Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590256 times)

modoupodou

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2475 on: May 13, 2011, 02:49:14 PM »
Another story about the same cousin...

One day her and her mom went down stairs to their basement to grab some pots and pans for a party they were throwing. When they walked to the room they saw a boy at the corner facing the corner. The mom, thinking it was one of her brother's friends asked him, why isn't he with her son  upstairs. The boy didnt answer, he just stood facing the wall at the corner.
At that moment their grandmother also came downstairs to get something. She asked the mom who was she talking to. The mother told her about the boy at the corner. The grandmother (who sleeps in the basement) said "oh don't talk to him, he is a ghost"

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

always1991

« Reply #2476 on: May 13, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »
Hi everyone I'm new here so correct me if I write something that doesn't make any sense. Got couple story to tell you guys. It might not be scary or maybe it will too.

A friend of mine tell me this story a year ago. One day a lady came to their house and ask my friend grandma to see why is her daughter been acting weird and was very mean to her. So the grandma she did that shaman thing and said the reason way she was like that because this one time she went to the lake with her friend and suddenly something happen and she met a guy dragon. So everyday he would come and see her and they would be talking. Sometime she would told her mom or siblings that oh he's here don't you guys see him and so on. But no one see him. They been dating and loving each other alot. The mother told the grandma is their any way to help her daughter and the grandma said well they been dating for very long now and is kind of hard to help her because now they love each other but if at first they haven't fell for each other than is easier to help. Well after that my friend she didn't finish telling me because she don't wanted to keep on asking her grandma to tell her so she only tell me what she heard. Don't know if this is real or not but I only write down what I know or heard.

This happen 4 years ago. One time it was around 9 or 10 p.m and I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the kitchen who is now my husband. My 2nd oldest sister was upstair talking to her boyfriend on the phone while my 3rd oldest sister was taking a shower. About couple minutes later my 3rd oldest sister scream and ran upstair and tell my scecond oldest sister of what she saw in the bathroom mirror and then they both came downstair to the kitchen and tell me what is going on and I stop talking on the phone. Here is what my 3rd oldest sister said when she was in shower. She turn the water to hot when sunddenly it turn out to be so cold that she can't take it anymore and when she got out of the shower she turn her head to the mirror and saw two small hand on it. You know when you take a shower the mirror got fog yeah that's when she saw two handprint on it. She open the door quickly and then she said she got frooze like something try to stop her from screaming or talking. My 2nd oldest sister come down and look at her but my 3rd oldest sister she couldn't talk and all she do was using her eye and stare at the mirror but I guess my 2nd oldest sister doesn't know what she was doing so she was like koj ruam os and went back upstair. So then my 3rd oldest sister now can talk again and she quickly ran upstair and that's is when she told my sister and both of them came downstair and grab me and tell me. The next day we tell all my brothers and parents and they would like maybe your blind and thinking too much but you never know..Anyways I gotta go i'll tell more when i'm back.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:25 PM »
this is not related to ghost story but a scary event that happened back in the high school days.

Some friends and I decided to skip school and go swimming. It was getting close to summer so it was a very hot day. I dont really remember all the detail of that day, but for some reason after reading all these ghost, dragon, and spirit story.... This pop back into my mind and got me thinking. That afternoon, took a little break for lunch and snack after a long day of swimming, when my guy friend saw a snake in the river. They got some tree branch and pull the snake out and killed it. At the time we were all stupid and young so we didnt think much of anything, but come to think of it now, it could have been a zaj (dragon). There is a saying that if you see a snake in the river, that means a zaj is out for their meal..... luckily at that moment everyone was already out of the water.
Zaj has many forms. But I'm glad that nothing happened.. All I know is that the Zaj(s) are scare of the havens. Don't ask me why.. Cause if the zaj takes a person, and it's not their time yet. The god will kill the Zaj(s) by lighten boltz. Rarely do you see boltz from the sky striking a lake or river. But I heard that from the OG's,back home Laos..

Either way the best to protect yourself is to not go swimming.
If you read my posting on Zaj. My very close cousin drowned in waist high water.. And he's not even a kid. A fully grown man that should of known better. I didn't even remember that story till I brought some old photo(s) to my mom's house.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: May 14, 2011, 12:18:33 AM »
Hi everyone I'm new here so correct me if I write something that doesn't make any sense. Got couple story to tell you guys. It might not be scary or maybe it will too.

A friend of mine tell me this story a year ago. One day a lady came to their house and ask my friend grandma to see why is her daughter been acting weird and was very mean to her. So the grandma she did that shaman thing and said the reason way she was like that because this one time she went to the lake with her friend and suddenly something happen and she met a guy dragon. So everyday he would come and see her and they would be talking. Sometime she would told her mom or siblings that oh he's here don't you guys see him and so on. But no one see him. They been dating and loving each other alot. The mother told the grandma is their any way to help her daughter and the grandma said well they been dating for very long now and is kind of hard to help her because now they love each other but if at first they haven't fell for each other than is easier to help. Well after that my friend she didn't finish telling me because she don't wanted to keep on asking her grandma to tell her so she only tell me what she heard. Don't know if this is real or not but I only write down what I know or heard.

This happen 4 years ago. One time it was around 9 or 10 p.m and I was on the phone with my boyfriend at the kitchen who is now my husband. My 2nd oldest sister was upstair talking to her boyfriend on the phone while my 3rd oldest sister was taking a shower. About couple minutes later my 3rd oldest sister scream and ran upstair and tell my scecond oldest sister of what she saw in the bathroom mirror and then they both came downstair to the kitchen and tell me what is going on and I stop talking on the phone. Here is what my 3rd oldest sister said when she was in shower. She turn the water to hot when sunddenly it turn out to be so cold that she can't take it anymore and when she got out of the shower she turn her head to the mirror and saw two small hand on it. You know when you take a shower the mirror got fog yeah that's when she saw two handprint on it. She open the door quickly and then she said she got frooze like something try to stop her from screaming or talking. My 2nd oldest sister come down and look at her but my 3rd oldest sister she couldn't talk and all she do was using her eye and stare at the mirror but I guess my 2nd oldest sister doesn't know what she was doing so she was like koj ruam os and went back upstair. So then my 3rd oldest sister now can talk again and she quickly ran upstair and that's is when she told my sister and both of them came downstair and grab me and tell me. The next day we tell all my brothers and parents and they would like maybe your blind and thinking too much but you never know..Anyways I gotta go i'll tell more when i'm back.

First of all, I wanna welcome you to PH..Lots of good ghost stories in here. The best of it's kind. You will not be disappointed with all these stories. I looked at other site(s) to post some of my story and I end up here.

This was the only reason(s) I joined PH..
Anyways...My FIL's oldest sister told me this, when she came up to visit him when he was ill.

As I mentioned a few blogs back..This happened in Kansas. This hmong families bought a house, and it's a duplex. One up stairs and well you get the pix. Anyways I couldn't remember if the family lived up/down stairs. So one day this black lady came into one of the daughter's dream and told them to get of her house. So the daughter woke up and thought that, that it was weird. And didn't think much of it. So the dream got worst and worst, but being a church person( sorry my spelling isn't there. LOL) She decided to pray. So that night the lady came back into her dream and the daughter told her that, they bought the house therefore they will not move out. So the black lady told her " she lives with her son and when duties called he had to go to war overseas, and that the lady had a heart attack and die in the house". Long story short cause too much detail(s) So the daughter asked if the black lady would want pray with her. And the black lady did, however the black lady asked "if they refuse to move out then they need to live ( this is what I forgot) either up/down stairs". I think it was upstairs. And the lady lives downstairs.

Anyways she the hmong lady got scared cause the black refuse to leave and move on.. So one day the hmong"s neighbor came to the family and asked "if there was someone living in downstairs with them, cause every morning they will see a black figure come out of the house and open the water hose and water the lawn.. then goes back into the house.. So the hmong ppl got even more scare. One day they decided to put up cam(s) in the downstairs.

Guess what they recorded....
They recorded a hand... a hairy hand. Not the whole body or arm but a hand... no i didn't see the clip, even if it was offer to me to see I won't wanna see... there are things that you must not see...
So after that, they put that house up for sale. I don't know what happened after that.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 14, 2011, 12:38:17 AM »
Okay got another one..
This is sorta from my younger bro.
He kinda weird, cause he sorta have these 6 thingy. Like he'll go fishing with his friends and he'll see strange figures and all that stuff. One time he went out to fish with his friend(s) and they went to this lake, (I also fish that lake, so I'm aware of which spot he was talking about) on to the story, as he was casting his line out. He saw what he thought was a person on that Island. So he looked again and say to himself---wait I didn't see any hmong ppl cross the lake to get to that Island. So he looked again and the thing was looking back at him.

He got scare and told his friend(s) that he wasn't feeling good. And some of his friends were like "aaah dude" so my bro told them that he needs to go home cause he's feeling very sick all a sudden. So they all pack up and while they were on the road, he told them that did they see a little kid with red eyes over in that Island. That's when one of his friends said"yeah but I tried not to think of it". So some of his friends got scare. LOL

He's seen a lot of strange things with his friends. So when he goes with me... I too get kinda scare. Cause he see stuff that I'm not seeing. But I could feel stuff but lucky  for me I don't have that skill set.

After some many strange encounter's that I heard from my bro. I asked if, and when he's out fishing with me.. do he see stuff like that...  and he said no. I was a bit relief. And I told him that one of his friend(s) might have someone/thing following the person. Cause when you fish with me. you see nothing, but when you're with your friends you see. But he still don't believe me..
Been busy fishing with almost $4 per gal... So I haven't ask him about it, or maybe one of his friend(s) stopped fishing.. cause he hasn't told me a new one... not yet..

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:43:52 AM by saki saki »

Pure-Noob

« Reply #2480 on: May 14, 2011, 02:15:48 AM »
Zaj has many forms. But I'm glad that nothing happened.. All I know is that the Zaj(s) are scare of the havens. Don't ask me why.. Cause if the zaj takes a person, and it's not their time yet. The god will kill the Zaj(s) by lighten boltz. Rarely do you see boltz from the sky striking a lake or river. But I heard that from the OG's,back home Laos..

Either way the best to protect yourself is to not go swimming.
If you read my posting on Zaj. My very close cousin drowned in waist high water.. And he's not even a kid. A fully grown man that should of known better. I didn't even remember that story till I brought some old photo(s) to my mom's house.

Talking about Lightning bolt striking Zaj. My dad's little brother drowned in this big river back in Laos. When they recovered his body, there were two holes on his neck. His family weren't happy so a few months later, his older brother went to burn papers at the river, begging for the sky to kill the Zaj in the river because he took his little brother. Then a lightning bolt from the sky struck my dad's other brother killing him also. What bad luck my dad's family had. Maybe it wasn't the dragon who killed their little bro so the sky was pissed off at his older brother accusing the dragon for the kill and zapped him also. Or maybe the dragon had lighting powers also?

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 15, 2011, 12:48:04 AM »
Talking about Lightning bolt striking Zaj. My dad's little brother drowned in this big river back in Laos. When they recovered his body, there were two holes on his neck. His family weren't happy so a few months later, his older brother went to burn papers at the river, begging for the sky to kill the Zaj in the river because he took his little brother. Then a lightning bolt from the sky struck my dad's other brother killing him also. What bad luck my dad's family had. Maybe it wasn't the dragon who killed their little bro so the sky was pissed off at his older brother accusing the dragon for the kill and zapped him also. Or maybe the dragon had lighting powers also?
Dam, that's freaky, I mean I heard stories about blotz hitting the water, and killing the Zaj for doing the wrong... But never had I though that blotz can rain down on a person for falsely blaming the Zaj for doing the drowning..

Pure Noob,
Sorry to of hear about your uncle... Hope that ur families are doing better.

FNXIAO89

« Reply #2482 on: May 16, 2011, 02:01:35 PM »
This story is from a friend;

Lets call him Lo. Anyways, Lo finally bought his first car from this Caucasian dude. He was really happy about it because it was his own. A few nights later, weird things started to happen. Because he works late usually by the time he drive home, there's barely any cars left on the road. There's this bridge that he passes by every night from work.

After a few nights of driving  his car, he noticed a shadowy figure in his backseat. It only appears whenever he's crossing the bridge. The first time that he saw the figure he tried cussing it out. The second time, it took a lot more effort to get rid of it. Lo describe it as a woman. He could clearly see her figure but her face was a mess. He couldn't really tell what she looked like because her face was so blurry. Every time she appears, he got a lot of goosebumps and his hair stood on ends.

He finally told his grandma about his two incidents. She told him to go out and buy some dead money and incense. He had to burn the money and light the incense for his mom. You see, his mom died a while back when he was younger. Lo's grandma said that if he did that her spirit would protect him. While rushing home with the stuff, he got in a car accident. He drove into a parked car.

He said that as he was rushing home the lady shadow appeared again! This time she was on his car hood and she was crouched like a tigress ready to pouch! That was when he swirled his car and hit a parked car.

After burning the money and incense for his mom Lo went to talk with the original owner of the car. Lo asked the guy if anybody had died in the car. The guy said "Yeah. My wife."

rambo

« Reply #2483 on: May 16, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
This story is from a friend;

Lets call him Lo. Anyways, Lo finally bought his first car from this Caucasian dude. He was really happy about it because it was his own. A few nights later, weird things started to happen. Because he works late usually by the time he drive home, there's barely any cars left on the road. There's this bridge that he passes by every night from work.

After a few nights of driving  his car, he noticed a shadowy figure in his backseat. It only appears whenever he's crossing the bridge. The first time that he saw the figure he tried cussing it out. The second time, it took a lot more effort to get rid of it. Lo describe it as a woman. He could clearly see her figure but her face was a mess. He couldn't really tell what she looked like because her face was so blurry. Every time she appears, he got a lot of goosebumps and his hair stood on ends.

He finally told his grandma about his two incidents. She told him to go out and buy some dead money and incense. He had to burn the money and light the incense for his mom. You see, his mom died a while back when he was younger. Lo's grandma said that if he did that her spirit would protect him. While rushing home with the stuff, he got in a car accident. He drove into a parked car.

He said that as he was rushing home the lady shadow appeared again! This time she was on his car hood and she was crouched like a tigress ready to pouch! That was when he swirled his car and hit a parked car.

After burning the money and incense for his mom Lo went to talk with the original owner of the car. Lo asked the guy if anybody had died in the car. The guy said "Yeah. My wife."
seriously you gotta use that name Lo ??
thats my freaken name!! but im not that person youre relating too.. LOL!!
scary stories.. keep it coming..

Gawmp

« Reply #2484 on: May 16, 2011, 03:19:16 PM »
FNX...dayem that was scary. So what did Lo do with the car?

FNXIAO89

« Reply #2485 on: May 16, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
well... ask 'rambo' that's him ;D

Naw but for reals, Lo sold it... really cheap.

I don't know if you guys heard this story before but I remember it from my childhood.

There was this old Hmong couple in Laos who wanted a child very much. Whenever they go to their garden in the mountains, they would say aloud, "Oh, how we wish for a child to warm our home." One day, after they said that a lady poj txoog (sorry if i spelled it wrong) heard them. She decided to grant them their wish.

A few days later, while the couple was walking to their garden they heard a baby cry. They rushed towards the cries and found a baby boy crying by a tall old tree. They felt so blessed. They thanked heaven and took the baby home.

Ever since they brought the baby home they have been switching days so that someone is at home with the baby. So if the dad goes to the garden the mom would stay home to watch the baby. If the mom goes, the dad would stay. This went on for a couple of months. Subtly, they began to notice how tired they've become.

One day, while the dad was walking to the garden he remembered he had forgotten his shovel so he rushed back home. Because he had become so tired he didn't make any noise and plus he didn't want to wake up the mom and baby if they were still sleeping. As he got closer to the house, he began to get goosebumps. His hairs began to tingle and stood on ends. The closer the dad got to the house, he heard this suckling sound coming from inside the house. Curious, he peeked a hole into the house where the sound was the loudest. What he saw terrify him to his bones.

The mom was laying on the bed sleeping and the baby was up. But it didn't look like the baby they found. It was greenish blue with deep eye sockets. By this time the 'baby' had grown a little and it was sucking blood from the mom. He was so scared he didn't know what to do so he took the shovel and went back to the garden. As night fell, the dad walked home. Instead of tending to the garden, he had been building a bamboo cell for the baby poj txoog.

The next morning, he pulled the woman to the side and whisper to her of what he saw. At first she didn't want to believe him but as the day progressed she also began to noticed the little things her husband had been telling her. Although she didn't exactly see the greenish blue hue of the baby she realized that the baby they found really was a poj txoog's baby. Its eyes kept following them wherever they went. It didn't look no where else.

The couple didn't wait til night fall. They rushed the baby and bamboo cell into the mountains and set the bamboo cell on fire with the baby inside it. As the baby started to scream the couple heard horrific screams from all around them. It was so inhuman that they rushed home and never looked back. They also never wished for a child again.

Offline lifemystery

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 17, 2011, 03:01:05 AM »
Is it true upon Hmong beliefs when someone dies inside a house; their spirit haunts the place because it still thinks their family is still living in there? I had a friend of mine moved to a new place not too long ago. I asked him why. He told me that it was haunted. Before he lived there a Hmong elderly woman died in the house of natural causes. The previous family moved out of that house as soon as possible after her death. He mention that he can hear an old lady crying downstairs, the kitchen smell commonly filled with fresh rice that has just been fully cooked even though he cooked meals with a strong scent such as frying meats. During early in the morning dishes rambles while the water is running on its own as someone is washing the dishes. While he is sleeping something blows clouds of smoke or cold air into his face. When taking pictures of his sons & daughters beside them is an old lady Hmong wearing the traditional clothes.

Offline thehotone

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »
My aunt told me this recently. This happened to her niece in Cali, so if any one knows them personally..pl ease add.

Lee (not real names) and Bao with their children and spouses had moved into together into a new rental. On the day of viewing, Lee had bought a camera to take pictures b/c neither Bao or her hsb were able to go. When viewing the pictures, there was an old white man standing at the corner of the house outside. Thinking they that they made had just caught the neighbor coming around, they went ahead and rented the place b/c it was new and affordable.

Moved in and settle...every night Lee stated that there was constant talking and movement out in the living room and kitchen like someone is cooking and washing dishes but bc it never really show it's presences they were able to live with it....the noises actually got louder and louder until one night as soon as they fell asleep, they heard loud talking. Thinking it was Bao and her hsb, Lee got up to see. She open the door and look out the hallway and it was dark and there was no lights on in her sis's bedroom. As she turn back around into her room, she looked at her hsb and his eyes were bright red! Immediately, she started screaming and yelling, her hsb not knowing why started to approach her and she fell back against the wall covering her eyes. Lee and her hsb had heard her and ran into the room and saw her on the floor covering her eyes and screaming. When they asked what was wrong she was hysterically screaming for them to look at her hsb. They saw the exact thing. Lee's hsb eye were bright red!!  Lee was hysterical by this time and demanded Bao's hsb, who was a Pastor to pray and she demanded her hsb to leave the house and never come back. Her hsb, still clueless, grab his keys and left.

Lee and Bao's family took a dash towards the door after he left and went elsewhere to calm down. In the morning, they call their mom to tell her and had her assist them to grab their things as they were in a rush, they left the children's diapers etc... When they arrived at the house, Bao's hsb took a picture of the front yard on his cell phone. They were able to grab their things while he took more pictures inside the house.

Lee's hsb did call looking for her but she banned him from her and told him to go stay with an uncle. She refused to remain married to him any longer and after much intervention from both families, she relented. When asked if he remembers the night, he states that he remembers that they were yelling at him and had kick him out of the house but he doesn't remember where he drove off to.. the only thing he remembers is that he was back in front of the house again and all the lights were turned off and the cars were gone and that he was confused but called Lee and she told him to go to his uncle's house.

This is the spooky part.. after they were able to move everything out, they went thru those pictures on Bao's hsb phone and the picture he took of the front house, there was two white kids standing by the window inside of the house. Another picture in the hall shows a blur vision of an native Indian person and one in the bathroom shows an outline of a lady in the tub.  :o

I don't think it's the house, I think it's the land. But who knows...

molayang

« Reply #2488 on: May 17, 2011, 08:24:12 AM »
I remember my mom telling me a story about her when she was still in her younging day. she went to the garden (back in laos). So one day my mom and her sister's went to the garden because they had no more zaug to eat and no more food for the pigs. While my mom went her own way sorta into the forest to get those things that you feed pigs and her sisters went to the garden to get some zaug, my mom heard a teenage voice crying and my mom was curious and she went to go look cause she thought it was her sister crying from tripping or something like that, well when she got out of the forest she see's a girl sitting on the rock crying, my mom said that the girl had long hair and was wearing hmong clothes (dead hmong clothes) she got so freaked out she went to get her sisters and they ran home. my mom told her mom which is my grandma saying that she saw something strange near the garden. My grandma didnt really believe my mom but all of a sudde this lady walks out of no where and ask my mom " me ntxais koj pos dab tsis os?" (sorry i suck) so my mom told her the story and the lady said (ok imma write this in english. LOL "Ohh that was where we buried our daughter, she died because we wouldnt let her marry her bf so she ate medicine and she had pass away and maybe she just miss her bf". My mom was so scared. so my grandma was like oh thank you for telling us. So the crying that my mom heard was the girl was crying because she misses her bf.
 :o

Fishhead

« Reply #2489 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:18 AM »
A story told by a story teller.

Recently at NC. A BIL bought a house and not knowing the house was haunted and he got in an afordable price.
BIL was excite and happy.

BIL daughter already sick (Raug Dad Phem Lawm) before they move to their new home. One day
BIL call a shaman to do the jingle bell for his daughter, suddenly a white girl appear out
of no where in a day light walking inside of the house. One of the BIL cousin's wife yell
at the white girl, what is she doing in the house and where's her parent. The white girl
walk outside to the front door and dissappear.

BIL called his younger brother in MN ask the younger brother's wife to Siab Yaig and do mini
jingle bell (new shaman) to check on the house and BIL daughter. As she travel to the spiritual realm
to BIL house. When she open the door to thier house, it's all dark, she felt strong and strange energy
coming from the house will doing jingle bell in MN. She was able to understand what's lying inside BIL
house and what happen to the daugther.

BIL daughter spirit also got possess by the white girl. The white girl die in the house with mutiple
stabbed. There's mean white man spirit lived inside the house, believed he might get burried some where in the
basement or ground level. Another person either a American Indian man or Black man die around the
area where the house was built. The yound shaman got very spooky and even get goosebump all over when
doing jingle bell.

Advertisements