Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590161 times)

QueenK23

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #2655 on: August 04, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
I also don't remember if I told this one....Happene d to my sister in her first apartment...

My sister was going to college and living with two of my other cousin. This was a two bed rm apt so my sister shared with one of the cousin while the other cousin took the other room. One day the cousin my sis shared room with was in the kitchen cooking. In the middle of cooking she heard the front door opened and closed and said she saw the back of a lady with long black hair walk into their room and thought it was my sister. After cooking she went in to the bedroom to ask my sister if she wanted to eat but when she went in no one was around. She checked the closet, bathroom even the living room but no one was in sight. I don't know what she did after wards but if it was me, I would've instantly gotten out of the house. That apt always had an eerie feeling every time we went and spend the night with them.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

population1

« Reply #2656 on: August 04, 2011, 05:49:16 PM »
When I had my first daughter, She would cry 3-4x a night.. I would always have to wake up and get her milk. This one time as I was getting up to get her a bottle in the kitchen I saw this black shadow went by really fast pass our bedroom door. I figured maybe it was my mil since her room was next to ours.. But I thought, what the heck - its 3 in the morning; what is she doing up. I didn't think much so I went to the kitchen; the lights were off.. I checked in the living room and the lights were off also; I turned the lights on and no one was there. I thought hrmm, weird.. Didn't think much of it and went back to the room.. This happened twice while I was on my monthly chicken diet with my first daughter. Dunno what I saw those times but thank goodness I didn't see it anymore.. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me since I was so exhausted.. maybe.. maybe not..

the condition of your baby could've been what is called baby colic -- it happens to many infants. your eyes were just adjusting from dark to light, or from light to dark, environments as per the perception "rule" such as when the pupils dilate/constrict -- there is a Thai horror movie inspired by this called Colic, if you want to check it out.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:53:28 PM by population1 »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 04, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »
Speaking about baby that cry like that... I just remember. Back in Laos, my cousin would cry all day and night. The name that he has now...was not the name that was giving to him as an infant. My mom would tell me that. The name that was giving to him as an infant.. he would cry all day and night. And there would be like a bird of some kind out of this world, that would cry along with him every time the sun raises or fall. After a long while it was said that he didn't like the name that was giving to him. And then my OG's changed his name and he stop crying...
That's why when giving baby names. you have to choose carefully..

moscato

« Reply #2658 on: August 05, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »
the condition of your baby could've been what is called baby colic -- it happens to many infants. your eyes were just adjusting from dark to light, or from light to dark, environments as per the perception "rule" such as when the pupils dilate/constrict -- there is a Thai horror movie inspired by this called Colic, if you want to check it out.

Cool - I'll look into it. Yeah, I figured my baby was prolly colic.. She only cried during at night tho.. 

Havocrazy

« Reply #2659 on: August 06, 2011, 10:40:24 PM »
Back than, two boy were watching cattle near their parents' garden. It was a fine day so far 'til they were coming back to the garden house around noon. All the cows cross this little small creek except one . . . and one boy were on front leading and the other one at the back on guard. The boy at the back yelled out to the boy at the back "hurry, what's the hold up?" . . . the boy at the back yelled back in fear "nws mooooooooo tsis tau".

>:D LOL

NtxheeYeesVaj

« Reply #2660 on: August 07, 2011, 10:01:15 PM »
Is it true upon Hmong beliefs when someone dies inside a house; their spirit haunts the place because it still thinks their family is still living in there? I had a friend of mine moved to a new place not too long ago. I asked him why. He told me that it was haunted. Before he lived there a Hmong elderly woman died in the house of natural causes. The previous family moved out of that house as soon as possible after her death. He mention that he can hear an old lady crying downstairs, the kitchen smell commonly filled with fresh rice that has just been fully cooked even though he cooked meals with a strong scent such as frying meats. During early in the morning dishes rambles while the water is running on its own as someone is washing the dishes. While he is sleeping something blows clouds of smoke or cold air into his face. When taking pictures of his sons & daughters beside them is an old lady Hmong wearing the traditional clothes.
[/quo

No, it's not always true. My grandpa passed away in our house & we never saw, heard, or encountered anything supernatural at all. I guess it just depends on the family & its history. If koj ntsev neeg muaj dab then yes, it'll happen.

bossymum

« Reply #2661 on: August 09, 2011, 11:19:04 PM »
This happened recently to my sister:

Her friends were finally having a hangout night before college starts and these newly graduates would be going their own ways in the amazing adventure of college life. Her best friend was having this chill out at his house which is like a 10min walk from our house. Since it was 9 p.m. my sister wanted my mom and me to drop her off because we were going to Wal-Mart anyways. Shortly, after she arrived at her friend’s home, all her friends decided to play tag in the dark. Wth right? She said that they wanted to be kids for one last time before they start off as young adults.

So, while some of the friends were tagging around, my sister, her best friend and her other girlfriend (let’s call her Kathy) were just standing outside of the garage watching everyone else.  Kathy had parked her car across the street in the garage parking space of that house because NO ONE lived in that house. As my sister and her two friends were carried away conversating, Kathy noticed that the house across the street (the one with no resident, where her car is at) had the living room lights on. She turned to my sister’s best friend and asked him, “hey, are you sure no one is living in that house? Because the lights are on in the living room?” He replied, “uh, yeah I forgot to tell you that someone moved in.”  Kathy then said, “I should move my car because I’m embarrassed now that I parked in their space.” The best friend then said, “no, don’t. I was just kidding, no one lives there.” Kathy replied, “then why is the light on in the living room then?”

The whole time Kathy and the best friend were discussing about the house across the street, my sister kept turning to look at the house. During the time when all three of them noticed the lights in the living room of the house across the street, my sister saw two guys standing next to Kathy’s car. She clearly remember s one  individual was in a white T, his head was bent downward towards Kathy’s car, as if he was wondering whose car was in his driveway and the other individual was in all black. Since she wears glasses (she didn’t have them on that night) her vision was kind of blurred but she would keep turning her head to stare at them, all the while squinting her eyes to better her vision. While the two friends were talking about whether Kathy should move her car or not and the best friend who kept insisting Kathy that no one really lives in that house so she could stop fretting about her car when my sister interfered into their conversation and said, “are you SURE that no one is living in that house? Because there’s two people who’s standing by Kathy’s car. I think you should move it because I don’t think they like the fact that you parked there.”

----- the scary part that would stop you in your tracks----Kathy turns and take one look at the house across the street and her car and said to my sister, “What are you talking about? There’s no one there, don’t scare me.” Then, my sister turned back to see if she was just seeing things…sure enough the two individuals was still standing next to Kathy’s vehicle staring at them…then she kept squinting at the two individuals and they turned into a bush. She then turned back to her two friends and told them, “oh, uh JUST KIDDING. I didn’t mean to scare you Kathy, I don’t have my glasses on, it’s nothing..just a bush.” Then, everyone decided to stop playing and go back into the best friend’s house. While everyone was going back inside, Kathy turns around to look at the house across the street one last time and said, “LOOK! The living room lights went out.” Everyone just went inside but my sister knew that what she saw was two men. How can a bush have a white shirt on? She really saw two individuals standing next to Kathy’s car, but being the brave girl she is…she just left it as that.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:23:09 PM by bossymum »

Venuz

« Reply #2662 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:00 AM »
These are some really interesting stories, please do share more  >:D

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: August 10, 2011, 10:07:01 PM »
I have one more story. But I'm gonna change the setting a bit. To protect my buddy's ID.
Speaking about family member passing on inside the house. My buddy's older brother was diagnosis with a rare cancer in the head. All the families could do was watch him wither away. Cause he couldn't eat. Every night they can hear foot steps running back and forth in the attic. And when his brother was on his death bed. The foot steps were ever louder. Almost like some one was living in there. The families that lived in there were scare to live in there cause they don't know what the foot steps are or who's making the noise.

And when the people came to watch the night thingy, they too can hear it. A lot of them people were scare too. But they were relatives so they had to stay no matter what. I went to help watch with them but I didn't hear it.. Maybe I'm going deaf or I just couldn't hear it. Of course I went home earlier like around 10-11 pm. So maybe I just lucked out. LOL.  It went on all the way up to his burial day. After that they moved out of the house. I didn't even know that it was happening until he told me.

Man, I just lucked out. Of course he told me like a year after it happened.
Everything is true to what happened. Just the people had changed.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:33:43 AM by saki saki »

Li Mhong

« Reply #2664 on: August 13, 2011, 05:56:27 AM »
Alright his is not A Hmong Ghost Story, But I thought I should Share it.
Just had a Dream about a Zombie apocalypse.
Now....I hope Science Doesn't Mess up.
It was the most Hellish Dream I ever had in Years.
It started out with Me, My Lil Bro, My Sister, and My brother in Law.
It was Dark, and Sprinkling a little. We were in a Truck Getting ready to go, and I had a Gun with me. We started walking on the Road, Surrounded by Garbage and Broken Cars. That's when we Found a Long long Stair to a Barn. When we got to the Top, My brother in Law Decided to Check the Barn. Just when he Reached the Entrance to the Barn, a Zombie Came out of no Where and Took my Bro in Law. Then a Large Group of Zombies Come Running Towards us...
Me, my Sister, and my lil Bro Ran Down the Stairs and I looked back and Saw that there was too much too kill and they were Fast as Hell. My Sister and Lil Bro were Behind me So I let them Passed and I Started Shooting away. The gun did seem to Effect the Zombies, So I just Ran Down, and Only saw My Lil Bro, And I told him to Run. I pointed the Gun to my Head, And Oh my God, it took a Whole Clip just to Kill me...That was the most Confusing part.
This was Only Part 1. I will Continue Later

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #2665 on: August 13, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »

Alright his is not A Hmong Ghost Story, But I thought I should Share it.
Just had a Dream about a Zombie apocalypse.
Now....I hope Science Doesn't Mess up.
It was the most Hellish Dream I ever had in Years.
It started out with Me, My Lil Bro, My Sister, and My brother in Law.
It was Dark, and Sprinkling a little. We were in a Truck Getting ready to go, and I had a Gun with me. We started walking on the Road, Surrounded by Garbage and Broken Cars. That's when we Found a Long long Stair to a Barn. When we got to the Top, My brother in Law Decided to Check the Barn. Just when he Reached the Entrance to the Barn, a Zombie Came out of no Where and Took my Bro in Law. Then a Large Group of Zombies Come Running Towards us...
Me, my Sister, and my lil Bro Ran Down the Stairs and I looked back and Saw that there was too much too kill and they were Fast as Hell. My Sister and Lil Bro were Behind me So I let them Passed and I Started Shooting away. The gun did seem to Effect the Zombies, So I just Ran Down, and Only saw My Lil Bro, And I told him to Run. I pointed the Gun to my Head, And Oh my God, it took a Whole Clip just to Kill me...That was the most Confusing part.
This was Only Part 1. I will Continue Later

Sounds like Resident Evil the movie.  Hahaha...maybe you watched too much zombie movies and your brain brought you into that world.

Roc

« Reply #2666 on: August 14, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
(ex. if you are going to use the "he" second-person POV then stick to it and try not to replace it with the "she" 2nd person POV... so on... )

Not to be an ass but both "he" and "she" are 3rd person. 1st person is "I" 2nd person is "you" 3rd person is "he/she/it"

Anyway still making my way through these stories. Just got back from my trip to Alaska. Although I didn't experience anything, my uncle says he saw a bigfoot while we were grouse hunting/atv-ing. Apparently my cousin's old house is haunted too.

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #2667 on: August 14, 2011, 11:59:45 PM »
Here is a super scary story.  

Once upon a time in Laos, there was a couple farming and then the husband asked the wife niam Tong if she loved him and she said yeah.  She said " You and I loved each other every much and what would you do if one of us die'  Then  the husband reply " If you one of us died, then we would miss each other so much"  Then a year later the wife died.  The funeral was held in a straw house and there were no lights at night so people had to burn wood to lit the house up, but it was still dark outside of the fire place.  They did the funeral on the first night.  The person who did the leading the dead to the origin was doing his thing, then suddenly saw that the wife Tong was not on her horse or strap any more.  He got spook and turned his head to look at where the meat was and there she was.  The dead wife tong was eating raw meat and she turned and stared at him laugh " Hayyyy. Hayyyy, hay"  OMG!. He was so scared but he couln't say anything because he was afraid that she would get him.  So he just went back to doing his thing knowing he is scared shit.  His world turned upside down and time seen to be going so slow.  So he took out a main person in charge of the funeral out side and told him to look at the dead women's horse or strap.  they went inside and they proceeded do their own the leading the dead person ritual and then the main person looked at the horse and she was not there.  He looked at the corner and then there she was.  She was eating and looking at them with oil and blood dripping on her face.  The dead wife looked up and stared at them.  OMG!...they both were so scared , but there was nothing they can do.  Nobody seem to notice anything wierd and were just focusing on their card games.  They both said they were going to leave home because they were so scared, then they ran towards the door.  But then the dead wife ran to stopped them.  She said " if you guys are going to leave and not finished my funeral service then i will follow you home and haunt you".  The she went back to the horse bed with meat oil and blood stain on her face. OMG!..they don't know what to do.  If they run, they will be follow, if they tell others, then people will run and the dead wife will haunt them also.  So the two guys told the husband to go cry for his dead wife because he hasn't done so.  So the husband goes to the horse bed and cry for her but doesn't seem to notice anything.  The room was semi dark too, so the husband couldn't see her face clearly and maybe the ghost made others see her as a clean person so noone seem to notice.

The the second day comes and noone seems to notice all the oil and blood stains her face and people came and go.  People cooked and clean but noone seem to notice the dead wife tong with a face fulled to stains.  Then night come and evrything that had happen on the first night happened again.  The two guys are the only ones to see the dead wife getting up and eating again.  OMG. they were so scared but there was nothing to do.  The husband did not notice anything and no one was looking at the dead wife.  The wife tong probbaly made people not noticing her unless they really focus on her then they could see her.  Then the two guys got the laughed again " Hay, Hay, Hayy..." Scared shit they were.  They couldn't wait for the night to be over with.  The they manage to survived and the third day comes.  The third day was the day of people bring offerings and people came and brough food and say their last good-byes.  The first person went to her horse and say his good-bye to wife tong, then suddenly she opened her eyes and winked at him.  He jumped said she winked at him.  Another person in charge said, stop joking, she is dead.  Then the second person comes and the same thing happens again.  The man in charge said stopped lying.  Then he goes up and "winked winked at him.  He screamed and everyone in the house ran out.  Noone was left in the house.  Even the husband packed and left asap.  That day the whole village packed and left.  Noone stayed behind except for the dead wife tong. 

TBC.....

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:09:03 AM by Wi_sweetguy »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 15, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

Sounds like Resident Evil the movie.  Hahaha...maybe you watched too much zombie movies and your brain brought you into that world.
I think too many COD zombie. LOL I had those, but unlike yours. I played too many COD zombie games..

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #2669 on: August 15, 2011, 12:19:03 AM »
Hey UNlimited,
The story is so fuken scary.
Let me ask you something.  During the NY did anyone see Tou and mai playing ball toss or talking to each other.  Could it be that Mai was a real teen who died of illiness and was into the chatting in PC.  Can any one confirm that Tou was with Mai at the NY or was Tou by himself but though he was with MAI.

Damn so scary.  I would like to know if you can answer my questions because I have heard of similar stories about a girl  talking to the dead guy and  Noone could see him nor hear him.  She would talk to her guy friend the minute she leave home to school AND after school only.  she later converted to christinaity after shamanism failed.  She was saved.

Hey unlimited  i think someone in here wrote a story similar to yours but it was a little different.  When i have time i will recall the story on here.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 12:20:55 AM by Wi_sweetguy »

Advertisements