Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590288 times)

MovKuam

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3315 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
Never heard that.  But it's fine.  We've got a Bible, various Buddha statues, and a painting of Jesus in our house even though no one in my immediate family is Christian or Buddhist.  My mom's a shaman and we're very traditional.  Nothing has happened and we've had those stuff ever since I was little. 

Those that been blessed by monk and those that you bought from store are not same.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

meiyouren

« Reply #3316 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »
Actually, we do have some amulets that was blessed by Buddhist monks in Thailand.  Not sure if that counts...

pajnpis

« Reply #3317 on: April 20, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »
I know this have nothing to do with ghost stories but I was wondering if anyone can interpret my dream that I had a while ago. I post it on another forum but no reply........ so this is just the repost of it

Anyone know what my dream means or is it nothing?

This Sunday morning I had a dream where I was inside this house. For some reason there are good and bad people outside but I'm able to let in the good people in. All of sudden I saw my sister in law walking around with her daughter so I ask her, "Niam ntawm, K (her husband which I'll just put as K) neb? Ua cas pom neb es tsis pom nws" (sister in law, where's K? How come I see you and don't see him). She just ignore me and walk off. Then the setting change. I was outside on a dark dirt road where I see her husband K, I ask him, "K cas koj tsis los tsev na. Los es peb mus tsev os (K how come you're not home. Let's go home). Anyways after I said that he told me that he can't come home, he gotta finished doing what he had done in the beginning.

I woke up after that and my husband told me that he had a headache so I was massaging his head but start to doze off again.
 I then dream about the same thing where I left off at...before I doze off I was telling myself that maybe I need to tell my mother in law...but then again I'm like, maybe it's nothing but right when I doze off it's right at where I left off, I ask him again how come he's not coming home and for him to go home. Again he said that he had to finished what he had done in the beginning and can't go home. I keep telling him to go home. He then ignore me and when and slept on a oversize half plastic easter egg at a dark dirt road.

Right after he slept there I felt something got off me and I woke up instantly without feeling tired. I woke up my husband but somehow wasn't scare then. About a few minutes I had a feeling something was at the corner so I had my husband turn on the light for me. He then told me to call my mother in law.... before calling I said that probably my mother in law will tell K to stay home for a week (ntshe niam yuav hais kom nws cai nyob tsev ib week) and right after I had that I heard a ding in my ear...it's like when you hit a bell and it make that loud ding noise.. I thought it was just my ear so I poke my finger in there but it's still there, and rub it against my husband arm but still there. It probably lasted for about 30-40 sec which seem like a while for me since I was scare.

If any know or think you know what it means, please do tell me.

---Thanks in advance

hmooblauj13

« Reply #3318 on: April 21, 2012, 01:05:25 AM »
     pajnpis, I am guessing that means something "might" happen to "K". I am not really a dream expert, but I have one dream that kinda came true. So I had a dream about spear fishing for some salmon in a creek. Although I did not take part in the spear fishing, I watched from the shore. The ones on the shore were supposed to look out for any people walking by, especially park rangers. All of a sudden this park ranger came out from the brushes and caught everyone. We all were fined a pretty big amount. I think its 500$ per salmon lol.

So a couple weeks after I had my dream, my buddies went spear fishing, but at a different creek. They got, from what I remember/heard, four salmon. When they were walking back to the car, a park ranger came out of the brushes and caught them. (LOL) Each of them went to court and were fined 500$ each. Sucks for them lol.

hmooblauj13

« Reply #3319 on: April 21, 2012, 01:19:20 AM »
Our family used to live in a house for about 8-9 years. The owner's father passed away in the house, it didn't seem to bother us as much. The house had a hallway straight from entering the front door. To the right was the living room, to the left was the kitchen, in the hallway, two rooms were to the right, one room at the right end, and the bathroom was across the first room on the right side. When I was still in kindergarten, which was about 15 years ago, my school session doesn't start until 12:00 pm. My parents and my younger brother and I usually watched "The Price is Right." I looked down the long hall way and saw white figure about 6' 8". I can tell because our hall had this part on top that made the hallway height shorter. It walked from the bathroom all the way to my parents room which was the last room to the right. Me, being a young kid and not knowing any good, followed the tall white shadow. I entered the room and did not see anything or anyone. I checked the bed and the closet and could not locate that figure. Still not afraid, I laid in bed pretending to sleep to see if the figure would appear. After about 5 mins, it did not show up so I left the room and told my parents. It's not a very scary story lol. Oh the figure looked like the one on the X-Files.

hmooblauj13

« Reply #3320 on: April 21, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »
     When I was a kid, I usually did not sleep on the bed. I was only a kid about 5 years old. I slept with my parents, but the bed was not big enough to fit me. I only slept on piles of blankets up to the height of the bed and I slept right under the window. In our backyard, there were two big apple trees with it's branches up to the window and above the roof. I kept having this same exact dream over and over again. The last time I had this exact dream was two years ago. I had this dream of sleeping under the window and seeing this "ghost" on the tree branch reaching towards me. I saw its bloody red hand reaching towards me say, "Come with me, Come with me." (The ghost looks like the one in the movie "Zeb and Shoua" played by that guy name Xab. They did three parts of the movie and it is an old movie) I didn't budge or speak a word. The window was blocking the ghost's hand from reaching inside and taking me. This dream scares the sh!t out of me.

hmooblauj13

« Reply #3321 on: April 21, 2012, 01:46:01 AM »
Last one for tonight:

Same house. My sister was in her teenage age, talking on the phone late at night. It was about 1:00 or 2:00 am, btw we live in Cali. Our phone was not cordless and it was in the kitchen right next to the refrigerator. While talking, she kept hearing some noise coming from the other side of the refrigerator where our rice cooker was located. It was bugging her so she decided to take a peek. It was dark, but the moonlight kept a little light inside our house. As she looked, she saw this tall dark figure. The dark figure was looking for food and was digging in to our rice cooker. After she saw that, she immediate hung up and went to bed.

zaubmos

« Reply #3322 on: April 21, 2012, 03:59:57 PM »
my own personal experience...

i get sat on often..usually a few days or so before my period..hehe.. .or when i go out of town..and back to own bed..i get sat on...

i usually know it will happen so i dont get to scared.

this one time..we just moved into our new home...i went down to Green Bay to visit and club..came home on Sunday...went to shower..and off to bed..i was tired...
my mom and my nyab were in the living room watching tv this i remembered..as i was dosing off...that stage where u are tired eyes are heavy but cant sleep....IT came...and this time it was no joke...it was like in the movies..like that Exorcist movie where she's thrown on the bed..blink of an eye the dark shadow over took me....swept by the side of my bed...moved the comforter....f elt my arm....and got on top of me...this time it was different from many times..it was just like in the movies...it dragged me...off my bed..i could feel it..i could see it..from the corner of my eyes i see my bedroom door opening...im screaming for my  mom to help me..i scream NYAB MOM help me...no one comes...as im being dragged off my bed....i can feel its hand...nails.. dig into my skin...im sweating...scr eaming...im like why is this different from the other many times...i try to crawl to my bedroom door....to open the door wider....all of a sudden it pulls me all the way back to my bed..throws me on my bed...gets on top of me...and gone..its gone....im finally wake up from what just happened....

i run out to the living room...sweatin g out of breath..and ask my mom and nyab why they didnt help me..

they said they didnt hear me...

one of the scariest nites for me.....

i told my mom to tie me a string..and put a knife under my pillow...

Luna_Paj

« Reply #3323 on: April 22, 2012, 12:16:26 PM »
let's see well I've just joined but I've been reading these for a while and thought that maybe i should share a couple of my stories they're not that scary though so I apologize.

Story 1
this was probably about four years ago back when me and my family use to live at a farm, and let me tell you there wasn't a house around until like a few acres. Anyway we owned about I think 80 to 100 acres on our farm, and it's all forest all around. Getting to the story  ;D lol, I had just got done taking a shower and well our bathroom was one of those bathrooms with a lot of mirrors, before I got out of the bathroom I opened the bathroom door which shows you the hall and the hall is always dark, I turned back to the mirror and started to make silly faces. Then out of nowhere I see like a very scary face not my face at all smiling at me. I got scared, but that's not all after that it came out and walked into the hallway into my bedroom, and trust me I was so scared I didn't even want to follow it but it went to my bed and I had to get dressed so I followed it but when I entered my room it was empty.  

Story 2
this is another bathroom incident, it's very short (same house), I just got out of the bathroom and entered my bedroom, I was about to take off my towel but then I saw a little boy and he was laughing behind my exercise machine. thinking it was my little brother I screamed at him and pulled the towel that was on the exercise machine that was covering him. but as soon as I pulled it he disappeared, I dressed quickly and went into the living, asked my little brother if he was in my room he said no

Story 3
same house, this was a dream this time. in the dream my little brother and my sister was sleeping with me and the lights were on, I heard laughing at the window so I looked up and I saw two little poj dab laughing and playing outside my window I reached out my hand to close the blinds but my hand felt extra heavy in the end I closed the blinds, but they went to the other window. so I closed my eyes and prayed for Jesus to help me and there was this be flash of light before my dream ended.

I've moved from that house now and is living in a different one there's about one story to the house I live in now but that's it. there's more about that farm house to, but i'll write more later. Oh and if you were wondering idk whether i'm Christan or Shaman because when my grandmother was still alive I always went to church with her. my family is Shaman but my grandmother was Christan. I sort of believe both so don't laugh at me.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:21:49 PM by Luna_Paj »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: April 23, 2012, 11:06:40 AM »
Luna, ur 1st story tat was quite a freaky one. Tat wat ever thing you said walked out N down to ur bedroom. Holy crap. Just a few ? Was it just a dark figure or did you see the detail?. I'm kinda like you i believe in God, but my parents went back to the old ways, you know tat table on the wall with the horns, paper money. Idk wat it's call or even know how to spell it.
Anyways living @ the farm is scarey stuff. Cum back N tell us more if you can.

Luna_Paj

« Reply #3325 on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:35 PM »
Luna, ur 1st story tat was quite a freaky one. Tat wat ever thing you said walked out N down to ur bedroom. Holy crap. Just a few ? Was it just a dark figure or did you see the detail?. I'm kinda like you i believe in God, but my parents went back to the old ways, you know tat table on the wall with the horns, paper money. Idk wat it's call or even know how to spell it.
Anyways living @ the farm is scarey stuff. Cum back N tell us more if you can.

I saw detail she was in a bathrobe just like me the only difference was she had a towel around her head it was pretty scary. Yeah and farms are somewhat scary, but I think the city is scarier in a way cause i've moved with my family again and where in the city this new house where in i got some pretty well scary to me might not be to u but it was scary i'll tell that later when i got time.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: April 24, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »
Speaking bout all these gett'n sat on..i just got sat on in the living room. Me N my 3yrs old was in the living room watching popeye. We were in the sleeping bag, my boy was watch..i started to dose off. All of a sudden i saw tis black figure came from the hall. It jumped ontop of me. I said crap. So i started to swing my arms N bitting. But i had my boy next to me. So the second thought was shyt were's my sword. As i fought it i opened my eyes and saw noting. I was like shyt did tat just happened.
I'll got into detail, later. Gotta pick up kid from school.

MovKuam

« Reply #3327 on: April 24, 2012, 03:53:04 PM »
Speaking bout all these gett'n sat on..i just got sat on in the living room. Me N my 3yrs old was in the living room watching popeye. We were in the sleeping bag, my boy was watch..i started to dose off. All of a sudden i saw tis black figure came from the hall. It jumped ontop of me. I said crap. So i started to swing my arms N bitting. But i had my boy next to me. So the second thought was shyt were's my sword. As i fought it i opened my eyes and saw noting. I was like shyt did tat just happened.
I'll got into detail, later. Gotta pick up kid from school.

You probably too handsome for the spiritual world or something. But likely you might need a shaman check up  :2funny: with all the sit on you got there doesn't sound normal anymore....eit her that you need lots of vitamin pills....

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:50 PM »

You probably too handsome for the spiritual world or something. But likely you might need a shaman check up  :2funny: with all the sit on you got there doesn't sound normal anymore....eit her that you need lots of vitamin pills....

i tink tat thing hasn't gone compeletly but still lingers, but wen i have my sword next to me. It's fine.  Anyways like i said before. I saw it cum out from the hall way. Wen i was fight'n it it felt like 30 sec. Only. But tat was enough to get me up for a while.  Check on shaman. IDK but if it keeps on doing it i'll have to have it look @. Who knows. I might have a feeling of who it might be, but tat just my opinoin.

Miss8)

« Reply #3329 on: April 26, 2012, 11:46:21 AM »
So there was this one night when a few friends and I decided to have a bonfire in one of my friends backyard. His back yard is basically like a forest, since there's nothing there other than trees all around. Anywho, it was around 11pm when we decided to have this bonfire.
As the fire started, we just chilled and started rambling on about nonsense. About half an hour into the bonfire, 3 of my friends and I saw something white, with red eyes swinging back and forth from branch to branch with a smile just staring at us. None of us said anything, since we didn't want to scare anyone.
At first, I thought I was the only one who saw it until one of my friends suggest that we all go inside. Without putting out the fire, we just left. (Fire wasn't big, so we thought it would just die down on its own.)
About 5 minutes after we were back inside the house, this cop came walking by and was looking at our small bonfire. One of my friends and I decided that we should go talk to him and tell him everything was alright, and that we were coming back out anyways.
The cop just told us to kill the fire, so we did as we were told. As I was putting out the fire, the cop told me to stop and had my friend do the rest. When we finished, we went inside as the cop left. We were talking about it with our friends and they thought everything went great because they all heard my friend laughing out loud as if we were having fun.
Strangely, we weren't laughing at all. And the cop somehow already knew my name as well as my friend without us telling him. (the one who put out the fire with me.)
We thought it was super odd and the fact that we didn't even see the cop car in front of the house when my friends went to go check as my other friend and I were outside.

This story isn't that scary, but it was interesting.. I never want to have another bonfire in the woods again after that happened.

Advertisements