Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590056 times)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3450 on: June 05, 2012, 12:19:06 AM »
I don't fear tat...it's the reason behind it...cuz so many tings about our culture tat scares me..
Jiggle ppl, healing, seeing into ur life.. all sort of stuff.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

population1

« Reply #3451 on: June 07, 2012, 12:44:27 PM »
sometimes when I get bored of all those 'scary' movies and when I run out of ideas to search for scary Asian movies, I come here to read some good old scary Hmong stories.

the topic about the city-bus driver who picked up a ghost? I've heard it long ago, it was told to me and when I rode the yellow bus one day to North End Elementary School, in broad daylight, I saw a fresh track of huge footprints from a fence line to a grave. it started from the fence-line and ended on a grave. like it appeared out of nowhere then ended at the grave. I wasn't at all scared because I was more ready to defend myself from those black kids who'd go around a bully us randomly.

Like this post: +1

sahara

« Reply #3452 on: June 07, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
Reporter, the picture of the baby is just sad and really not scary.  It's very sadden to see death of little babies.  They have so much to live for but yet it's unfortunate that they have to die due to many reasons.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: June 07, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
sometimes when I get bored of all those 'scary' movies and when I run out of ideas to search for scary Asian movies, I come here to read some good old scary Hmong stories.

the topic about the city-bus driver who picked up a ghost? I've heard it long ago, it was told to me and when I rode the yellow bus one day to North End Elementary School, in broad daylight, I saw a fresh track of huge footprints from a fence line to a grave. it started from the fence-line and ended on a grave. like it appeared out of nowhere then ended at the grave. I wasn't at all scared because I was more ready to defend myself from those black kids who'd go around a bully us randomly.
musta been one of those cemty care taker..

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 07, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
Reporter, the picture of the baby is just sad and really not scary.  It's very sadden to see death of little babies.  They have so much to live for but yet it's unfortunate that they have to die due to many reasons.
lol it's a good thing i didn't look @ the photo tat reportor post..

population1

« Reply #3455 on: June 08, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
musta been one of those cemty care taker..

then it must had been one hell of a creepy cemetery caretaker... one that knows how to teleport. it was mysterious, but I have to say it was a phenomena... one that, maybe on that particular day, the faintest energies (sounds, lights, weather, etc. ) formed a concentration of illusion-effect in that patch of area. it was way too early for me like most mornings, maybe it was one of those mondays even. much to my surprise, it wasn't little-foot.

sibaim247

« Reply #3456 on: June 11, 2012, 01:22:42 AM »
lol..not to be mean but I think some of u are bullshittting out of ur ass cause u need attention by making some fake stories..it's sad for the ones who is trying to tell a real one..just shut the duck up and listen if u don't know any stories

QueenK23

« Reply #3457 on: June 12, 2012, 11:52:18 AM »
I don't see why ppl can't make up stories just to entertain us...I mean after all the form isn't called "true ghost stories". Let ppl be creative and just read. If you don't like the story then skip it

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 12, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »

True. It's sad. You think about how they aren't able to have much in life yet and not strong enough to battle anything yet and they die already. that's sad.

But if you think of stories about dead babies sucking nipples on the road or crying in the woods when you are alone, then you don't sympathize with them too much.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 12, 2012, 04:07:47 PM »
I'm a second hand teller.. I remember back in my old job. There was these Hmng ppl I work with.
One day they told me... back in Laos they use to hunting or living in that village and l @ night when they cooking meat there was never enough to eat. Like you know you placed 4 piece of meat there but only 3 piece left. my buddies didn't get it. After a while someone figure it out and told the rest of the group to, not fall a sleep otherwise you're never gonna wake up.. One of them pull out these little Elephant figures and started chanting and all you can hear was cries, thumps in the woods like it was fighting. you name it..
But they told me that, that village had a  PY who was eating their food. and if they fell a sleep it'll come eat the inners..

SuperFly

« Reply #3460 on: June 12, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
First time posting on here and just joined today because my hubby told me to write stories on here (he thinks I'm pro at telling ghost stories).  So I will give it a try...

Grandma Came To Visit

My grandmother had passed away after years of battling an unknown illness.  My family moved down south and brought Grandma along because they believed that the fresh green air will make her better.  Unfortunately, her conditions stayed the same.  My sister and I were visiting our family in Oklahoma after they had first moved there.  When we were about to leave, my father noticed something strange with my grandmother.  She was much paler than before.  So we took her to the hospital. 

My sister and I went back up North while Grandma stayed in the hospital.  The doctor diagnosed Grandma and gave her 3 days to a week to live.  Either she was to be put on a feeding tube and be at a vegetable state for the rest of her life or we can just allow the doctors to pull the plug.  Uncles wanted to pull the plug while my family wanted her to still be alive.  Well, she returned home.  But she became so fragile, weak, and unstable.  It was so hard for us to see her this way.  She could not swallow anything that went into her mouth.  She laid in bed in what seemed like forever.  She basically starved to death. 

Her 3 days came around and when the relatives heard the news that Grandma was going to “go,” they came rushing down from MN to OK just in time to say their last good-byes.  My sister and I were not able to make a second trip to visit her, so we just silently waited.

Three days after the funeral and burial, I went back to work.  It was a really busy week.  There were customers everywhere during the busy lunch hour.  I was working in the bakery at the time.  There was an old white lady that walked up to my counter as I was busy wrapping up bread.  She came over by me and kind of smiled at me.  I didn’t think anything of it because I was so occupied.  I got a good glimpse of her as she was walking away.  And then I realized she was wearing the same green sweater my grandmother always used to wear!  I just kept on working. 

When I got off work, that image of the old white lady wearing my grandmother’s sweater came back into my head.  I found myself calling my dad to tell him that Grandma came to visit me at work that day.  And that she had disguised herself as an old white lady and that she wanted to come visit me, but not to scare me.  My dad just kind of laughed and told me that Grandma just wanted me to know that she’s doing well and that she’s happy.

My grandmother didn’t even know where I worked.  But I guess they’ll always find out where we are when they reach the afterlife.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: June 12, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »
Wow sad story. Did you have any dreams of ur GM visit'n you?..wen my FIL pass on he came to visit me in a dream
 Anyways nice to see new ppl post'n...
Post sum more wen you have time..l

SuperFly

« Reply #3462 on: June 13, 2012, 10:27:10 AM »
No, my Grandma hasn't visited me in my dreams.  I do dream about her every now and then, but in the condition that she was still very sick.  I was her favorite grand-daughter.  She raised me up.  I went with her everywhere when I was younger and used to think she was my mother.
Oh and thanks for the compliment.  Makes me want to write more in here everyday. :)

Hmong Funeral Home

My uncle used to own a funeral home.  There was a Hmong couple that used to clean up the place after hours.  One night they were cleaning, preparing the place for a weekend funeral.  They knew that the hearse (funeral car) had dropped off a coffin earlier that day and they didn't bother to go near the room where they keep the coffin.  It was probably 3am in the morning.  They were trying to hurry up and clean all that they could, going everywhere together as a pair.  They were cleaning the men's bathroom downstairs when the wife needed to use the bathroom.  She asked her husband to go along with her, but he refused.  He told her to just go and make it quick.

She ran upstairs into the women's bathroom and into the last stall.  As soon as she stepped in and locked the door behind her, she heard soft footsteps like someone who wasn't wearing shoes.  She knew it couldn't be her husband, so she kept trying to think of happy thoughts. 

The footsteps stopped at the first stall.  There were three knocks.  The woman was freaking herself out, still trying to think of happy thoughts.  The footsteps moved to the second stall.  There were three more knocks.  The next stall was the last stall.  The woman didn't know what to do, because she knew whomever was knocking was toying with her.  Then she heard the footsteps walking closer to her stall.  She kept refusing to look down, but happens to open her eyes to see two wrinkly old blue-ish feet stopping at the door of her stall.

She shut her eyes tight and pushed open the door and ran as fast as she could out of the bathroom, screaming for her husband as she ran out the door of the funeral home.  He dropped everything in his hands and ran out after her.  That was the last time they would ever clean another funeral home no matter how well the pay was.

Gosh, it sounds so much more scary when told vs written.  Well anyways...

How do I attach a picture onto my post?  I've got an image to show.

sahara

« Reply #3463 on: June 13, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

True. It's sad. You think about how they aren't able to have much in life yet and not strong enough to battle anything yet and they die already. that's sad.

But if you think of stories about dead babies sucking nipples on the road or crying in the woods when you are alone, then you don't sympathize with them too much.

Now those are the scary ones.

SuperFly

« Reply #3464 on: June 13, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »
The funeral home brought a lot of "creepy" things to the neighborhood, so the city purchased the land it was on and tore it down.  But when my uncle decided that he wanted to sell it to the city; he asked my dad to go with him to take final pictures of the funeral home.  I went along with my parents because I knew I was going to miss the Hmong Funeral Home I spent so much time running around in as a child.  I took my sister's digital camera and took pictures of the hallway, seating room, kitchen (most creepiest), downstairs where the men would eat, dining room where the men played poker and cards, and then pictures of the funeral from the outside of the building. 

After we took the photos, we went to a nearby Cambodian restaurant for lunch.  I was joking around with my parents that I actually took a picture with a ghost in it.  So I was skimming through the pictures and saw nothing until I got to the very last picture.  It was of the building we took from the outside parking lot.

Like this post: +1

Advertisements