Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590380 times)

HmongLee

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3480 on: June 23, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
Speaking of footsteps...

Has anyone had the experience where you'd go to sleep at night and wake up in the middle of the night hearing footsteps going up and down the stairs?

So I have a pretty big Hmong family and you'd assume with so many people in the household, there shouldn't be so many scary things going on.  Growing up, my siblings and I always listened to Grandpa and our parents tell us ghost stories.  My brothers and I always wanted to catch ourselves a ghost or some sort of monster.  We wanted to be little ghost hunters and we'd always barge into our Grandpa's bedroom right after our Grandma's seen a ghost or whenever Grandpa was "squashed."

My sister and I shared a room downstairs.  The house was a duplex where the basement used to be rented off to other families, but because my family kept expanding, my parents decided to stop renting it off to people.  So there were stairs that led from the upstairs to the basement.  The stairs led to my room.  And to get to the other rooms downstairs, everyone would have to go through my room.

It all started when my oldest brother would come home at around midnight after he "moog ua laib".  Everyone would be sound asleep by 1am.  But for some reason, I would always wake up at around 3-4am hearing footsteps walking down the stairs.  They were not quiet either.  It was as though that someone was wearing heavy, steel-toed boots.  No one in my family owned those kind of boots.  That thing would take about 6-8 steps down the stairs towards my bedroom, not even finishing off the stairs and then all of a sudden end up upstairs in the living room in an instant.  I'd be wide awake, chilled to the bones, listening intently to the sound of those heavy footsteps.  I'd scare myself shitless and then fall asleep.  When I woke up again, it would be morning.

I'd ask my sister if she heard the footsteps and she would say that maybe I was thinking too much about ghost stories as to why I was hearing footsteps at such an odd hour.  So night after night, I'd hear the same thing.  I was the only one hearing it.  And again, the footsteps would stop at the foot of my door and then end up upstairs again, walking around in the living room.  I was afraid I would hear my doorknob creaking or that my door would just swing open (but it was always locked).

The footsteps always seemed to go downstairs and then stop.  It never walked back upstairs.

One night my sister and I went to bed a little later at around 2am.  And soon enough both of us heard the heavy footsteps walking down the stairs again.  And I had SOOOOOOO told her.  So the next morning, we told everyone.  I think my grandfather did a little saib yaig and made whatever that creepy thing was go away for good.

So glad I don't hear those heavy footsteps anymore.
so r u a light sleeper? and lucky you locked ur door because you will be outta breath!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: June 23, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »
Wow, new story..lol
And wow tat was like almost from a scary asia horror flick.
Image tat door swung open and you see a gashly no eyes face smiling @ you..

Like this post: +1

SuperFly

« Reply #3482 on: June 25, 2012, 08:57:39 AM »
Yup HmongLee, I am a light sleeper.  I wake up to every small sound and can never fall asleep to people snoring.  :2funny:

This is a story my Hubby told me a while back.
In Green Bay, there's a funeral home that Hmong people always used to rent from white people.  There was a white guy who was a reporter.  He thought that he wanted to capture some footage of a Hmong funeral, because no one on the outside knows how the Hmong funeral ceremonies are done.  He thought that it would make a great story.

It was a Thursday night and he had permission from the family and from the owner of the funeral to set his cameras where he wanted them to be able to shoot the next morning.  After he was done with the set up, he called it a night.

Well, when the reporter got home, he had forgotten something important that he didn't do.  It was not that late, and he assumed that the Hmong family would still be there preparing the deceased for the next day.  As he was driving there, he called the funeral home, hoping to catch someone.  The phone rang and rang.  No answer.  He was getting upset at himself for forgetting that one thing.  He was not going to wait until tomorrow.  He dialed the number again.  And got the same thing.  The phone just kept ringing over and over again. 

It was going to be a trip wasted, because when he got there, there were no cars in the parking lot; all except for one.  He assumed it belonged to the owner.  He called from his cell phone again, walking about the premises of the funeral home.  He could clearly hear the phone ringing from the office.  Still, there was no answer.  One last try, finally the phone was picked up, except now no one was talking.  All he could hear was a clear, soft static as though the phone was disconnected.  "Hello?  Hello?!"  He screamed into his cell phone.  "I know you can hear me, please I just need someone to turn off my camera.  Please, unlock the front door for me.  HELLO?!?!?!"  He hangs up the phone and walks away, thinking to himself why no one spoke to him from the other line.  He decided that he could just come in early tomorrow and recharge the battery before the rituals began.

The next morning, he got up early and went back to the funeral home.  The same car was there from the night before as well as some other cars.  He went inside and when he got to the camera, it was already turned off.  The battery was halfway.  So now he was thinking to himself why he was going paranoid when he knew all along that he shut off his camera before he left the building last night.  He grabbed the charger and started to recharge the battery.  He looked through the camera and it looked like it was filming a good couple of hours.  He rewound it a little bit and played it.  He could clearly hear the phone ringing.  He was laughing at himself.  No one was in the building at all.  He fast-forwarded it.  He played it again and he could hear the phone ringing again.  But this time, to his disbelief, the camera recorded what he could not explain to anyone.  With the camera angled directly towards the coffin.  The door of the coffin opened up, arms reached out, opening the bottom door.  The deceased person from the coffin got up and out of its coffin, walked right past the camera, opened the door to the office and picked up the phone.  He heard himself screaming from the other line as he had done before.  And then he hung up the phone.  The dead person walked back towards the seating room, straight to the camera and turned it off.  The reporter was so taken back by this that he dropped his camera.  It echoed across the room and the people that were there all stared at him.  He was so shaky, he almost could not keep himself together as one of the family members asked him what was wrong.  The reporter showed the family the footage of what he had captured.  The family had the same expressions on their faces.  The Hmong man said to the reporter, "This is why we do not like other people recording our funerals.  It is disrespectful to them."

The reporter took all his cameras and packed all his bags.  He shook hands with the family and took off.  They said that he was so scared he refused to film the ceremony.  Because what he filmed was already enough.

yajmafia

« Reply #3483 on: June 25, 2012, 10:03:35 AM »
 :o

MovKuam

« Reply #3484 on: June 25, 2012, 11:00:10 AM »
If a dead person able to wake up answer the phone and turn of the camera. Is that person
really dead. Can ghost really be a ghost or just another life form of itself since it can touch
and feel like human does. Perhaps it can scare other creatures just like human can.

MovKuam

« Reply #3485 on: June 25, 2012, 12:37:32 PM »

I'm surprise that I have not heard of this story as I do know a few people from GB. ???  But the story of funeral that I heard was that there was two guys left in the mutuary..when it was late and the coffin was rolling up and down

I saw two ghosts in there, can I drop a rare coin on them them. ;)

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: June 26, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »
There are many stories about the dead coming back to you know what. But to record it on tape is a rear chance. I wonder if that clip ever made it out to the public. That is also why many ppl do not like
to stay @ the place or go to the bathroom alone.

I heard strange stuff around the Dale St. Funeral Home.
I was told this by a good friend of mine. Long time ago. I wasn't sure if I wanted to tell this story.
And since we are heard reading about funeral homes..
This happened many years ago, this hmng dude took his son to the funeral home and stayed there a long time. It was getting dark and some how he left his kid there and went home. Now I have no idea why the funeral wasn't open 24 hrs. I think it was a church one. But not sure.

Anyways he got home and  he remember that he forgot his son. So he drove all the way back to the funeral home. Everyone had left the place. No car was in sight. (I guess he went home for a long while before noticing that he forgot his son). And when he got there his son was outside the funeral. He was like WTF..

So he asked his son as to how he got out.

His son said " I was tire and had fallen a sleep and when he woke up no one was around, and he tried to open the doors but it was lock. And i started screaming and cry"n Then this old hmng lady came up to me and opened the door for me". Not sure if it was the old hmng lady that was dead, and I'm not gonna add words to a story if it was not true. But if I have time I'll try to ask my buddy if he remember the story.

yajmafia

« Reply #3487 on: June 27, 2012, 06:25:05 AM »
Yeah.. I've heard some crazy things about that place.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: June 27, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »
Plz do tell?..what else do you know of that place.

population1

« Reply #3489 on: June 27, 2012, 11:19:41 AM »
a lot of funeral ghost stories. how about church ghost stories? I've heard back in the late 80's to early 90's when there were groups of hmong ppl who'd converted to christianity would attend their church-goings and they would all be so psyched up and go trance-like that other bystanders have witnessed some of them weeping with a huge lizard-like tongue sticking out. then a couple other stories where church goers would witness two dangling feet from the sky of a women when it was a cloudy/groggy day. I've kind of thought the former story is the making of a 'reptilian' and the latter is a 'sign'. I don't believe in it really, but it was common talks in the hmong communities, then.

oh yea, and, some church-goers, then, have stories of 2-3ft high phantoms following them their homes; and would knock on their doors very late at night, which happened most often during the winter season...

all those stories heard occurred in st. paul, btw.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 11:24:34 AM by population1 »

Visionary

« Reply #3490 on: June 27, 2012, 02:00:10 PM »
A scary story from youtube.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: June 27, 2012, 02:47:57 PM »
You N me both lol

dogtags3154

« Reply #3492 on: June 27, 2012, 03:04:34 PM »

I didn't get spooked by this stroy. But of course, I wasn't there to witness the going ons. But then again...I have experienced many paranormal and supernatural things myself. Both visual and audible.

HmongLee

« Reply #3493 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »

shyt! im scared luss dont know wats in there!

Miss8)

« Reply #3494 on: June 29, 2012, 05:53:31 PM »
a lot of funeral ghost stories. how about church ghost stories? I've heard back in the late 80's to early 90's when there were groups of hmong ppl who'd converted to christianity would attend their church-goings and they would all be so psyched up and go trance-like that other bystanders have witnessed some of them weeping with a huge lizard-like tongue sticking out. then a couple other stories where church goers would witness two dangling feet from the sky of a women when it was a cloudy/groggy day. I've kind of thought the former story is the making of a 'reptilian' and the latter is a 'sign'. I don't believe in it really, but it was common talks in the hmong communities, then.

oh yea, and, some church-goers, then, have stories of 2-3ft high phantoms following them their homes; and would knock on their doors very late at night, which happened most often during the winter season...

all those stories heard occurred in st. paul, btw.

I have never heard of any of these "3-4 feet phantoms!" I am Christian and I live by st. Paul!

Advertisements