Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590137 times)

yuknowthat

Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3585 on: July 23, 2012, 02:44:48 PM »
Nplawm Ntxa

I believe that is what it is called in Hmong.  Nplawm means to hit.  Ntxa means gravestone.  Together it literally means "hit a gravestone."  It sounds like a creepy thing to do, but apparently it happens from time to time when a Hmong person does not want to live anymore.

My uncle passed away several months ago.  If you scroll up you can read about his scary ass funeral.  It was the creepiest funeral I've ever witnessed that's for sure.  Anyways, I forgot to mention that several months before the man died, he did something very, very odd.  He went to the grave of his first wife.  He found a stick nearby.  And he hit her gravestone calling for her to come take him since he no longer wanted to live. 

After doing this, he began having horrible nightmares, waking visions and even seeing things in his home.  He said one morning when my aunt (his second wife) went to work, he was laying in bed.  He saw the spector of a man on a big red horse ride into his bed room.  The man took off a backpack and his coat and hung it on the bedroom wall.  Then two beautiful women walked in and joined him on the bed.  The women began to touch him.  But as soon as they did so, they turned hideous looking.  One day, my uncle and aunt came home and found there whole house smelled like poop.  My uncle accused my aunt of farting.  LOL  ;D I always thought that was funny.  But she didn't think it was funny.  She was scared.  So was he to be honest. 

Soon after, the man began coughing up blood.  He refused to see a doctor.  And suddenly 3 months later, he was rushed to ER because he couldn't breath after taking a drag from a cigarette.  The doctor said in all of his years of practicing medicine he had never seen anything like it.  He said my poor uncle was basically a walking tumor and didn't understand how he was able to last as long as he did.  During his stay in the hospital, it was night and day literally.  He spent his days asleep and unable to talk.  Then he spent his nights flipping out and screaming about black demons climbing on him.  It was only when they gave him enough morphine to knock out an elephant did he sleep through the nights.  Soon though he slipped into a coma then passed away. 

I wonder if it was all a coincidence sometimes.  Would he have died anyways or did his actions of hitting my dead aunt's gravestone speed things up?  The elders in my family say that back in Laos old people did it quite a bit and in every single case, they ended up dying soon after.  Interesting.
this is true, not a superstition.. doesn't matter where you live in there world, no matter how mad you are or sad, NEVER nplawm ntxa or hu anything from the cemetary to take you, even though you dearly missed them and loved them. Once they're dead, they're not the same.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Republic

« Reply #3586 on: July 23, 2012, 08:49:25 PM »
Republic, i was reading back a few pages and the story regarding your mom's cousin who went hunting with your dad, i think that since he carried the batteries, i think maybe the spirit energy used it. like, when i watch all those ghost hunter shows they always say that spirits use energy to manifest themselves to us. just something i thought about.

You know what, that whole episode with my mom's cousin happened a couple of years BEFORE all of those ghost hunting shows.  Then one day when I was watching Ghost Hunters on SyFy and that happened, it hit me, maybe there is something to that theory that spirits have to drain some energy source to be able to manifest itself. 

The other thing that led me to that conclusion was something my brother's brother-in-law said.  He said that when he was possessed and these demonic entities were messing with him, they would shock him.  Then the demonic entities would play with electrical items in his bedroom as he laid on the bed.  His alarm clock would act crazy with the numbers flittering up and down and the clock radio changing channels by itself.  He said the lights would also flicker. 

yayableu

« Reply #3587 on: July 30, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
i have a grandpa who went to do shaman at a relative's house. he swiped each room through when he jumped into them and jumped throughout the house. later that night he felt two little ghosts (don't know how to write 'paw txhong' in hmong!) jumping on him in the bed. they came to him in his dreams and said, 'have you thought you got rid of us? we were hiding in the chicken coop when you were jumping in the house." scary! eventually he got sicker and sicker by the day and passed away. so now chicken coops sound no bueno to me.

i remember a story... a guy passed away and the family decided to wait a week or two before doing his funeral. so during the waiting period the man's body was left at the funeral home. every night the family will get a call and then it'll hang up when someone answers its. it kept happening so they asked the operator to trace it. she traced it to the funeral home. they were spooked and dumbfounded at the same time. finally when it happened again, i think the son or wife answered the phone and a voice whispered, 'i'm cold'. imagine that said in hmong! eek!!! they believed it was the person that had passed.

eeek!!!! i'm scaring myself! no tres bien!

Like this post: +1

dthoj

Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3588 on: August 08, 2012, 02:23:12 PM »
Story 3
My husband and I use to own a cleaning business about 4 years ago. We had about 5 different companies that we had to clean every week. All the buildings consist of a bus station, food corp., a daycare, a warehouse and an indoor sports arena. The nice part of it was that there were Hmong people that wanted to make extra money on the side so we gave some buildings for them to clean. I’ve heard a lot of strange stories regarding some of the companies but thankfully had never experienced anything too scary where. Note when I say the word owned… it does not me I own the companies but had a company contract with it and the fact that we clean their place.

The Daycare
My husband and I only clean the daycare and 2 other companies Monday through Friday. The daycare’s not as big with about 10 rooms (2 offices and 8 classrooms), and usually closes by 5:30 pm so we start cleaning by 6pm. One Friday night we didn’t get there until 9 at night because we decided to clean the one close to home first. I was in the front wiping the counters while my husband was mopping the floors. It was dead quiet…no noises except from me and my husband.  All of a sudden I heard voices coming from the back of the daycare. It wasn’t an adult’s voice…it sounded like a child talking or playing around. I brushed it off thinking that maybe it might have been some people walking past the daycare. My husband walked up to me and asked if I heard anything because when he was moping one of the rooms in the back, he heard a little voice coming from the room next to it. (The 2 classrooms in the back had a bathroom for the kids in the middle which connects the two rooms together.  The restroom has 2 waist length doors for each room to get into the restroom.) My heart started to beat faster than usual. I’m a person that loves horror movies but when it comes to the real thing, I’m scared as f**k.  I told him that I did and that we should come back tomorrow morning to finish. He told me that we’re almost done so for us to keep going, so I followed him instead of wondering on my own. After that incident, we had my cousins help us clean the place and played music so our minds wouldn’t wonder. I know this might not be as scary but this was my first time ever experiencing anything unexplainable in my whole life.

The RTD Maintenance Station
This company takes care of training, maintenance and repair on RTD buses. There are 3 houses on top of the hill where training takes place for the bus drivers. Down the hill, there’s a break room and 2 maintenance garage. The break room and garage always had employees working, but for the 3 houses…it’s empty and dark by the time we get there. The first 2 houses are pretty small. The first house has a tiny kitchen, 3 offices, a bathroom and a very small basement (not as scary). The second house has 2 offices, a bathroom and a big training room (not scary at all). The third house is the creepiest house out of the 3. There were moments where creepy things had happen where you can’t explain how it could have happened. Also…just to let you know, these houses were actual small brick houses that were turned into company offices and training rooms.
Before my husband, my father in-law and I started cleaning this place, we had a Hmong Xiong couple that cleaned the place for about 5 months. A month before they quit, I was talking to one of my auntie about our cleaning business. She asked me what kind of companies we owned (meaning did we clean)…I told her all the ones we owned and how big some of them were. She then asked me if I had ever cleaned the bus station before or have I ever been there before. I told her no because I had someone else cleaning it. She went on telling me that before I owned the bus station, this African American guy use to own it. He had employed my auntie and 4 other people to help clean the bus station with him and his wife. My auntie told me that when she first set foot into the 3rd house she felt ok, but once she came close to the basement….she felt nervous. She cleaned that place for 3 weeks until she quit because she was needed at home to babysit her grandson. The whole time she was there, she felt a presence there and kept smelling a really bad stench coming from the basement. I was surprised but felt ok since I didn’t have to be there.
One day the Xiong couple told my father in-law that they were going to stop cleaning the bus station because it was consuming their free time. We were fine with that and were very grateful that they took the time to help us out with the cleaning. (They were cleaning another company for us at the time too) Later that night my husband and father in-law joined them on their last night at the bus station to get to know where everything was located. It was on an autumn night so it got dark quicker than in the summer time. Once that night ended they headed to where I was and pick me up to go home. In the car ride, my father in-law told us that the Xiong couple told him something disturbing the happened to the husband.
One night when they were cleaning the 3rd house, the husband went down stairs to vacuum the basement while the wife was still upstairs cleaning the bathroom. While he was making his way in the hallway he noticed a woman in one of the office. He turned off the vacuum cleaner to greet the woman, but the woman did not say a word. The woman was standing with her back towards him and was swaying from side to side. When the woman didn’t answer him, his hair on his arm and back stood up. He quickly unplugged the vacuum and jetted up the stairs. He told my father in-law that the room he saw her was a room with a gate instead of a door.
Once we started cleaning the place, I finally got to see how the basement was structured. To turn on the lights, you had to walk across the room…in the DARK. There was a room that instead of a door, it had a metal gate that was always locked. In that room, there were a bunch of boxes and filing cabinets.
We cleaned that place for about a year ½ until our contract ended, and during those times we cleaned that place, things had happened. Around winter, my husband and I had a friend and his wife help us clean the place. When we got to the 3rd house, we weren’t able to open the door. Every time you push the door to open, it felt like someone from the inside was pushing back at you. Another time we decided to clean the break room and garage first then the 3 houses. When we drove back up the hill, we noticed that the door was wide open. We told each other that it couldn’t have been an employee because it was pitch black in there. One day we went early to go clean.  A woman was still working at the time so she ended up starting a conversation with me. She told me that one night when she was working late by herself, (before we started cleaning the place) she kept hearing footsteps. She thought that it might have been the pervious cleaners coming back because they left some keys in the restroom. She opened her door to a pitch black lobby (basically the living room). She freaked out and closed. She thought to herself that maybe if the cleaners were to come back then she would leave with them. The whole time she kept hearing footsteps as if someone was dragging their feet on the floor. All of a sudden she saw head lights turning in. the cleaners came knocking at the door so she jetted towards the door to let them in. they asked her if she was leaving because the lights were off so she replied yes.
 I would like to tell you more but then it might be too long so this is the end of this story

The Food Corp (not the real name)
So by far this is the biggest company we’ve ever cleaned. It has 3 floors, the 3rd floor has about 15+ offices and cubicles and a break room, 2nd floor has 3 offices and the 1st floor has a break room, a restroom and a warehouse. The 1st and 2nd floor isn’t as scary since there are people working 2nd and 3rd shift. As for the 3rd floor, it’s pretty creepy since everyone is off work be the time we get there.  To understand the story, I have to explain the structure of the company to not confuse you readers.
When you first enter the company, you go through a sliding door into a square shape room. On your left is a door to the custodians’ closet, in front of you to the left is the door into the warehouse and to the front right is an elevator to the 3rd floor only. Once you get on the 3rd floor, you see a lobby in front of you. When you turn to the right, you see the front desk (that’s where I get all the good candies lol). To the right of the front desk (when you face it) is a very long hallway that splits into 2 parallel hallways with cubicles in the middle and offices on the sides. There’s a restroom across the front desk behind the elevator.  This restroom is supposedly haunted by a male ghost. I personally have not witnessed anything.
Okay back to the story….so that night my husband and I decided to take my parents and siblings with us to clean (sister 18 yrs old, brother 14 yrs old). Before we left to the company, I told my husband that we would not tell my family that the place is haunted until after. My dad and husband started vacuuming while my brother grabbed all the trash. My mom, sister and I were the ones cleaning the restrooms. My sister was using the restroom up front by herself as we all took off in different directions. While she was in there doing her business, she heard someone open the door. She called my name twice but no one answered. At first she didn’t think anything of it and kept to herself. Then it happened again so she got scared and left towards where we were. After that my brother got lost looking for us and ended up in the front. He looked around but didn’t see anyone so he walked towards the break room. He had this intense feeling but kept calm.
Once we were done we went down to the main entrance. For some odd reason the sliding door kept opening and closing. When my husband gets close to it…it would act normal, but when he gets back to the car, it would go crazy again. I told him to forget it and that we’ll just let the night supervisor know what’s going on. Once we left was when I told my family that this place was supposedly haunted but yet to see or hear anything. My sister and brother got so freaked and told us what had happened to them. Ever since then, they still get the chills just thinking about what had happened to them.

It might just be me but I have this saying that I would say to myself to keep myself from thinking that I will someday see a ghosts. It might not be true but I make myself believe it lol. I say to myself that if I’m a person that has never seen a ghost then I will never do because I’m not the types that are very sensitive towards ghosts. When I mean Sensitive, I mean six senses or clairvoyant. It somewhat works when we use to have that cleaning business because during those times....I have yet to see one and hope to never see one…why…because I’m a chicken. lol

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:25:19 PM by dthoj »

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #3589 on: August 09, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »
dthoj,
I know how you feel. Trust me. TRUST ME.  I KNOW HOW IT FEELS.  If you ever been to Hmong American Friendship in MIlwaukee, WI.  That place is a scary.  It's only scary if you go into the basement because the bathrooms are in the basement and the lighting sucks.  The lighting only clear about 5 feet in radius and any space beyong that is dark.  Once time I was in the basement doing some work because I was employed at the time and it was just me down in the basement.  This is the same basement where people claimed to have heard hmong drums being played because it was where they taught drums class to be played at the funeral.  Also this is the same place where the qeej instructor closed up and saw a little poj girl.  So i was down there all alone and the light was dimmed.  Dang I was so scared.  I kept on starring at the open hole on the wall.  I starred at every dark corner and was afriad because I was thinking about the possibility.  I did my work quick and ran up stairs.  My butt was tickliing, my hair was sticking up.  Also no one in the work place dares to go there alone because it's in the basment.  It's gotten so bad that they make a bathroom up stairs.  Now it is safer. 

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: August 09, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
Wow so many new stories, i havn't been in here for a while. But i'll attemp to catch with these many stories..keep it comming.

Havocrazy

« Reply #3591 on: August 10, 2012, 11:28:13 PM »
This story took place just a few months back this year here in NC. A 14 year old Hmong boy stole one of his uncle and aunty's car and crashed it. His parents and everybody else was lecturing him about not being able to get his license and a good possibility of jail time plus money wise. Afterward he went missing for two straight day. Someone finally spotted him hanging from the tip of a tree on the side of a main HWY. The strange things about him hanging himself was, the rope is tied to the very tip branch of the tree. The tree's top was bend over like a fishing pole with the boy hanging from it. Investigators don't even know how he got himself so high up on a tree top like that to hang himself. The night during a night watch at his parents' house around his funeral time, men are playing cards chatting, women gossiping, kids folding boats and playing around when all of a sudden everybody witness him walking into the house through the front door into the living room and just walked casually into his room. Everybody scattered outside. His parents said a few weeks before he stole his uncle and aunty's car he was acting weird, saying he doesn't want to go to school or college or do anything because he's leaving and he's not coming back. More to come, still trying to find more details about this story.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: August 10, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
WTF.. no shyt'n..the dude just walk in like tat. n everyone ran to the outside.. wow. Make me tink'n twice wen i go do tat night watch'n stuff..lol everyone ran outside...for real...did anybody go check the room he walk in..?

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #3593 on: August 11, 2012, 01:27:17 PM »
need more info on your story...

Republic

« Reply #3594 on: August 11, 2012, 06:13:36 PM »
This story took place just a few months back this year here in NC. A 14 year old Hmong boy stole one of his uncle and aunty's car and crashed it. His parents and everybody else was lecturing him about not being able to get his license and a good possibility of jail time plus money wise. Afterward he went missing for two straight day. Someone finally spotted him hanging from the tip of a tree on the side of a main HWY. The strange things about him hanging himself was, the rope is tied to the very tip branch of the tree. The tree's top was bend over like a fishing pole with the boy hanging from it. Investigators don't even know how he got himself so high up on a tree top like that to hang himself. The night during a night watch at his parents' house around his funeral time, men are playing cards chatting, women gossiping, kids folding boats and playing around when all of a sudden everybody witness him walking into the house through the front door into the living room and just walked casually into his room. Everybody scattered outside. His parents said a few weeks before he stole his uncle and aunty's car he was acting weird, saying he doesn't want to go to school or college or do anything because he's leaving and he's not coming back. More to come, still trying to find more details about this story.

Man that's messed up.  I want more details when you get them please!  What town?  My in-laws live in Hickory.

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: August 14, 2012, 01:49:26 PM »
A hmong gave a personal testimony about dab tsim txom nws lub neej and how he got away..

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

yayableu

« Reply #3596 on: August 15, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »
Havocrazy, i live in NC, don't scare me!!!!!!! but some how curiosity always succeed in killing the cat, let us know more!

and, him walking into the house.... eek!!!! how do i say this, when i have relatives that passed away, i'm not scared of them in a negative way. like, i feel that the ones you love and the ones that love you don't intentionally want to scare you. you know what i mean???

something i want to share that can sorta relate to that... when three of my loved ones passed away, naturally my heart was broken. i constantly think of them, their voices, the way the say my name, times we laughed together, the love and warmth that we have for each other. i felt so sad, so heart broken. then.... either it's human nature or its spiritual energy... i'll have nightmares of them. or scary thoughts pop in my head of them doing something scary to me. i told this to my mom and she told me a reason that i believe with all my heart. our passed love ones don't want us to live in sadness, to mourn them so long that we forget to smile or live happily. they still love us and want us to be happy. so they do things (like scare you) away from moping on their departure. you guys understand what i'm saying??? i believe this with all my heart. when my uncle passed away, a big part of my heart was dented, he was like a father to me. i think about him all the time. he was my father's best friend, my father was so sad. then one day as i was going downstairs towards the laundry, the image of him standing there looking at me scared me. i realized that he doesn't want me to be sad anymore and that i must live on strong so that he can rest in peace.

wtf

« Reply #3597 on: August 15, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
THERE IS A PARK IN HIGHLANDPARK ST.PAUL THAT IS HAUNTED.... ITS CALLED BANCROFT PARK OVER BY W.7TH ST.. I VE SEEN IT TWICE... SO IF YA WANNA SEE A LITTLE WHITE GHOST GIRL GO THERE AROUND 2-3 AM AND I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE U THAT U WILL SEE IT EITHER SWINGING OR AROUND THE MARRY GO ROUND.. DONT BELIEVE ME.... THEN DO WAT I SAY GO THERE AROUND DEAD TIME 2-3 AM AND U WILL BE SCHOKED... GO THERE DRUNK OR HIGH AND U WILL DOUBLE UR CHANCES OF SEEING IT...

MovKuam

« Reply #3598 on: August 15, 2012, 01:00:56 PM »
THERE IS A PARK IN HIGHLANDPARK ST.PAUL THAT IS HAUNTED.... ITS CALLED BANCROFT PARK OVER BY W.7TH ST.. I VE SEEN IT TWICE... SO IF YA WANNA SEE A LITTLE WHITE GHOST GIRL GO THERE AROUND 2-3 AM AND I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE U THAT U WILL SEE IT EITHER SWINGING OR AROUND THE MARRY GO ROUND.. DONT BELIEVE ME.... THEN DO WAT I SAY GO THERE AROUND DEAD TIME 2-3 AM AND U WILL BE SCHOKED... GO THERE DRUNK OR HIGH AND U WILL DOUBLE UR CHANCES OF SEEING IT...

There's no Bancroft Park exited on W 7th St in St Paul, did you mean Homecroft Park on Edgcumbe Rd and Sheridan Ave. And there's no merry go round in that tot lot.

wtf

« Reply #3599 on: August 15, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »
MY BADD YES HOMECROFT HOMIE... HERES THE STORY ME AND A FEW OF MY CUZINS WERE DRINKING AT CHAMPS LIKE 8 YEARS AGO . MY CUZ LIVES OVER BY THE RIVER ON CLEVELAND AVE. WE WERE BUZZED .. IT WAS ABOUT 1AM OR 2 ALL OF A SUDDEN WE GET TO HOMECROFT PARK AND BACK THEN THERE WAS A MARRY GO ROUND.. ANYWAYS WE DRIVING NEXT TO THE PARK AND MY CUZIN WAS LIKE YOOO LOOK THERES A LITTLE WHITE GIRL IN THE PLAYGROUND.. I LOOKED AND TO MY SURPRISE THERE WAS A WHITE GIRL ABOUT 10YRS OLD SWINGING ON THE SWING.. I WAS LIKE  WAT THE FU%%... SPED UP DROPPED MY CUZIN OFF AND WAS LIKE HELL NOOO.. ABOUT TWO WEEKS LATER AFETR THAT INCIDENT WE WERE DROOPING MY CUZ OFF AGIAN AND WAS LIKE HEY LETS JUS TAKE A PEAK REAL QUICK AS WE DROVE BY IT AND TO OUR SURPRISE THERE SHE WAS AGIAN BUT THIS TIME SHE WAS ON THE MARRY GO ROUND AND THE FUNNY THING WAS THE MARRY GO ROUND WAS GOING AROUND AND ROUND AND SHE WAS GLOWING WHITE JUS IN ONE PLACE FLOATING WHILE IT WAS SPINNING..I WAS LIKE OK WE AINT GONNA TAKE THIS ROUTE ANY MORE AT NITE AFTER THAT INCIDENT.. SO YEAH THAST ONE OF MY STORIES.... BY THE WAY IVE TALKED TO A FEW OTHER PEOPLE AND THEY SEEN IT TOOO

Advertisements