Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590150 times)

SillieGoose

Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3750 on: March 26, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »

My uncle told me about an incident which occurred with his friends a long time ago. I believe it may be in the early 2000s or late 1990s. This fishing incident occurred in Sacramento somewhere by the Sacramento River or one of those canals that feed off of the river.

My uncle stated that his friends, approximately about 8 or 10 guys, went fishing in one of those canals which diverged off the Sacramento River to feed the farms. They spent the whole day by this muddy bank which remained isolated off the main roads. The only access to this canal is a  two lane pavement road which runs alongside the bank of the river. The road situates about a good 10 feet off of the river. The climb down to the bank may be about a 45 degree angle. This area is rather calm and silent. You can hear the fish jump, the birds chirp, and the sounds of countless insects. Furthermore, the bank of this canal has a lot of underbrush growth and small trees. The main road has trees on both sides which grew up to more than 15 feet high. As a result of this, this area remains rather shaded from the sun.

My uncle's group of friends had a good catch after spending the whole day in the area. It was about 10PM when the group decided to head back. By this time, the full moon was already making its way across the sky. With a full moon glaring onto the area, everything was dimly lit. As the group was following the dirt trail back towards the main road, they had to push aside large bushes. These bushes were overgrown and had cover the dirt path. They were carrying their load of fishes, numerous tackle boxes, and loads of other fishing supplies. Being so focused on getting home, they apparently did not notice their surrounding much. There were these bushes which had a little clearing within the middle of the path. As they brushed aside the branches, they saw an old Hmong lady sitting on one of those Hmong bamboo chairs sewing in the middle of the path. She was sewing what seemed to be a piece of traditional Hmong cloth. With her eyes fixed on her sewing, she greeted the group as they came into view. She said "Nej tuaj los cov tub? Nej mus dab tsi os?". The friend in the lead replied quickly "Peb mus tsev os Niam Tais". As the last guy left the little clearing, they all thought about what happened for the next two seconds. Once reality hit the group, they began to toss their stuff on the ground and took off as fast as they could towards their van by the road. When everybody got inside, they drove off as quickly as they could and began to speculate on what just happened. They concluded that it was rather odd that an old Hmong lady would be sewing and sitting on a traditional bamboo chair in the middle of a clearing located in the middle of nowhere.

I do not know what happened aftewards as this was all that was told to me. 

Anything in Hmong clothes, if not during the HNY, will creep me out, make my skin crawl and probably paralyze me.  Oh and babies.  Somethings I just can't handle. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

savang916

« Reply #3751 on: March 27, 2013, 04:29:33 PM »
ahhhh......... .haven't had time to check this site...too busy with two jobs and now theres a bunch of new stories...... anyways back to where i was at if you saw some of my posts.

First off my whole family has had some encounter one way or the other, some had alot some have one or two, I'll start with my siblings that involved me.
       As we siblings were growing up in this old stone house of ours, it was very solid but the house itself was always cold even in the summer, im talking about the walls, floors and windows not the air inside and around lol. I remember one summer night when I was about 7 or 8 years old I was laying down on the cold tiles on the floor in front of my bedroom door because it was too hot, as always my chubby brother was up playing Super Nintendo O0 in our room with one of my younger sister and my older sister on the kitchen floor talking on the phone with the lights off. Everyone else was asleep with only the light in my room shinning to the kitchen hallway. As I was laying on the tiles to cool off I see my older sister run and jump over me and fell onto my bed covering herself with my blanket so i get up and walk in to see why. My chubby brother asked "What's wrong? Why in the hell you run in like that?" she tell us she just saw a shadow of a man that crawled out of the fireplace and walk into the livingroom.
        My brother gets up and goes into and around the living room into the kitchen down its hallway into our room again and said he didn't see anything. So he just start playing his game while I was looking out the door for what little light from our room was showing in the kitchen hallway and I see an outline of a tall man standing in the kitchen. It looked like the outline of president Abraham Lincoln, not sure what I was really seeing so I asked my older sister while still looking at it "Does that guy look kind of like president Abraham Lincoln?" right then from the side of my eyes i see her eyes open wide and said "How did you know?" I told her because I see him right now in the kitchen where you were talking on the phone and it looks like he slowly moving towards us. My brother gets freaked out and slams the door shut. That night we all stayed up as long as we can until sleep finally came over us. Ever snice then my older sister made my mom go out and buy a really long line so she could talk on the phone in my room.

Just wait still have a whole life time of scary stuff I have encounter and I'm only 28 and seen more than the average Hmong. :o

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:35:06 PM by savang916 »

SillieGoose

« Reply #3752 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52:29 PM »
They.just restructured the office. It's bad. They encased me in a room surrounded by 6 feet cubicle walls and I'm sitting in a corner facing the wall. It's very bad.  I'm going to go buy a mirror and some flowers.  The guy sitting next to me has his Buddha too.  Bad idea to have that Buddha in the office.  I've never been scared, but now I am.  I don't feel good about it at all.  Anyways, if anything happens I will be sure to let you know. 

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: April 02, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
SillieGoose, mayn you got guts to put up with those noise. I'll be running  when i hear the 1st boom/thump. YiKEs .

Like this post: +1

SillieGoose

« Reply #3754 on: April 08, 2013, 02:09:46 AM »
SillieGoose, mayn you got guts to put up with those noise. I'll be running  when i hear the 1st boom/thump. YiKEs .

This past Friday, my co-workers were talking about coming in to work Saturday.  I told them the about the footsteps walking above in the air vents, and they changed their minds.  One of them got so scared, she was thinking about quitting. Lol! 

I told her they mean no harm.  They just want us out of the building after a certain hour. 

I'm not scared when I'm experiencing strange occurances.  When I'm away and reflecting, where I put myself outside of the building and look at it in my mind, then I feel scared.  My senses heighten up and I can sense they don't want me to enter.  They want me to be frighten.  When I view it from this point, then I feel frighten. 

Lately, my senses, in particular to first meeting people have been heightened.  I can sense if they have something dark with them.  In particular, I recently went to my cousins birthday party which she held in her backyard out in the country.  No houses around. 

There were a lot of young boys there.  It was super freezing cold.  I got there around 8:00 pm.  There was 2 bon fires going.  The girls were sharing one and the boys were sharing one.  So I kept getting this strange strong urge to look over at the boys.  Everytime I did, I would.be met with the same pair of eyes from this young boy.  Again and again. 

He bugged me the entire night.  I couldn't understand what I was feeling.  The best way to describe it was, I was scared of him.  There was something dark about him, yet it wasn't him.  He made me uneasy.  He made my chest hurt and I felt like screaming yet nothing to scream about. 

Later on when we started cleaning up the tables outside, he was standing next to me and asked that I hand him the glass full of wine.  Not knowing what to do, I handed it to him and our fingers touched.  Right then and there, I felt a deep emptiness.  It's like void of feelings.  I've never felt such emptiness or.even begin to imagine there could be this level of emptiness.  I can begin to imagine why people would.want to committee suicide. 

So that bugged me even more.  I didn't.like what I was experiencing nor at one pt between the bob fire eyes and fingers touching, we were in the living room together.  It was full of people and then suddenly we were.alone for not.even a split second.  The feeling that came over me was I was afraid of him.  Felt he could abusive.  Never want to be alone him.

2:00 am I left home alone and told no one of my strange feelings.from this boy.  Well, what was even more shocking was this boy liked my cousin, the birthday girl.  I could sense that he did.  He really liked her.  I could sense that he will go for.what he wants.  He will hurt her and he is not her soulmate. 

It gets even more interesting.  I finally confessed my strange feelings about this boy to my girl cousin.  She asked me why I didn't tell her sooner.  Long story short, the boy's father is abusive....get the picture, like father like son?,  there a ghost girl with him at all times who wants him for herself, hence why I'm scared of him, his tattoo which has taken a form of its own is also scary, and the emptiness I feel is his actual spirit that is completely sad.  He has experienced near death experiences three times but it was never his time to actually leave yet. 

Sorry for the typos and grammer.  It's hard to type on my phone and try to keep it straight.

pajnpis

« Reply #3755 on: April 08, 2013, 05:08:37 PM »
Happen to come across some hmong ghost story being told on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDTJzsrqko

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: April 11, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »
Happen to come across some hmong ghost story being told on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEDTJzsrqko
No new ones on you tube. I think I've heard most of it.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:37 PM »
Something I found online. this is a sad story yet scary as heck too. If you want more info. Check youtube, as I don't know how to add links and all.

The Sea of Trees
At the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan sits a dense forest. To those who are unfamiliar with it's reputation, Aokigahara would appear like a run-of-the-mill forest. However, venturing inside would reveal the weight it bares. Any unexpected hiker will likely find more than trees, caverns and wild animals in this forest. Personal items, such as credit cards, wallets and rail passes are often found as well as a decomposing body hanging from a tree limb. Aokigahara is the second most popular suicide location, ranking under the Golden Gate Bridge. There are an average of 50 to 100 suicides each year and the numbers continue to increase as time passes despite posted signs telling them to seek professional help. Why would so many choose this forest as a place to take their own lives?

There area a couple of possible reasons. Seichō Matsumoto wrote a book in 1960 called Kuroi Jukai which describes the suicide of two lovers in Aokigahara, leading to romanticizing the act. Although, suicide is believed to have been associated with the forest long before the book was published. It is believed the 19th Century practice of Ubasute where an infirm or elderly female relative is carried to a mountain or desolate location and left to die by dehydration or starvation had more than once taken place there. Wataru Tsurumui’s controversial 1993 bestseller, The Complete Suicide Manual, describes various methods of suicide and even lists the forest as "the perfect place to die". Some who have committed suicide in the forest had been found with the book in their possession. However, there are those who think Japan's expectations of excellence may have something to do with it. Citizens who find themselves unable to succeed buckle under the pressure.

Then again, some remains found may not be from those who took their lives willingly. Supposedly, underground iron deposits cause compasses to go haywire and interfere with GPS devices, making it quite easy to get lost. Not only that, but the forest also contains cenotes, collapsed lava tubes, and hidden caves. Each can play their part in taking a life.

Either way, Aokigahara is not only associated with suicides but myth and ghosts as well. When Forestry workers come upon a body in the forest they carry it back to their station where a special room is designated for such occasions. In Japanese mythology, a corpse can not rest alone. If it is left alone, the lonely, unsettled soul or Yurei will scream the whole night, and the body will move itself into the regular sleeping quarters.

Aokigahara is considered the most haunted location in Japan. Dubbed the "Purgatory of Yurei". Hikers have often seen apparitions as well as heard the howl of Yurei on the wind. Some have reported objects moving and seeing shadows amongst the trees. Spiritualists say that the trees themselves are filled with a malevolent energy, accumulated from centuries of suicides. They try to prevent you from getting back out. They say if you look hard at the trees, you can see the faces of the dead in the bark.

Today, the forest is littered with colored tape used by walkers to find their way as well as discarded items and nooses, used to facilitate the suicide of its recent victims. Bouquets of flowers left by grieving friends and family members can also be found.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:00:49 PM by saki saki »

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #3758 on: April 11, 2013, 05:14:30 PM »
Something I found online. this is a sad story yet scary as heck too. If you want more info. Check youtube, as I don't know how to add links and all.

The Sea of Trees
At the base of Mt. Fuji in Japan sits a dense forest. To those who are unfamiliar with it's reputation, Aokigahara would appear like a run-of-the-mill forest. However, venturing inside would reveal the weight it bares. Any unexpected hiker will likely find more than trees, caverns and wild animals in this forest. Personal items, such as credit cards, wallets and rail passes are often found as well as a decomposing body hanging from a tree limb. Aokigahara is the second most popular suicide location, ranking under the Golden Gate Bridge. There are an average of 50 to 100 suicides each year and the numbers continue to increase as time passes despite posted signs telling them to seek professional help. Why would so many choose this forest as a place to take their own lives?

There area a couple of possible reasons. Seichō Matsumoto wrote a book in 1960 called Kuroi Jukai which describes the suicide of two lovers in Aokigahara, leading to romanticizing the act. Although, suicide is believed to have been associated with the forest long before the book was published. It is believed the 19th Century practice of Ubasute where an infirm or elderly female relative is carried to a mountain or desolate location and left to die by dehydration or starvation had more than once taken place there. Wataru Tsurumui’s controversial 1993 bestseller, The Complete Suicide Manual, describes various methods of suicide and even lists the forest as "the perfect place to die". Some who have committed suicide in the forest had been found with the book in their possession. However, there are those who think Japan's expectations of excellence may have something to do with it. Citizens who find themselves unable to succeed buckle under the pressure.

Then again, some remains found may not be from those who took their lives willingly. Supposedly, underground iron deposits cause compasses to go haywire and interfere with GPS devices, making it quite easy to get lost. Not only that, but the forest also contains cenotes, collapsed lava tubes, and hidden caves. Each can play their part in taking a life.

Either way, Aokigahara is not only associated with suicides but myth and ghosts as well. When Forestry workers come upon a body in the forest they carry it back to their station where a special room is designated for such occasions. In Japanese mythology, a corpse can not rest alone. If it is left alone, the lonely, unsettled soul or Yurei will scream the whole night, and the body will move itself into the regular sleeping quarters.

Aokigahara is considered the most haunted location in Japan. Dubbed the "Purgatory of Yurei". Hikers have often seen apparitions as well as heard the howl of Yurei on the wind. Some have reported objects moving and seeing shadows amongst the trees. Spiritualists say that the trees themselves are filled with a malevolent energy, accumulated from centuries of suicides. They try to prevent you from getting back out. They say if you look hard at the trees, you can see the faces of the dead in the bark.

Today, the forest is littered with colored tape used by walkers to find their way as well as discarded items and nooses, used to facilitate the suicide of its recent victims. Bouquets of flowers left by grieving friends and family members can also be found.

Interesting...

I went searching for it some more and found this.. creepy..

http://www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/?p=5654

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: April 11, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »
^^ whew. I had thought you were going to post pix of the dead ppl. As I had already seen it.
But very hard to get those image outta my head. the more i read it i want to hear more.
It kinda reminds me of Lost Lake aka Lost soul. in the hmong version.

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #3760 on: April 11, 2013, 07:10:10 PM »
^^ whew. I had thought you were going to post pix of the dead ppl. As I had already seen it.
But very hard to get those image outta my head. the more i read it i want to hear more.
It kinda reminds me of Lost Lake aka Lost soul. in the hmong version.

creepy and sad..

There is a video in this link.. 20minutes long... quiet interesting..

http://www.tofugu.com/2012/07/23/aokigahara-japans-haunted-forest-of-death/

Like this post: +1

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: April 11, 2013, 07:13:24 PM »
nice, scary and sad at the same time

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3762 on: April 15, 2013, 03:30:33 PM »
saki
tell us some stories from lost lake, i've heard a few thing but always like to here more

lost lake
my nephew (older than me) one time was hangin out with his buddies getting high/drunk
well it started to get dark around 8ish during the summer time it get dark really late
anyways someone had looked up into the trees and saw a red bloody face looking down at them smiling, he thought he was trippin but other guys saw it too
well they all freaked out and jumped into their civic hatchbacks like a bunch of clowns getting into a tiny car and sped off (this was b4 they put in the speed bumps)
i think they saw it at the towards the end of the river where you can picnic like if your goin into the park you turn left

same nephew

one time he/his buddies went to avacodo lake to kick back, summertime again and left late
coming home is was starting to get dark they where coming back on the kings canyon/180 way
after they passed the little town just outside of the lake they saw a white girl walking
they decided to give her a ride, well as they rode back towards kings canyon the guys in the back started fondling her
she let them do it so it wasnt a problem but it wasnt until the driver ( i think it was my nephew) looked at the rear view mirror and saw hand movements but no girl, he turned and looked back and saw the girl there and
freaked out so they pulled over at the store with the carved indian in front and said they should use the bathroom so as she left to the womens bathroom they took off
he told his buddies what he saw and they all freaked out afterwards

same nephew

same story/scenario/place/time frame as above but this time instead of using the bathroom they needed to use the payphone and they took off again, this time the nephew got sick and had to do jinglebell

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: April 15, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
^^ I'm from MN so I don't know any story from lost lake. I have a buddy who's from Cali, I'll ask him to tell me some of the stories. I know that the lake is also call the lost soul, cuz that where ppl go hang themselves.  BTW why would you go picking up a stranger off the road. I don't pick up hick hikers. Never know what can happen.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3764 on: April 16, 2013, 02:41:10 PM »
i dont know why they would pick up people like that :idiot2:

yea that place is a popluar place to commit suicide especailly on the side that i stated cause there is a trail that runs way back, i dont know where it goes or ends cause i've never tried to go

Advertisements