Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590271 times)

MovKuam

Re: Hmong Ghost Stories
« Reply #3825 on: October 16, 2013, 04:01:36 PM »
I have a ghost story to share:

Sometime ago, I went and did my laundry. Dry my clothes. Brought my clothes upstair to fold. A week later, I went to do my laundry again, I opened the washer and there was water in my washer. How the heck did it get there? I don't know. I just push it off my mind and did my laundry. Then 3 weeks later, I went down and threw some clothes in the washer. Didn't have enough to wash so I left it there until I get a complete load. A week pasat and I went down to do my laundry. I smell something molding smell. I opened the washer and there again some water in my washer with my clothes in it. All my clothes were all moldy now. I'm just thinking to myself "WTFH is happening?"! I proceeded to get my laundry done. It has not happen lately.. BUT um.. can someone explain this to me? Is it just my stupid washer acting up or am I going nutz/forgetful? ::)

LOL you need new washer, that thing is broke down on you. Perhaps you are the ghost killing the washer.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

MovKuam

« Reply #3826 on: October 16, 2013, 05:22:26 PM »
I bet it was you that came and broke it huh? ;D

I don't even know who you are, a ghost or a human  :headbang: or perhaps are you actually physically exist  ;D

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »
I just went to St. Paul, MN this past weekend. My dab laug and niam dab laug's car broke down near Phalen Lake because he hit a curb. They both where arguing at the time and it was late out (around 9:10pmish). He said really loud to my niam dab laug, "If you really want me to die than for the Zaj in the water to come and take me away!" Minutes later niam dab laug heard weird talking from dab laug. She said he started acting like General Vang Pao saying he is going to bring his army to protect the Hmong people. I don't know if this is true or not but this could be a warning sign to stop arguing late a night and not go near Phalen Lake because I truly believe there are zajs in Phalen Lake. You just can't really say things to them because its always a bad sign. Also it was raining Saturday and Sunday so I don't know. Usually when it rains nonstop the OG's would say a zaj has taken someone.

"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3828 on: October 21, 2013, 02:49:57 PM »
thats sum scurry shiiaatt ^^

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: October 22, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »
Interesting topic and read!

So in light of Halloween, I'll share something that happened to me:

I didn't believe in ghost until it happened that I saw one last year.

Every year before thanksgiving dinner, Kao (guy cousin) and Yuni (younger sister) and I, would go on a 8 - 10 miles hike and climb up a narrow mountain. That year, we left at 5 am and started our adventure. We usually finish by 6 pm at the latest if we start early.
This time, Kao had driven us to a different mountain, that we had never been to before. He told us that he had googled it and found it to be a challenging but a worthwhile hike and climb for us. So off we went. 
Halfway through the day, Kao climbed and jumped over a small locked gate to the side. Something inside me told me, it was a bad idea. I refused to jump it. It clearly had a sign that said "Do Not Enter. Trespassers Prohibited beyond this point."  
But Yuni had also jumped over the gate. I followed.

It led us to a long shadowy forest and then to a twisty narrow dirt path which led up to the mountain.
We hiked and climbed. Kao didn't want to stop until he reached the top. When we did reach the top, it was 1:30pm.

We quickly ate our lunch and made our way back. Somehow this time around, the surrounding looked different. It got darker. No birds chirping. No other human but ourselves. It was dead silent. We were exhausted and we didn't talk. We were just concentrating on getting back. The sun had set. The moon was slowly easing out into the night sky. We walked faster one after the other. Stumbling on a few rocks by the way. Still quiet.

Then in front of us, we saw a little shadow in the distant by the edge of the twisty narrow trail. We all saw it, I asked "What is that?" Kao answered "oh it's nothing, just our shadows". "That can't be our shadows" Yuni replied. With that, Kao moved to the back. Being protective of my sister, I told her to walk behind me, and I will lead. We walked faster in silent for a few more miles.

It got dark. Fog had slowly crept in behind us as we raced down the mountain onto the trail. Every corner we turned, we were fearful. We had forgotten our flashlight. Our phones were dead and now we didn't know what time it was. All of a sudden, Kao ran right into Yuni and knocked her down. He ran right past me into the distance. I grabbed Yuni and we chased. Once we caught up to him, he said "We have to get home. I didn't want to tell you, but there was a little girl walking with us the whole time."

I slapped him, he was going crazy. He usually never say crazy things like that, being the most righteous goody too-shoe Christian I know. Yuni whimpered a little, scared. We held onto one another, this time, I walked last. We finally made it to the shadowy forest. It was so quiet. The fog was making it difficult for us to see. We were more afraid that we didn't bring any equipment to shelter us for the night, since it was suppose to be a day trip. It got cold. Now we were scared of bears. Then Yuni stopped. There in front of us, was a little white girl with brown hair. As clear as a real human being. She stared at us and pointed in front of us. We knew it was a ghost for reals because her eyes were black and her feet wasn't touching the ground.

We darted, and kept running, until we were out of there. Once we got into the car, our phones turned on. We made it home around 10pm bruised, ankle swollen and got an earful. Kao, to this day, still claims, it was exhaustion and dehydration that made us imagine things.  :idiot2: But if 3 people see the same thing, it sure wasn't an illusion.

"You drown not by falling into the water, but by staying submerged in it."

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: October 22, 2013, 09:12:23 PM »
Apologize about the long read above. Here's a quick one.

On May 2013, my cousin Kao invited me to go with him, to look for a house to purchase. We went out into the ranch areas and looked at ranch homes and the many acres it comes with. We came upon this one house, a really good size home, 5 bedroom and 5 bathroom, 2 living room, 1 den, 1 game room, a kitchen and a separate studio attached with 20 acres on top of a hill surrounded by a lot of trees. It was going for 220K. So it was pretty cheap. He liked it. But I didn't. I had a funny feeling. Kao took out his camera and started taking pictures. He set it down on the counter and we followed the real estate agent down to the lot. We went back up to reclaim our items and left.

A week later he calls me and my sister Yuni out to lunch. He shows us the pictures he took and complained that the pictures had come out all messed up and he didn't understand why the real estate agent was in it. I looked at it and oh behold, that blurry face picture of a man taken in one of the room, was certainly not his real estate agent, but someone else.

DRTYLUVN

« Reply #3831 on: October 24, 2013, 03:56:03 PM »
floaty

those are sum scary situations you went thru  :-\

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: October 25, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »
Dam Floaty,
These are mess up stories.. Your 1st story was a bit confusing but understandable . 1st story is always a confusing one because you are tell it just like how it is and step by step as it happened.
Tell us more of your ghostly encounters.
You are going to be the one to Rejuvenate this thread, hence everyone in here are out of encounters. Lolz

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: October 25, 2013, 07:47:11 PM »
Dam Floaty,
These are mess up stories.. Your 1st story was a bit confusing but understandable . 1st story is always a confusing one because you are tell it just like how it is and step by step as it happened.
Tell us more of your ghostly encounters.
You are going to be the one to Rejuvenate this thread, hence everyone in here are out of encounters. Lolz

lol. Sorry I made you confused.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: October 25, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
lol. Sorry I made you confused.
No your story was fine, what I meant was ur 1st was just a bit but not much.
You got some freaky stories. Tell more if you have 'em.

JuneBug

« Reply #3835 on: October 25, 2013, 09:48:35 PM »
i had one incident that got me spooked a little. 

my work place is thought to be haunted.  one night, i was working late and i think i was the only one left in the building.  i decided to take a bathroom break.  while i was sitting on the toilet, i caught a gentle waft of a sweet flowery smell in the air.  the smell lingered for just a few seconds, then i'll catch it again on and off the entire time i was in the bathroom.  by the time i had done my business and flushed, the hair on my arms stood on their ends.  i came out of the stall, washed my hands without looking into the mirror because i was scared to see a reflection behind me.  you can say, as soon as i got back to my office, i gathered my things and left for home.  i don't work late into the night anymore or if i did, only if someone else was also working. 

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: October 25, 2013, 10:09:16 PM »
^^^ You know what. I have had that experience a couple of times. But instead of smelling sweet scented perfumes. I sometime get a smell Opium  or like someone smoking Cigarettes or cigars around me. But it'll be very fainted. Even when I'm at work I sometime can smell it. Of course I've been smokie free for almost 4 yrs now. Whew but still very hard when I drink beer thou.
Anyways I don't know if my mind is just playing trick or am I really smelling those stuff.

Offline floaty

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: October 30, 2013, 04:17:47 AM »
Another story not scary:

Long time ago, I used to talk to a nice Hmong man. But he moved 6 states to the east. So we kept in touch via webcam and all that good sort if we could. 5 - 6 months had already passed when he suddenly contacted me via webcam messenger. He was different. Sickly looking. But he assured me that everything was fine. He lived with his family and his bedroom was in the basement, but he showed me around his house via cam. As he was walking back down to his bedroom, I notice a shadow appear behind him. I asked if someone was awake, he said everyone was asleep. It was weird. Back then I didn't believe in such thing. It was probably just his shadow.

He sat on his computer chair and was still talking to me when I notice the light behind flicker and a black shadow walk behind him. I asked him, what it was but he told me I was imagining things. The shadow it seems still linger behind him. I felt so creeped out, I ended the chat with him and had nightmares all week. I lost contact with him.

Then, a few years back I saw him again at a family function. He married one of my sister's, in law's relatives. Heard rumors that he sees a lot of things, shadows and spirits and it follows him. That he is now a well known shaman.

Like this post: +1

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: November 11, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
There is story behind my house I'm living in...Back in the late 1980s there was a man who lived in the house and had a lot of problems. He was very lonely and didn't have much friends. He kept everything to himself and whatever occurs in the house stays in the house. So one night he wrote a letter and placed it on the kitchen table. He than took a rope and went downstairs to the basement and hung himself. The police showed up because the grass hasn't been cut for a very long time. So when they got in, the house was full of spider webs and stuff like that. The checked in almost every room but couldn't find the man until they came to the kitchen and saw the letter cover in dust. As they were reading the letter, they heard a thum, thumb noise coming from the basement. The basement door was just over to left of the kitchen. As they open the basement door and went downstairs, they saw the man with a rope around is his swing back and forth. His back was facing backward so they could see his face. The police went around him and........... ..........BAM!!!!!!!!! His eyes was bloody eye and his long tongue was sticking out.

In the old days (1990s) a cousin of mine lived there and his son was shot to death because he was in a rival gang. And they moved out after that. It wasn't until 1999 that my family moved in and has been living there every since.

Like this post: +1

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: November 12, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
LOL, gosh after reading what I wrote I failed so much at grammar.  :2funny:

Like this post: +2

Advertisements