Advertisement

Author Topic: Adventures with Chloe...  (Read 70297 times)

SouthernBelle

Re: Adventures with Chloe...
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2009, 09:10:19 AM »
Mommy, can we play?

Pretty please?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

SouthernBelle

« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
SB,

You never lose.  So I'm betting on you!   ;D ;D ;D  ALL IN!!!
It's all about perspective! ;D ;D ;D 

SouthernBelle

« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »
Was in Chicago Friday morning til last night.  Thank god I got back - I cannot believe it snowed and I only come back to rain, rain, and more rain.  It's quite depressing.  I always love Chicago and this time I REALLY got to know Chicago really well.  Just alot of walking, exploring, hanging out - nothing too crazy... 

He looks so lonely, doesn't he?  It was for sure FREEZING! :D :D

As always, I miss my girl...  Here she is just staring at me like "are we gonna play or what?"

Then she's all about some lovin'!

I love HYPER...

SouthernBelle

« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
Khit theung khoon maak...

Hnub twg yus tsis muaj lub suab luag ces hnub ntawd ces lub sij hawm yeej ntev ntev heev rau yus...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 03:14:09 PM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #169 on: April 02, 2009, 11:18:55 PM »
I'm sad, sick, irritable and just not fun to be around right now.  BEWARE!  >:(  :-[ :'(  And no it's not because i'm PMS-ing so stop it right there!  ;D

She makes me smile though...  Isn't she so sweet looking here?

Do you think she wants me to stop?  ;D

One of my favorite songs...  Kinda funny with the name Potato but he's totally talented!

almostfamous

« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:20 AM »
Was in Chicago Friday morning til last night.  Thank god I got back - I cannot believe it snowed and I only come back to rain, rain, and more rain.  It's quite depressing.  I always love Chicago and this time I REALLY got to know Chicago really well.  Just alot of walking, exploring, hanging out - nothing too crazy... 

He looks so lonely, doesn't he?  It was for sure FREEZING! :D :D

As always, I miss my girl...  Here she is just staring at me like "are we gonna play or what?"

Then she's all about some lovin'!

I love HYPER...

where are the chicago pictures?  did you get a chance to go to the art institute?

golddIgger

« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »
I love Chicago.... but it did seem cold and lonely in those pix. :P    I use to live 3hrs away from Chicago...I loved the trips to the city...I always came home...inspire d.   *sighs  That seems so long ago...like another lifetime...SB. ..wow...life is just passing by so quickly...yog.   2008 was a year of uncertainty for me...but I've decided that 2009 will be a year to re-group and just live life as it was meant to be lived.   Yessss, live and learn...regret nothing...beca use later in life we'll only regret all the things we did NOT do.   Hun, remember what I told you... live your best life now...because you've got the rest of your life to be a wife and mother. ;)

xoxo.....

Ahhhh...Chloe is your baby....my cousin and her husband don't have any kids yet and so their doggies are their babies....hehe ee....they make shake N bake porkchops and chicken for their babies, when her mother came over to discover that ...my aunt was floored by their love and devotion for their babies. ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2009, 11:23:50 PM »
where are the chicago pictures?  did you get a chance to go to the art institute?
Friday after we hit up Chinatown, chilled, went out and toured the city - bus tour then came back and talked then KO-ed - too tired.

Saturday - Viet town, walked and walked and explored the city, stopped off at LakeShore Drive but it was really cold.  We stayed in and talked a lot then I napped since he had to make a few phone calls and wasn't feeling good.  Evening we went out for a bit - had a few drinks at a local place - a bit of jazzy music but nothing like Green Mill we went to.

Sunday - Chinatown, played in the snow, drove to the airport and chilled then I left

No pictures to share with PH this time around!  ;D ;D  Actually didn't take too many this time anyway.  Wasn't in the picture taking mood.  :D

I love Chicago.... but it did seem cold and lonely in those pix. :P    I use to live 3hrs away from Chicago...I loved the trips to the city...I always came home...inspire d.   *sighs  That seems so long ago...like another lifetime...SB. ..wow...life is just passing by so quickly...yog.   2008 was a year of uncertainty for me...but I've decided that 2009 will be a year to re-group and just live life as it was meant to be lived.   Yessss, live and learn...regret nothing...beca use later in life we'll only regret all the things we did NOT do.   Hun, remember what I told you... live your best life now...because you've got the rest of your life to be a wife and mother. ;)

xoxo.....

Ahhhh...Chloe is your baby....my cousin and her husband don't have any kids yet and so their doggies are their babies....hehe ee....they make shake N bake porkchops and chicken for their babies, when her mother came over to discover that ...my aunt was floored by their love and devotion for their babies. ;D
Chicago is one of my fave cities!  I'd live there if 6 months of the year wasn't snowing! ;D

I live my life to the fullest - don't you worry.  :)

Chloe is about it for me these days but she is costly and totally worth it!  Despite all the crap I get from my mom, I love Chloe! :)

SouthernBelle

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2009, 11:29:03 PM »
I was exhausted all weekend and I don't know why.  I'm going in for more blood tests/work this week.  Something is seriously wrong with me other than my allergies...

Chloe had a great weekend in the sun this weekend.  Too bad I couldn't enjoy it with her more...  Here she is exhausted!  LOL ;D

====///====

Nyob ib leeg kho siab luaj no
Tso lub siab ya tuaj cuag koj
Hais rau koj paub tias kuv nco
Nco ntsoov koj nyob hauv nruab siab

Hlub tau koj nyob deb ua luaj no
Tsis tau xav tias yuav siab phem
Vim nyob deb tuaj cuag tsis tau koj
Txawm tshua txawm nco los tuaj cuag tsis tau koj

Nyob ib leeg tu siab luaj no
Tso zaj nkauj twg los kho siab...

:'( :'( :'(

golddIgger

« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2009, 08:09:36 AM »
 ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #175 on: April 09, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »
SBelle,

Is it true?  BAC is going to belly up like what some analyst are saying about the entire financial industry?

I don't know for sure but you know how analysts and speculators are...   From what I've heard and observed day to day, we seem to be doing fine.  I mean last night on Fox News I believe BAC's CEO talked about the strong performance of the bank's home lending and capital markets businesses (the acquisitions of Merrill and Countrywide).  If anything happens I'll be very surprised.  I did also read that Wells Fargo is suppose to announce positive results so I can't wait to see all the results. 

SouthernBelle

« Reply #176 on: April 09, 2009, 04:11:31 PM »
Gosh i feel soooooo much better today....  It's beautiful and sunny 70's out today!  Too bad my allergies are just now getting better and I still need more sleep.  Ugh... Well I'm excited for Easter weekend.  I cannot believe it's already Easter! :D :D

Here's Chloe looking bored but enjoying the sun today while I work:

Here's a surprised look a bit ago! ;D ;D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2009, 01:01:50 AM »
I am soooooo exhausted but I so cannot sleep! Ugh!  The doctor is NOT going to be happy with my progress! :D :D

So yesterday Chloe bolted out the door as I opened the door and crap, of all things it was RAINING!  I spent an hour running around the neighborhood in the RAIN waiting for her to finish her exploring and to come to me and it's like 11 pm at night!  These days I've been neglectful due to my chaotic schedule of work and school so I guess it serves me right for not giving her attention and love lately so that she wants to come to me...   :-\  I wish I would've capture a picture of her and I yesterday when I finally got her on the leash and walked her back home.  We were both soaken wet!  :-[  First order of business was to discipline her...  I made her stay in place on the porch for increments of about 5 minutes then I gave her a treat then I trained her on when to come to me when I called her name...  I guess she did well and she KNOWS but she just chose to ignore me that night because she was FREE!  :D :D  She sure does have a mind of her own!  >:( >:(

It was still raining the morning after and I left her outside to play and talk about a puppy who loves rain and the mud - this isn't even half as bad as what she could be! :D :D

SouthernBelle

« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »
Today was a GREAT day - I got my test back and I made 100+!  In my entire college career, I've never received a perfect score and the funny thing is, I GUESSED!  OMG I'm just ecstatic that's done with and will help secure my A for the class.  Gosh, I think it's the cut off of alcoholic beverages! ;D ;D ;D

Last night I couldn't sleep so I watched this older Indian movie called "Vivah."  OMG I totally just balled...  Gosh to find someone who adores/loves you that much I think only exists in movies...   :'(  I throughly enjoyed it...

One of my favorite songs from the movie and is the scene of the first visit:

Well Chloe is almost ONE.  I cannot believe it - can you?  Next weekend I'm going to throw her a birthday party and PetSmart sent her a gift card for a treat/toy of $10 value.  I'm going to take her this weekend to go and use it.  I now have to switch her to big doggie food now...

She hates the camera - can you tell? ;D ;D

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 12:31:26 PM by SouthernBelle »

SouthernBelle

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2009, 08:35:14 PM »
Yesterday Chloe went for a visit with the Vet.  She is normal so yay!  I captured a picture while waiting for the vet to come in.  I always lift her and put her up for the vet to check out so thankfully she’s only 50 lbs.  If she was more, the Vet would have to examine her on the ground.  Haha.  In this picture we were in a room by the entrance so she kept looking out to see her many friends come and go through the door.  She was so curious! 

So Chloe turns ONE next weekend (I cannot believe it!) and I’m gonna bake her a cake. I already got many many presents for her so all that’s left is the cake!  Here’s a recipe I found that sounds yummy.  Anyone else have any other recipes? :P

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup butter
1/4 apple sauce
1 3.5 oz jar baby meat (not sure what this is – anyone know?)
1 cup shredded carrots
3 eggs
2 strips fried bacon, crumbled or use crumbled dog beef jerky

Plain yogurt, low fat cream cheese or cottage cheese for frosting.

Cream butter. Add eggs, applesauce, baby food and carrots. Gradually add flour and BP. Add bacon. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8" round pan. Bake 60 minutes until cake bounces back when touched. Cool. Top with strained yogurt or other frosting. Refrigerate leftovers.

I’m going to substitute doggie treats or beef jerky for the fried bacon and I’m going to use peanut butter for frosting instead of yogurt or cream cheese, or cottage cheese.

Today was a freakin’ hot day but I took Chloe for about a two hour walk and look how happy yet how hot she looks here when we got back…

Advertisements