Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283775 times)

fish4keep

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #735 on: May 20, 2011, 11:35:11 PM »
Wha? No way man, hmong born and raised haha! iamfisherman is hmong too, but I think he kind of stopped posting. That's funny I didn't think anyone else was on those forums. What's your screenname on there?

Same name (fish4keep) on the new forum.  I use to go by my name Wang in the old forum, if you were there.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 21, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »

Opaleye, vegetarian fish, I caught it on peas:

A shot of the Harbor:

what a cute fish...especia lly a vegetarian also...i need one of those for my pets...lolz...

beautiful harbor... O0 O0 O0

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Roc

« Reply #737 on: May 21, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »
Yea it is really beautiful, especially when there's a fire-red sunset.

Fish4keep I remember wang haha but I always thought it was someone chinese lol!

fish4keep

« Reply #738 on: May 21, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
Yea it is really beautiful, especially when there's a fire-red sunset.

Fish4keep I remember wang haha but I always thought it was someone chinese lol!

The one and only butt slayer (used to). O0  Haven't been fishing much in the salt any longer.  Mainly lmb nowadays.....

Roc

« Reply #739 on: May 22, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »
Holy crap dude you are the "Wang" I knew it was familiar. Yea i used to read your reports all the time. Pretty much a celebrity. No more butts eh? I just restarted fishing for them again.

fish4keep

« Reply #740 on: May 22, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »
Holy crap dude you are the "Wang" I knew it was familiar. Yea i used to read your reports all the time. Pretty much a celebrity. No more butts eh? I just restarted fishing for them again.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It's funny, my nephew said the same thing too, "you're a celebrity".  We have been approached a bunch of time by ppl who read my reports/posts.  Not no more, but barely (probably about 5-6 times/yr).  I've only been out once this year for butts for a handful of pancakes.  Last year (spring) I found a spot LOADED with big butts.  It was guarantee a legal or two with most in the 30+"ers.  One day a guy beat me to the spot where he caught a 50+"er.   :'( :'( :'( Biggest butt I've seen from a boat or shore.  Only if I was there a little earlier....... .......

Roc

« Reply #741 on: May 22, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
I know your pain. I was fishing plastics down my normal stretch of beach while being followed by 2 fishermen who were tossing frozen anchovies. These guys were using old gear and catching thornbacks, shovels, and small bat rays. Then I hear them yelling and stuff, I look over and they brought up a 30+ incher. I mean come on... and they say luck doesn't count for anything... I did end up getting a 23 incher on my end though.

I notice you liked to use live bait, do you do this for open beach as well as river channel? The water is just starting to get past 57 degrees constantly up here, so the bite will be good in about a week as long as we don't have rain. How's the LMB? We've been doing good on pencil poppers at sunset at my local pond/lake.

Joe Kue

« Reply #742 on: May 22, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »
Six anglers from St. Paul face misdemeanor charges for keeping 598 white bass in a single day - 388 more than their daily limit allowed - while fishing Devils Lake last week near Minnewaukan, N.D. The caller also reported the anglers as having several ice chests

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 22, 2011, 11:12:28 PM »
Will these people ever learn their lesson?  Just what is anyone going to do with all that fish?

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

fish4keep

« Reply #744 on: May 23, 2011, 10:31:14 AM »
Will these people ever learn their lesson?  Just what is anyone going to do with all that fish?

maybe now they will, but the ppl next to them wont until they also get cited......

I know your pain. I was fishing plastics down my normal stretch of beach while being followed by 2 fishermen who were tossing frozen anchovies. These guys were using old gear and catching thornbacks, shovels, and small bat rays. Then I hear them yelling and stuff, I look over and they brought up a 30+ incher. I mean come on... and they say luck doesn't count for anything... I did end up getting a 23 incher on my end though.

I notice you liked to use live bait, do you do this for open beach as well as river channel? The water is just starting to get past 57 degrees constantly up here, so the bite will be good in about a week as long as we don't have rain. How's the LMB? We've been doing good on pencil poppers at sunset at my local pond/lake.

We also got two legals that morning, 29" and 26". But I would give those two for that one anyday.  ;D

Yeah, I mainly use live bait for butts.  I use them in both open and river channel.  For open beaches, you have to find trenches/holes.  If you can't find those, it's hard using live bait as the wave will push the bait back.  But if you find trenches/holes, you can cast the live bait into them and the wave wont be able to push them back cause the waves will just roll over the trench/hole. 

You know our parks are pretty heavily pressure so to get them, you usually have to hit it up in the early AM or late PM. I've been getting a few on each outting.  Mostly on ikas and senkos, but I've been getting some on sammies and gunfish too.  Nothing more exciting than topwater...... .......

addisonlee

Roc

« Reply #746 on: May 23, 2011, 03:55:45 PM »
That's fish slayage for sure. How to perch compare to whitebass as far as taste goes?

Roc

« Reply #747 on: May 23, 2011, 04:03:38 PM »
Some old pics I dug up:

My bro holding my dad's toad Grass Rockfish:

My dad fishing for halibut, bite and catch!

Me trying to make my Kelp Rockfish look bigger:

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 23, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
Weird looking fish. I wouldn't eat them.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 23, 2011, 04:06:23 PM »
Whoa! You've got some strange stuff...fish caught on peas?

Sounds great, I love fighting northerns (the two that I have caught my whole life anyways haha).

As for what I've done, I attended the hearing about the closures with fellow recreational, spear, and commercial fishermen held in my city and voiced directly my concerns. The thing is though, that these public hearings were pretty rigged. A lot of the hearings were held in-land (like in Sacramento vs. in San Francisco) which is hours from the coast, most likely to make it harder for more people to come. Secondly, there are multiple lawsuits against this process; two major ones are that they haven't done the necessary research that this process will help the environment at all, and the second one is from a film-maker who was not given access to a meeting even though they are "public".

At first I thought this was all conspiracy stuff (which I don't really care for) but when you start reading it, there's a lot of shady stuff going on, namely that the process is funded by a private organization coming from the Packard Foundation (who definitely are looking for something in return for their $18 million investment). Most fishermen believe it is a move to get fishermen out of areas where elitists don't want us. Fishing down here isn't as much a family tradition as it is up there. Most people only know that meat comes from the supermarket. The idea of eating the fish I caught surprised almost all of my friends (they always ask, "you can eat that?"). In fact, many people will look at you in disgust for harming a poor little creature. It's a pretty tough battle, one which we fishermen are losing. The only thing I haven't done yet is donate money to the organizations fighting it (I should though, but it may be too late).

But enough ranting, haha, this is a post your fish thread not a political one, so post those fishies!

Here's two I got from the harbor messing around while taking a walk after dinner:

Shiner Perch, great halibut bait:

Opaleye, vegetarian fish, I caught it on peas:

A shot of the Harbor:

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements