Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283672 times)

Roc

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2011, 04:14:32 PM »
Which ones? They are all delicious reporter! Chinese style steamed rockfish is soooo good. Halibut is great almost any way you cook it, and even better if you don't cook it (sashimi yes!).

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Roc

« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2011, 04:18:44 PM »
And yes, to inlanders I am the king of weird fish haha! There's weirder things I haven't shown yet because I didn't take pictures of them like: lobsters, stingrays, squid, seabass, sea slugs, sea cucumbers, puffer sharks, etc etc. You guys make me realize there are a ton of species of fish that I have 10 minutes from my house haha.

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
wkend fishing - Alameda Rockwall
37" leopard shark

30 lb Ray

Roc

« Reply #753 on: May 23, 2011, 08:36:15 PM »
I still need to catch a leopard this year. Good going!

fish4keep

« Reply #754 on: May 23, 2011, 10:10:07 PM »
I still need to catch a leopard this year. Good going!

It should be about time for them?  I haven't done it for a while and since I sold 90% of my salt gear I probably wont.  Got this guy my last time out for them. Didn't taste too good either so I don't think I'll ever keep them again (if I catch one)....

Sad to say but these were inside her.  I was so caught up in the moment, I forgot to check if it was a male or female.   :'( :'( :'(

Roc

« Reply #755 on: May 23, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »
Oh man, those would be awesome in an aquarium. Did you release them back into the sea? I'm sure they'd be fine if you did. So you didn't like the taste huh? I hear most people like leopard shark over most of the others we catch.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 24, 2011, 02:36:28 AM »
Wow, looks like Ocean fishing could be fun, . I'll try it one of these day(s). Of course I live here in MN. So could be a challenge fro me. FAIL. But one of these days, I'll try. LOL

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: May 24, 2011, 03:03:58 AM »
never, ever going to eat sunfishes or large mouth bass ever again...wwwway yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy too gamey....this is the first time i've ever eaten them...well sunfishes as a kid, but large mouth bass for the first time...GROSSSS SS...i don't understand why soo many hmong people like eating them...dang, all these years--i've been catching and releasing them only... :fish: :icon_puke_r: :brushteeth:

i mean i really love eating fish, etc..but those two weren't made for me...unless it's because i had to clean them also...argh...

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:05:58 AM by dianahmuas »

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

addisonlee

« Reply #758 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
That's fish slayage for sure. How to perch compare to whitebass as far as taste goes?

I'd choose perch over whitebass any day! They don't have a fishy taste to them and are full of meat. I only fillet and deep fry my perch. Only thing is eater size perch, 9+ inches,  are harder to find than whitebass this time of the year.

addisonlee

« Reply #759 on: May 24, 2011, 09:06:49 AM »
never, ever going to eat sunfishes or large mouth bass ever again...wwwway yyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyy too gamey....this is the first time i've ever eaten them...well sunfishes as a kid, but large mouth bass for the first time...GROSSSS SS...i don't understand why soo many hmong people like eating them...dang, all these years--i've been catching and releasing them only... :fish: :icon_puke_r: :brushteeth:

i mean i really love eating fish, etc..but those two weren't made for me...unless it's because i had to clean them also...argh...

Blue gills and sun fish are one of the best tasting fish around! Just fillet them, coat them in some shore lunch flour and deep fry. Delicious!

As for largemouth and smallmouth bass, I only CPR them. Catch-Picture-Release.  O0

addisonlee

« Reply #760 on: May 24, 2011, 09:08:07 AM »
Roc & yajster358 - Those are some great photos! Good to see something different. Keep'em coming!  O0

Pho King Awesome

« Reply #761 on: May 24, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

The Hmong way is to "muab xwv nrog txwj lom, zaub txhwb, kua txob" and various other herbs. The American way is to batter and deep fry. I bet if you xwv or deep fry a dirt, it would taste just as good.

That being said, I'm with Addison. It's about CPR for me. As I heard before, smallmouth and largemouth taste like swamp. Why would anybody want to eat them?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:24:20 PM by Pho King Awesome »

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:22 PM »
The Hmong way is to "muab xwv nrog txwm lom, zaub txhwb, kua txob" and various other herbs. The American way is to batter and deep fry. I bet if you xwv or deep fry a dirt, it would taste just as good.

That being said, I'm with Addison. It's about CPR for me. As I heard before, smallmouth and largemouth taste like swamp. Why would anybody want to eat them?
I'll catch and release 'em. Don't even know how to cook small, big mouth bass. Steam, deep fry? Unlike striper and white bass, those I know what I need and how to cook it.

Pho King Awesome

« Reply #763 on: May 24, 2011, 01:32:39 PM »
;D

addisonlee

« Reply #764 on: May 24, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
On my lunch break. 20inches. 3.5lbs. Biggest bass on this lake so far. :D ;D

Advertisements