Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283819 times)

addisonlee

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »
nice catch Addison.. O0 O0 Ever been to Crystal lake north of madison? good place for bass...

never been there but there's a crystal lake in sheboygan county. lol. we'll have to go one of these days.  O0

u coming up for my small bass tourny?  ???

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2011, 09:43:08 PM »
never been there but there's a crystal lake in sheboygan county. lol. we'll have to go one of these days.  O0

u coming up for my small bass tourny?  ???

if jet comes, i might... gonna have lisa join too.. O0

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Pho King Awesome

« Reply #827 on: June 29, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
That's a size 15 shoe.  ;)

addisonlee

« Reply #828 on: June 29, 2011, 01:40:15 PM »
Nice catch Pho King. Keep'em coming.  O0

addisonlee

« Reply #829 on: June 29, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
Today on lunch  :D ;D O0

19-20 inches 3.5-4lbs  ;)

Baby bass fry...

Roc

« Reply #830 on: June 29, 2011, 02:47:14 PM »
That carrot stix is sick, I wanted one for a striper combo... but alas I don't do enough striper fishing to justify it. That and also at the moment I have too many fishing rods... btw how are you doing on the casting addison? I remember you're pretty new to baitcasters right? Still getting backlashes? When I was starting out, I bought Izorline First String in 20lb test, at like $2.99 a spool I could afford to cut some out  ;D  20lb is just about the easiest line to cast too. The First String is plenty tough, just that it needs to be replaced after awhile because it gets nicked easily. I was thinking about moving to Sufix or PowerPro braided lines, but I never have much luck with them. Till then, I'll stick with Izorline Platinum.

Here's a fishing vid of myself, my brother and my cousin doing some harbor fishing. We didn't catch as many sand bass as we did before but it was still a good time. I feel like whenever I bring a camera for the intent of taking photo/video of fish, I usually don't do as well haha. Enjoy!

addisonlee

« Reply #831 on: June 29, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
That carrot stix is sick, I wanted one for a striper combo... but alas I don't do enough striper fishing to justify it. That and also at the moment I have too many fishing rods... btw how are you doing on the casting addison? I remember you're pretty new to baitcasters right? Still getting backlashes? When I was starting out, I bought Izorline First String in 20lb test, at like $2.99 a spool I could afford to cut some out  ;D  20lb is just about the easiest line to cast too. The First String is plenty tough, just that it needs to be replaced after awhile because it gets nicked easily. I was thinking about moving to Sufix or PowerPro braided lines, but I never have much luck with them. Till then, I'll stick with Izorline Platinum.

Funny thing was this bass took my jig while I was fixing my birds nest and I steall caught it  :2funny:

I'm currently using Trilene XL 12lbs mono, but will need more practice before switching to expensive line. Gonna pick up some Trilene Big Game line soon before switching  to Suffix 832. LOL.

No YT at work. Will check it out later.  O0

Roc

« Reply #832 on: June 29, 2011, 05:35:37 PM »
More recent fishing, this was two days ago. Our beaches finally warmed up and the halibut moved in. This is my bro's 24 incher. My cousin lost a big one too. I had no bites.

He also caught this short at about 16 inches, damn beginners luck.

The creek outlet was having somewhat of a die-off. The stream mouth can't reach the ocean because of all the sand that built up. Some nice fish were swimming around lazy as they were running out of air. This is a nice sized pile perch that had died probably just an hour or so before.

addisonlee

« Reply #833 on: June 30, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
Roc - Do you eat all those fish? How do they taste?  ???

Roc

« Reply #834 on: June 30, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »
Out of those the only ones we kept were the opaleye (it was gut hooked), a few mackerel, and the halibut my bro caught. They are great eating but ocean fish vary in tastes wildly. You have to change cooking style depending on the fish you take. The mackerel are a fatty fish with strong flavor, best suited for grilling or smoking. I like it salt-grilled japanese style where they call it saba-shioyaki.

In contrast the halibut is very lean white meat. The best way I found to cook it is to fry in hot oil after some good marinating with old bay seasoning. I can't seem to get halibut to taste good being cooked asian style. I still have half the fish in the freezer soon to become sashimi, the japanese have a very similar fish they call the hirame which tastes amazing when served raw and sliced ultra thin.

Rockfish taste like walleye ;)  seriously though, the stuff the market as red snapper from the pacific coast is rockfish. We don't get red snapper in the pacific. Chinese style steamed with ginger and green onions, then top it with sliced yellow onion and pour hot peanut oil over the whole thing. Soooo good.

Roc

« Reply #835 on: June 30, 2011, 10:57:34 AM »
Oh and if you were down here, you'd love fishing for halibut. It's like bass fishing but in the ocean. The most popular choice is to toss swimbaits along a sandy shoreline, but my bro and I favor throwing drop-shotted GULP minnows. Any form of structure in close will most likely concentrate them. I've caught them on spoons, plugs, plastics, and live-bait. You get sharks every once in awhile too, especially if you're using bait. Now that the ocean is warm, you can go out in shorts and a tshirt and enjoy the cool air and the warm seawater and soft sand beneath your feet. Oh the lovely ladies from the local university dressed in swimsuits help too.

addisonlee

« Reply #836 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:13 PM »
Roc - I'd love to come hit up some Cali bass lakes and ocean fish. One of these days. So much to do, so little time.  :D

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 01, 2011, 02:30:22 AM »
Here's my biggest catch so far this year....with a little assistant too O0

here's my baby...

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:32:49 AM by dianahmuas »

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

DeceiversChick

« Reply #838 on: July 01, 2011, 09:12:53 AM »
LOVE eating halibut! I would love to go fishing in the ocean one of these days.

Roc

« Reply #839 on: July 01, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »
The easiest way to catch halibut is actually going to Alaska to fish for the pacific halibut. Those guys get huge too and theres a lot of them. If you want a challenge on medium light tackle though, the cali halibut is way more fun to target from shore. I've heard of guys catching them with spinnerbaits haha. The whole lure fishing in the ocean thing is not as developed as freshwater. Im sure there are a lot of baits from freshwater that would work, just that no one tries em.

Advertisements