Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283718 times)

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2011, 02:16:59 PM »
yea...no we didn't go fish in the delta; too much hmong people there, we fish up north on the sac river..

knights landing areas, freeport, walnut grove, isleton or where?  i don't do specifically sturgeon fishing-maybe once a year.  i never caught one in kalif waterbodies, but lots of sturgeons in the columbia river in oregon.

Like this post: 0
If you are content to let me shine
NEVER walk one step behind...

Adverstisement

yuknowthat

« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
knights landing areas, freeport, walnut grove, isleton or where?  i don't do specifically sturgeon fishing-maybe once a year.  i never caught one in kalif waterbodies, but lots of sturgeons in the columbia river in oregon.
yeah lots of sturgeons in columbia river it's one of the best place especially...b ut it's pretty much in past knights landing...stur geon is pretty  much once a year for us too..but all levees been closed down for rebuilding so pretty much if you go buy boat your chances going to the hot spots will be better..

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
yeah lots of sturgeons in columbia river it's one of the best place especially...b ut it's pretty much in past knights landing...stur geon is pretty  much once a year for us too..but all levees been closed down for rebuilding so pretty much if you go buy boat your chances going to the hot spots will be better..

i do fishing in the river waterbodies by boating only.  perhaps you and your friends can go with me sometimes.  pm me your contact number.  i am from the sac areas.

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: August 27, 2011, 03:06:20 AM »
California's too broke to stock big game fish.  Me and my friends ran into a fish and game officer not too long ago and we asked him if they still stocked striped bass and his answer was no.  He stated that way back in the days to use to when california wasn't so broke, now the fish just travel through the delta systems which flows from and through the rivers that go into the ocean for striped bass.  It's a good thing that they thrive pretty well in freash water reservoirs.  Right now the limit for a striped bass is 2 per person with a size limit of 18 inches and over, but there has been in a battle in court in which they have agreed to amend the take and size limit of striped bass so expect to see a decline in the next five or so years.

But I have seen many hmong famlies take coolers and coolers of striped bass in all shapes and sizes so the new law will only encourage more of this to happen.

thanks for the info...it reminds me of of a pond in la crosse, wi where trout used to be stocked upon...however, in the past 3 years...NO TROUT has been stocked up anymore because of the economy...it's only a lifeless pond with algae and duck weed... >:( >:( >:(

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Roc

« Reply #934 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:01 PM »
Another note is that CA is on the side of the salmon vs. the stripers. Many people are arguing that the stripers are eating salmon smolt before they have a chance to go to sea and come back to reproduce. If you guys don't know, CA's salmon fishery is basically artificial as many salmon are stockers reintroduced into their streams. This year has seen a good number of them, but that also means more people fishing for them. The thing is though, there are more fishermen who fish for stripers and therefore put money into the system because of striped bass. In a way, it's a rift that divides the fishing community. It's all a part of the bigger picture which is that the state is now reducing water flow into the central valley because of these threatened fish, namely the salmon and delta smelt. Without water, farms are unable to grow crops, with water the pumps in the delta end up killing a whole bunch of fish and drain the natural water basin. Can anyone say lose-lose situation?

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2011, 01:21:23 PM »
caught this guy(20") yesterday(8/26/11) soaking anchovies on the AR

q

« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2011, 01:31:15 PM »
Another note is that CA is on the side of the salmon vs. the stripers. Many people are arguing that the stripers are eating salmon smolt before they have a chance to go to sea and come back to reproduce. If you guys don't know, CA's salmon fishery is basically artificial as many salmon are stockers reintroduced into their streams. This year has seen a good number of them, but that also means more people fishing for them. The thing is though, there are more fishermen who fish for stripers and therefore put money into the system because of striped bass. In a way, it's a rift that divides the fishing community. It's all a part of the bigger picture which is that the state is now reducing water flow into the central valley because of these threatened fish, namely the salmon and delta smelt. Without water, farms are unable to grow crops, with water the pumps in the delta end up killing a whole bunch of fish and drain the natural water basin. Can anyone say lose-lose situation?
The only problem is man. All animals live in harmony that mother nature regulates with natural influences. Man came along and tries to control that, end result....... headache for us all.

yuknowthat

« Reply #937 on: August 28, 2011, 12:49:17 PM »
true salmon smolts are the best baits if you want the biggest stripper and sturgeon ..."catch on alive, hook it on the rig, cast it out" guaranteed no more than 5 min..it'll be a good bite..at least 25in and up stripers will take the bait and sturgeons too..compare to using grass shrimp, lamprey eels, or ghost shrimp which you wait for hours if fish on the river bank..

yet that stuff is illegal...more than $500 fine per salmon smolt..

Roc

« Reply #938 on: August 28, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »
Yep, here's an article about some Mien people being caught  :2funny:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/05/10/3614372/warderns-arrest-alleged-poachers.html#mi_rss=Our Region

Makes you wonder if using a trout pattern plastic or fly would work...

Suav

« Reply #939 on: August 31, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
Tajo, nice catches!  O0

I might just head out there soon!

sinister357

« Reply #940 on: August 31, 2011, 10:09:36 PM »
my BIL caught this 5lb-15oz today.

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 01, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
Tajo, nice catches!  O0

I might just head out there soon!

Thanks Suav.  Hurry cause it getting slow now. 

addisonlee

« Reply #942 on: September 02, 2011, 09:36:01 AM »
Crystal Lake - KMBA evening bass tourny
18 inch, 3.10lbs - KhangBro Lures Senkos  O0

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 09, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »
hogan lake
37in striper caught  O0

Roc

« Reply #944 on: September 09, 2011, 11:55:04 AM »
Nice fish, is that a parasite bite by its belly?

Advertisements