Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283695 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #1140 on: April 27, 2012, 03:51:41 PM »
wouldn't that fall under stress. I use to raise fish in a tank, when you move the fish out N into another tank..the temp, water, you know what i mean. All those chem.you put in the fish tank..
Anyways the fish gets stress out..so the color changes.
If they're changing color within the hours, it's stress. The two smallies a page back is b/c of location.

Stress? I don't think so. We are talking about colors that change permanently, right? Not just something that changes for just a few hours and back. If it's stress, by the time you have pulled the fish out onto shores, the colors would be natural again?

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

Roc

« Reply #1141 on: April 28, 2012, 02:36:11 AM »
I remember Bill Dance talking about it. It's like active camo. Predatory fishes can change their color to blend in with the surrounding better. The two fish are different because of the environment they came from. The light color smallie may have come from milkier water. Like basside said the darker smallie may have come from dark mineral rich water. I've seen the St. Croix and it's wayyyy darker than our rivers. Your guys' lakes often have a red or brown tinge whereas ours have a blue/green one.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: April 28, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »
Example lake Minnetoka, i fish there for eyes. Well the water is very green, when i catch eyes there. They are very green conpare to the river were the eyes are a lot more yellow ish.. so tat part is true.but if you put a fish in another body part of water the fish can become strees out due to it's water dentsity.

xhunting918

« Reply #1143 on: May 01, 2012, 06:55:48 AM »
bump

yajkuza

« Reply #1144 on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
CA Delta LMB...post spawn from a couple seasons ago.  My size 9.5 work boots. 8)

addisonlee

« Reply #1145 on: May 04, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
The KING...  8) O0

sinister357

« Reply #1146 on: May 04, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
addison..i don't know much about salmon but from what i know, don't they live in seawater most there life?

addisonlee

« Reply #1147 on: May 04, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
addison..i don't know much about salmon but from what i know, don't they live in seawater most there life?

here in the great lakes they run up the rivers in the fall to spawn and come in close to shore to feed on bait fish  O0

sinister357

« Reply #1148 on: May 04, 2012, 01:10:21 PM »
here in the great lakes they run up the rivers in the fall to spawn and come in close to shore to feed on bait fish  O0
does the great lakes go all the way to the ocean?

addisonlee

« Reply #1149 on: May 04, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
I've always wanted to go salmon fishing... :'( :'(

If you're ever in Sheboygan, WI let me know  O0

does the great lakes go all the way to the ocean?

The great lakes is connect to the Atlantic Ocean through the St. Lawrence Seaway, but salmon are not native to the great lakes. It was actually a collaboration of all the states and Canada to release Pacfici strain salmon into the great lakes around the 1950s to control the alewife/shad population that was rapidly growing.

Interesting fact isn't it?  O0

sinister357

« Reply #1150 on: May 04, 2012, 02:59:53 PM »
If you're ever in Sheboygan, WI let me know  O0

The great lakes is connect to the Atlantic Ocean through the St. Lawrence Seaway, but salmon are not native to the great lakes. It was actually a collaboration of all the states and Canada to release Pacfici strain salmon into the great lakes around the 1950s to control the alewife/shad population that was rapidly growing.

Interesting fact isn't it?  O0
thanks didn't know that either.

fish4keep

« Reply #1151 on: May 06, 2012, 11:15:36 PM »
Nice king and delta bass. 

Got this guy this morning on the 8" Hudd.

yajmafia

« Reply #1152 on: May 07, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
That bass is HUGE!  What's it eating?   ???

fish4keep

« Reply #1153 on: May 07, 2012, 12:34:25 PM »
I swore.. like I almost know you..Fish4Keep ... Where are you from? LOL BTW, don't you people work at all? :2funny:
That bass is HUGE!  What's it eating?   ???

Im in Santa Ana, CA.  I lived in Hanford, CA for 2 years (HS 10-11.5 grade).  I think you're from around there (Visalia/Fresno) since I saw a post from you about Three Rivers.  It's the weekend and I like to get out before everyone spook the fish.  That's the best time to fish these big bait.

The lake I caught it from is full of food for them to eat.  There are shad, bluegill/redear/crappie, crawfish/dad, smaller bass, duckling, and stocked trout.  Now if you're referring to the bait that I was using?: it's an 8" Huddleston swimbait.  Awesome and livelike in a ROF (rate of fall) 5 (slow sink) trout pattern.  Check out some of the vids on Youtube on it.  Freakin Donkeys caught on them.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 07, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »
Nice king and delta bass. 

Got this guy this morning on the 8" Hudd.

Is that a bullhead bait?

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Advertisements