Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283725 times)

fish4keep

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #1215 on: May 29, 2012, 12:04:37 PM »
I little miss calculation... .   ;D ;D ;D

Got this guy yesterday, a little under 6.  Had a bigger one that busted my Punker.   :-[ :'( :'(

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

fish4keep

« Reply #1216 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »

Wow, and that is under 6"? That looks more like a 8". Did you measure it with your tape or shoe?  :2funny:  j/k

Neither.  Something else..... :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Roc

« Reply #1217 on: May 30, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »
I little miss calculation... .   ;D ;D ;D

Got this guy yesterday, a little under 6.  Had a bigger one that busted my Punker.   :-[ :'( :'(

Nice man, what setup are you using to throw the lunker punker? It seems to be an awesome big bass bait.

Maybe you could help me plan out a big bass tactic for my pond bro. It's a neighborhood pond, water is clear to semi-clear. Lots of hydrilla-like weedbeds, possible structure also (we know of 1 rockpile). I've been wanting to throw big baits in here but the weeds are now grown up so much that topwater is almost useless. The only solution I can think of now is either using a big frog (like the spro king frog) or a big tube bait rigged texas. Help me bro, an 18lb bass was caught out of this same pond this year! My fishin buddy saw the pic. I wanna break DD this year!

Oh and sucks about the punker. Those guys are expensive!

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 02:24:32 AM by Roc »

fish4keep

« Reply #1218 on: May 30, 2012, 10:19:11 AM »
Nice man, what setup are you using to throw the lunker punker? It seems to be an awesome big bass bait.

Maybe you could help me plan out a big bass tactic for my pond bro. It's a neighborhood pond, water is clear to semi-clear. Lots of hydrilla-like weedbeds, possible structure also (we know of 1 rockpile). I've been wanting to throw big baits in here but the weeds are now grown up so much that topwater is almost useless. The only solution I can think of now is either using a big frog (like the spro king frog) or a big tube bait rigged texas. Help me bro, an 18lb bass was caught out of this same pond this year! My fishin buddy saw the pic. I wanna break DD this year!

Oh and sucks about the punker. Those guys are expensive!

Although the Punker do catch big fish, it also catches little fish like this one I caught this morning.   :idiot2: :2funny:

Unless I'm getting weed on every cast or every other cast, I'll still throw the topwater (punker, shellcracker, wake jr) along the weed edge or even in the middle.  These bigger bait will call up fish from the deep especially if the water is clear.  But by the pics you have been putting up, you seem to be doing good at that lake/pond.  The only thing I could think of is up the size of your bait, use flouro (which you probably already do), and low light condition (but my friend have been proving this wrong by catching punker fish in the middle of the day when the sun is high in the sky).

My current sb setup is a Shimano Crucial swimbait rod with a Chronarch 201B loaded with 65# Sufix 832 with 25-30# mono/flouro topshot.  Its not an ideal sb reel but it does the job.  The gears do take a toll with the big bait.  Im looking for a Curado 301 but not in a rush. 

Roc

« Reply #1219 on: May 30, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Although the Punker do catch big fish, it also catches little fish like this one I caught this morning.   :idiot2: :2funny:

Unless I'm getting weed on every cast or every other cast, I'll still throw the topwater (punker, shellcracker, wake jr) along the weed edge or even in the middle.  These bigger bait will call up fish from the deep especially if the water is clear.  But by the pics you have been putting up, you seem to be doing good at that lake/pond.  The only thing I could think of is up the size of your bait, use flouro (which you probably already do), and low light condition (but my friend have been proving this wrong by catching punker fish in the middle of the day when the sun is high in the sky).

My current sb setup is a Shimano Crucial swimbait rod with a Chronarch 201B loaded with 65# Sufix 832 with 25-30# mono/flouro topshot.  Its not an ideal sb reel but it does the job.  The gears do take a toll with the big bait.  Im looking for a Curado 301 but not in a rush. 

Thanks for the info man, I remember when you told me you quit hali fishing for bass and I was like wtf? But we spent a day out in the surf for nothing and I was thinking, "shoulda just hit the pond" LOL. Hey thanks for the gear tip, I was under the assumption that all big bait guys threw 400 sized reels. I'm using a Cardiff 200A on a Berkley Series 1 MH rod but I think I'm gonna buy a left hand reel to try it out. It doesn't feel right when I try topwater and my bait moves sloppy. When I use spinning gear I do perfectly fine though.

Yea I'll try upping the bait size. We were there a few days ago and nailed some cookie cutter 3-4lb fish, all on topwater. My buddy was throwing a Samy clone and I was tossing a mouse which I added a buzzing prop to. They couldn't resist the mouse! I guess I need to look around for bigger frogs now. Keep me informed if you find deals on big baits, I wanna start targeting the big fish specifically. I've had enough fish in the 3-5lb range.

fish4keep

« Reply #1221 on: June 07, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
Nice fishes.  I did that once for some trouts on a creek.  I came back later and they were all gone. I figured instead of killing them, we'll have fresh fish throughout our camping weekend.  I guess they didn't get the memo to stay inside.   :2funny:

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: June 07, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I see tat,all the time wen i head out to still water in MN..someone else gets to use it, cuz the org. Person didn't catch anyting. Lol all tat work and someone else uses it. Fail

agentx

« Reply #1223 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:18 PM »
check out this live well I made on the rocks. Hi-tia  :D

AI have you been to Red Rock this year? If so, how's the bite?

fish4keep

« Reply #1224 on: June 11, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »
Yesterday got this 8# on the R2S Rover.  No big explosion, just slurp and gone.

Got this one around 5-6# this morning while taking my son to the park on the drop shot 6" Robo oxblood.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 11, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »
Yesterday got this 8# on the R2S Rover.  No big explosion, just slurp and gone.

Got this one around 5-6# this morning while taking my son to the park on the drop shot 6" Robo oxblood.

wow! 8#? that's huge! Memorial Weekend I got a 4# and I thought it was big....

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Roc

« Reply #1226 on: June 11, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
Nice going fish4keep. I'm still looking for my first 5+ lb bass.

I finished in 6th place in Challenge #1 on the Hmong Kayak Fishing Club tournament trail with a 5 fish limit total of 86.75 inches. Congrats to Kongmeng Moua of Georgia who brought in a whopping 105.75 inch stringer and his biggest fish 22.25 inches. See the results here:

http://www.hmongkayakfishingclub.com/

My biggest fish of the tourney:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:25:25 PM by Roc »

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 12, 2012, 10:40:44 AM »

hahahahahaha.. I love the looks on your son's face... sounded lik "Eeek". :2funny:

I think he's trying to compare his mouth to the largemouth's mouth. :2funny: :2funny:

"...

fish4keep

« Reply #1228 on: June 12, 2012, 10:56:44 AM »
WTG Roc, 6th is not bad at all considering there were 34 contestants.   O0

ST and Reporter, my son was saying "cheese".   ;D

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: June 12, 2012, 11:50:45 AM »
WTG Roc, 6th is not bad at all considering there were 34 contestants.   O0

ST and Reporter, my son was saying "cheese".   ;D

:2funny: :2funny:

"...

Advertisements