Advertisement

Author Topic: Toasted Skin Syndrome: New Risk for Laptop Users?  (Read 1561 times)

jbutton

Toasted Skin Syndrome: New Risk for Laptop Users?
« on: October 04, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »
"Hot legs" isn't just another term for good-looking gams. It can be a warning sign of a medical condition that affects users of laptop computers.

The condition, which doctors dubbed "toasted skin syndrome," arises when people rest a hot laptop on their laps for an extended period of time.

Sounds ridiculous, but recent cases suggest it's no joke.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20018447-10391704.html

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: Toasted Skin Syndrome: New Risk for Laptop Users?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
It makes me wonder why people would actually put a giant heatsink on their lap in the first place...   :idiot2:

Peachy Fish

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 12:55:51 PM »
Yes, this is no joke at all...I remember coming across an article that said, this can also lessen the sperm count in men as well.  :o I'll try to find the article and post it.

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »
Yes, this is no joke at all...I remember coming across an article that said, this can also lessen the sperm count in men as well.  :o I'll try to find the article and post it.

Of course this is true, sperm needs to be a specific temp to stay viable, thats why that thing's in a sac, if it's to hot then your scrotum loosens up and it hangs, if it's too cold then it tightens up and gets close to your body.  If the temps to hot, then oh wells your sperm count goes down becuase they die, so having a hot computer on your legs warming up that area, say bye bye to your sperm basicially.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Advertisements