Advertisement

Author Topic: My Eulogy  (Read 3542 times)

DonJuan

My Eulogy
« on: April 26, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
Always in the work process, but this is what is now:

I live in the house with no roof; no windows, the walls sit leaning against nature.  It is not even a house.  There are no birds, not even a mosquito comes by. I know a spot when I stare in the middle of the night, the entire Milky Way dances to the swish of the wind playing a melody only I know. 
So if you hear me over the deafening roar of your life in its existence, on this evening when the moon in the shadow bows behind the unsettled serenity of the meadow, spare me a thought.

Spoken words, alone, dissipate and are forgotten in the sand of time.  Written words record and serve us as a pledge in this heedless life, they freeze a frame, a chapter in our book of life.  It is this exclusive snapshot that I would like to vouch and leave my footprints in the sand of time. 
Privileged was I that life unexpectedly undertook me through its winding mysteries pointing hastily to the indiscreet entrance of its secrecy.  A glimpse I have witnessed, but to withstand the blow of the unknown, I lost myself.  And in losing myself, the path I stumbled on leads to lead, except leads nowhere but beyond the current that runs to run.  When the sun sets behind the mountain in which I sojourn, and the fog unfolds its misty shadows upon my eyes, may my heart come to rest in my own sovereign passed the current. 

The wind blows, always, and it always vanishes trapped lonesome in the high plateaus where on the tallest tree, on the highest mountain only the deaf man hears its tune echoing, for no man cares for a dying song.  He who hears the sound of silence hears the call of the unknown, a serene melody from the deep side of infinity.  Man must be deaf to the sound of the world and blind to its illusion to attain the truth.

So long now as I board this vessel taking me far away from here, back to the core where my journey began, where the sun is vivid and colorless.   Grim is the path to the point of no return, but if you have walked many years through this cycle of madness we call life: the alternative is not an option. 

The garden you want to reach lies through the reverie of this very wreckage, a nightmare trapped in the delusion of the self.
If you decide to wake up, ahead is the sand of time where time does not time itself, and where the sand stands still in the stillness of eternity.  
If you choose to be asleep, the aloneness of eternity will render your being lifeless in your own loneliness of your illusion.
A garden, there never was but a fantasy of your self-reflection.

“The truth that speaks is not out there
 The answer is in you,
The endeavor is to possess the energy to reach that realization
With no purpose, no routine
Take the time to be free
Being in the know
That everything is possible”
So is written on the wall leading to my house that is not.
In your turn, may you understand that truth.
Listen to the wind howling from the hilltops, a cry only I know.  The wind is blowing, I am ready.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

Re: My Eulogy
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 01:25:01 PM »
Deep... your own?

DonJuan

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 01:55:06 PM »
It is mine. I am ready.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »
So, will you request that this be read or that it is printed into the program?

proudlao

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 02:01:59 PM »
I could never understand why one would take the time to write their own eulogy, maybe you can explain it to me DonJuan?

What made you write, especially when one writes nothing of what he is happy to have lived or experienced the happy and joyous side?

DonJuan

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:07:16 PM »
I could never understand why one would take the time to write their own eulogy, maybe you can explain it to me DonJuan?

What made you write, especially when one writes nothing of what he is happy to have lived or experienced the happy and joyous side?

The sunny side of life belongs to the world of men indeed.

I don't follow men's path.

DonJuan

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
So, will you request that this be read or that it is printed into the program?

Prints.   O0

LadyLionness

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 02:11:07 PM »
Prints.   O0

So, is that the legacy you want to leave behind?

DonJuan

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 02:20:46 PM »

On the path of the spirit: life just is.

DonJuan

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
My father wrote his on his death bed. We used it to print it out with his picture.

What did he say?

proudlao

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »
On the path of the spirit: life just is.

I completely understand.

proudlao

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »
It wasn't so much of a Eulogy but more about his personal life. He wanted people to know who he was as a living person. At the end, he just thanked everyone for their contribution/support and for loving him as a human being.

And do you still have that with you?

proudlao

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 02:35:23 PM »
of course, it's something that has sentimental value to me. I keep everything in a small suitecase. It's all written in hmong though. That's how I came to learn that he was born in Luang Namtha Province.

That is great. You might want to keep it elsewhere like a fireproof or theftproof area.

I once asked my mom if there was anything he have written and left laying around. But she said no, I wanted to know what he was like.

LadyLionness

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
I was going to write one to read during his funeral but I knew that I could never start or finish it. So all of us 7 kids stand in front of the crowds and just speak a little about my father. I saw some of those pictures and all of our eyes were all puffy from crying and our nose was all red. LOL Those funeral pix was horrible. I'll share something with you in pm.

When the pastor showed a pic of my dad smiling and said that we will miss his smile... I couldn't stop crying... just thinking about it makes me want to cry.  My dad's last coherent words were to love each other and to love God.  And to make sure that all his decendants know the Lord God.

DonJuan

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 09:02:23 AM »
When the pastor showed a pic of my dad smiling and said that we will miss his smile... I couldn't stop crying... just thinking about it makes me want to cry.  My dad's last coherent words were to love each other and to love God.  And to make sure that all his decendants know the Lord God.

It is always sad when someone passes.

Though do remember, remembering a smile is attachment.
But when one cannot help but miss, it is ok too, as long as one stays in the moment.

Advertisements