Advertisement

Author Topic: So anyways, I was on my way to el pollo loco and I saw a jeep with no doors  (Read 1058 times)

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
and I was thinking..

if a jeep can drive with no doors...

why can't I right?

I wonder how a s2k would look like with top down and no doors.

Those doors are probably like 50 lbs each... taking both off would save like 80-100 lbs in weight!

Like this post: 0
I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Adverstisement

Envy2

Just don't b1tch when you get T-Bone. Those jeep driver are stupid and I'm not sure it's even legal. However being that most are driven by white people...well cops won't say sh1t.

Sifu

Some places are legal, others illegal.  Regardless it's stupid considering that they roll over pretty easy.  And I do agree they're driven by white people so they'll get a free pass.  Much like those stupid annoying Harleys.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1334
    • View Profile
Some places are legal, others illegal.  Regardless it's stupid considering that they roll over pretty easy.  And I do agree they're driven by white people so they'll get a free pass.  Much like those stupid annoying Harleys.

Just don't b1tch when you get T-Bone. Those jeep driver are stupid and I'm not sure it's even legal. However being that most are driven by white people...well cops won't say sh1t.

Race is not a factor.  I used to own a TJ gen Wrangler and it's legal to drive every where with the doors off as far as I know or at least not enforced because the doors were purposely designed to come off like Legos by the manufacture.  Kind of like glass top and hard top roof on certain vehicles i.e 4Runner. With that said,  to keep it road legal, a mirror relocation kit is needed so when the doors are removed,  the side mirrors can be relocated. Driving with soft canvas door option is also legal on the Wrangler too as long as the side mirrors are functional.

The front windshield on my Wrangler is also purposely built to fold down too...for those that don't know.

Besides the Wrangler,  there are few other vehicles that can be driven legally with the door area wide open I.e., ups, FedEx, usps trucks...

As far as roll over safety goes,  the Wrangler is actually safer than some because it actually has real roll bars built in compared to a typical convertible car like the miata or a s2000 or a z3...

Advertisements