Advertisement

Author Topic: posts pics of u're boat  (Read 37119 times)

Apod

Re: posts pics of u're boat
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »
hey just a quick question. what kind of boat do you guys recommend for a complete beginner? probably use it on lakes and rivers. keep in mind, i've never owned a boat before.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

ricqik

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2010, 07:35:56 PM »
hey just a quick question. what kind of boat do you guys recommend for a complete beginner? probably use it on lakes and rivers. keep in mind, i've never owned a boat before.
this is an awesome boat.... fished out of one for many yrs

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=3247

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2010, 03:08:59 PM »

what is your MAIN reason for buying a boat?  is it for fishing, cruising for fun with the family or skiing?  if it is mainly for fishing, then buy a fishing boat.  if it is for skiing, then buy a jet skiing boat.  if it is for fun with the family that you can cruise, then buy a cruiser.  if it is for multi uses (fishing, skiing and cruising), then buy one that serves that purpose. 

If you are content to let me shine
NEVER walk one step behind...

ricqik

« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 09:34:18 PM »
I suggest a fish-n-ski boat. It's the best all around style of boat. But b4 u go out n buy one, learn how to operate one first. Last thing we want is u or ur crew getting hurt or drowning.

i_am_sam

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2010, 10:13:56 AM »
Apod, rent one first. Get a feel of what you enjoy. Then buy one.

Don't make a mistake of buying one you regret. I had a friend buy a leisure boat 22 footer. He had the idea of fishing and water skiing/recreation cause the wife wanted to have some fun. As months went by we never once went water skiing or wake boarding. Wife only tagged along once ><

Been fishing non-stop every weekend.  We mainly fish for northerns and bass and an occasional walleye. But in MN since the restrictions are so tough here on walleye we gave up.  We can't even go in 4ft of water to fish in heavy cover for our preferred game fish ><

If you are married don't compromise unless she is a true outdoorsman. Now he is regretting the boat  :'(

Photocycle

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 06:12:27 PM »
We can't even go in 4ft of water to fish in heavy cover for our preferred game fish ><

huh? cuz of the size of the boat?

Tracker

« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
Just bought a 1986 16ft Fisher with a 28 hp engine for $1,500.  Boat, motor and trailer all included.  Not a tourney fisherman like the rest of these guys in here or that hardcore.  Been out on it a dozen times since I purchased it.  Been using my cousin's 12 ft alum. boat for the last couple of years to really get the hang of a boat.  Learned alot.  So if you're going to get a boat, don't get one that's to expensive and get one that serves YOUR purpose.   Just know that you're going to be learning how to use the boat so you're going to ding it up a bit before you really learn how to handle a boat.  O0 O0 O0

Apod

« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2010, 02:02:21 PM »
Just bought a 1986 16ft Fisher with a 28 hp engine for $1,500.  Boat, motor and trailer all included.  Not a tourney fisherman like the rest of these guys in here or that hardcore.  Been out on it a dozen times since I purchased it.  Been using my cousin's 12 ft alum. boat for the last couple of years to really get the hang of a boat.  Learned alot.  So if you're going to get a boat, don't get one that's to expensive and get one that serves YOUR purpose.   Just know that you're going to be learning how to use the boat so you're going to ding it up a bit before you really learn how to handle a boat.  O0 O0 O0

that's the kind of boat i'm looking for as a beginner. not anything expensive or fancy. i just wanna practice and do some casual fishing on the weekends. do you have any pics of your $1,500 boat?

i_am_sam

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2010, 10:25:39 PM »
Apod, depending on what you want or how many people you bring along with on your fishing trips.

This is just a simple 16ft aluminum bass converted boat. It's got some toys you may enjoy like radio, trolling motor, depth finder etc. This is just an example. This one is pretty well kept. Could be for the serious fisherman on a tight budget too. It lacks a bigger motor and a live well. But for the money it's a go getter.

I am not sure what kind of fish you enjoy catching but this boat can easily go into heavy cover without spooking fish.

I find that small boats are for me. I tend to fish in shallow water like bays, docks etc. I need a boat that can get right in there without having to worry about hitting bottom ><

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/boa/1849735420.html

that's the kind of boat i'm looking for as a beginner. not anything expensive or fancy. i just wanna practice and do some casual fishing on the weekends. do you have any pics of your $1,500 boat?

ricqik

« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:18 PM »
Shallow, aka bass boats, johns, kayaks.

Tracker

« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2010, 07:03:30 AM »

I don't have any pics....but it is a lighter boat that allows me to get to about 2-3 ft of water and fish the shallows for bass.  Yet, it's also big enough that I can fish the rivers and deeper waters without having to worry about being flipped over.  I like the boat and find that it's well worth the money.  It kinda looks like the pics that i_am_sam posted.  But it's not green!!   ;D ;D ;D  And, I also don't find the need for a radio.  I like the peace and quiet of the rivers and lakes although my cousin has this idea of installing a system that'll bump the sh!t out of all the other boat radios out there.   Keep looking and you'll find a boat soon that meets your needs.   O0 O0 O0

Tracker

« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2010, 07:05:18 AM »
And one last thing....a depth finder is a must!!   Don't go fishing without one!!   ;) ;) ;)

ricqik

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2010, 07:41:13 AM »
U're gonna want more.

blablablablabla

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2010, 10:02:32 AM »
U're gonna want more.

tru dat!   O0

Tracker

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2010, 10:37:33 AM »
U're gonna want more.

Yeah...but at least start out with a depth finder.  Then a trolling motor....then a bigger engine...etc., etc.   :P :P :P

Advertisements