Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 126151 times)

proudlao

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #555 on: July 12, 2012, 08:32:52 AM »
Kobe will take the lessor roll on that one now. It's all Nash and Kobe just make things happens on the net.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

« Reply #556 on: July 16, 2012, 06:51:31 AM »
Melo need to shut the hell up, Knicks sucks and Lin need to move on.

The Realest

« Reply #557 on: July 16, 2012, 08:13:52 AM »
Melo need to shut the hell up, Knicks sucks and Lin need to move on.

Word, he'll shove it down NY's throat in Houston where he'll be the central point, as a Knick he'll always be a 3rd or even 4th wheel.

F@&k the Knicks and I do hope they don't match and let him go to Houston.

proudlao

« Reply #558 on: July 16, 2012, 08:20:16 AM »
Word, he'll shove it down NY's throat in Houston where he'll be the central point, as a Knick he'll always be a 3rd or even 4th wheel.

F@&k the Knicks and I do hope they don't match and let him go to Houston.

I am assuming they will not since they got Felton. They have till tomorrow midnight I think. Lin to Houston would be nice. He will have loads of fans, and Yao Ming will definitely be his buddy and from there Lin will just shoot to the top.

The Realest

« Reply #559 on: July 16, 2012, 09:30:44 AM »
Better for him to leave, the city of NY is already hating on him calling him all sorts of name and why? Because he's got an offer he couldn't refuse from Houston?
If Knicks management really wanted to keep him they should've been the first one to make him an offer but the reality is they didn't think anyone would offer Lin such a lucrative contract and were planning to shortcut him and their dirty plan clearly backfired.
Though I agree the offer is too much for him I get that, but why are Knicks fans hating? and why is Carmelo putting in his 2 cents along with JR Smith?  Why?  because the hearts of some black athletes are showing their true colors.  They don't believe Lin is good enough (and yes more likely because he's asian) to deserve such a contract and allow me to say why the hell is it even of their concern?
At first I was kinda mad for Lin and hoping he'd return to NY (he would get more exposure there of course) but now that I've thought this through it's best for him to move on, I really believe there's some bad blood there in NY now.  On top of Carmelo and Woodson never really believing in him at first, now you've got this whole contract issue to deal with and the flip flop Knicks fans and media.
I loved Linsanity in NY but I hope Lin can be even better in Houston, at least there he doesn't have to worry about being a 4th wheel and he'll be one of the main option.

tubyaj

« Reply #560 on: July 16, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »
Money may be a part of it, but I believe Lin was smart enough that New York may not be the best place for him to showcase his game.  Since Fields was a good friend as well, and Knicks didn't match his contract, I believe Lin restructured his with Houston to get a better chance of getting out of there.  I will be celebrating on Wednesday when the Knicks pass on him.  Knicks was trying to lowball Lin....but he got the better deal of the bargain...at least on the contract piece of things.  He may be more marketable playing in NY...but that's not guaranteed money versus a contract.

LAG

« Reply #561 on: July 17, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
get off Lin's nutz... chink sux!  :2funny:

tubyaj

« Reply #562 on: July 17, 2012, 06:48:13 PM »
get off Lin's nutz... chink sux!  :2funny:

Just good enough to land $25 million....and be a starter.  I'd call that being a pretty good player. O0

proudlao

« Reply #563 on: July 18, 2012, 06:02:33 AM »
GO LIN! I will support the dude even if he is not on my team. Gonna get his jersey!

The Realest

« Reply #564 on: July 18, 2012, 06:13:46 AM »
Hopefully Lin will use all the hate he's gotten as motivation to get even better in Houston.
No more ballhogs, no more egos and haters, no more jealous teammates and coaches who don't believe in you, in Houston it's make or bust for Lin as he'll be handed the ball to run the show.
With his character and work ethic, there's no doubt in my mind he can become a good solid player.

proudlao

« Reply #565 on: July 18, 2012, 06:20:20 AM »
I agree with you Realest.

Today I hope the Lakers will closed the deal on Howard once and for all.

tubyaj

« Reply #566 on: July 18, 2012, 02:49:22 PM »
Glad Jeremy Lin is out of that mess...NY. Houston is going to be a young and exciting team to watch. O0

proudlao

« Reply #567 on: July 19, 2012, 06:51:51 AM »
Ok, we got Antawn Jamison for a year. Now we need to finalized things with Howard and we will be set!

The Realest

« Reply #568 on: July 19, 2012, 07:03:01 AM »
Ok, we got Antawn Jamison for a year. Now we need to finalized things with Howard and we will be set!

and it looks more like it could very well become a reality as yesterday he's finally opened up to signing long term with LA.

primetime

« Reply #569 on: July 20, 2012, 07:08:42 AM »
Even if dwight signs with the lakers and they keep gasol, I still don't see them coming out the west. They need guards that can shoot the 3 and defend.

Advertisements