Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 126264 times)

proudlao

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #570 on: July 20, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
You're wrong there prime, we will be just fine. Wait and see. To the final we go for sure!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

primetime

« Reply #571 on: July 20, 2012, 08:17:34 AM »
We'll wait and see.

You know what's starting to really suck about the nba though? There's just to much talent going to certain teams now that only 4-6 teams actually have a chance of winning. Just get to the playoffs man. ;D

I guess all those bottom feeders have to find out who gets the #1 though. ;D

Like this post: +1

The Realest

« Reply #572 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »
Apparently Mr so called Superman changed his mind again claiming he's never commited to an extension.
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this guy really, Orlando should just trade his azz to Charlotte for all their high picks and call it a day.

Toumeng

« Reply #573 on: July 20, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »
We'll wait and see.

You know what's starting to really suck about the nba though? There's just to much talent going to certain teams now that only 4-6 teams actually have a chance of winning. Just get to the playoffs man. ;D

I guess all those bottom feeders have to find out who gets the #1 though. ;D

Right on. Now...there's no need for managers or coaches anymore. These players decide where and how they play.

primetime

« Reply #574 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:00 AM »
So what you guys think about dwight going to LA for bynum and gasol?

Now the lakers have their big 3 in bryant, dwight and nash.

Unless things change, I still don't see them coming out of the west. :-\

flyhigh

« Reply #575 on: August 10, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »
What are you talking about Laker still got Gasol.  Even though Bynum is good, D Howard is a better fit with the laker offense. His biggest offense comes from put backs and that is something Bynum lack dues to his mobility. I would consider Laker an all star considering they got Jamison too.

So what you guys think about dwight going to LA for bynum and gasol?

Now the lakers have their big 3 in bryant, dwight and nash.

Unless things change, I still don't see them coming out of the west. :-\

primetime

« Reply #576 on: August 10, 2012, 10:24:11 AM »
I thought I read orlando was getting gasol in the 4 way trade. :-\

proudlao

« Reply #577 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:23 AM »
I guess Gasol will not be going anywhere  :)

I knew Howard would not be anywhere but with Hollywood team. It's on now, Kobe will get his six titles in no time.

Congrats to the USA team for bringing home the Gold Medal!

The Realest

« Reply #578 on: August 13, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »
I guess Gasol will not be going anywhere  :)

I knew Howard would not be anywhere but with Hollywood team. It's on now, Kobe will get his six titles in no time.

Congrats to the USA team for bringing home the Gold Medal!

I wouldn't be so quick to crown them 2013 Champs just yet, even with the addition of Howard I don't have them getting by OKC.
First of all Howard's injured and due to miss roughly 2 months of the regular season, that'll give the Thunder plenty of time to get ahead in the standings.
2nd of all I just don't think they'll match up well with OKC, Westbrook will kill Nash and who's gonna stop Durant?
On the good side (for LA) the addition of Howard will force OKC to play Perkins a lot and that's not a good thing for them.
We're just talking the West, what about Miami should they get through?
Ok Howard should be fine in the post both offensively and defensively but who's gonna cover Wade, Lebron and Bosh, an older Kobe, World Peace and Jamison?
It's nice that they added Howard so he can be the centerpiece of the team in the future, but as constructed as they are now (and older as well) I don't see them challenging a younger, more athletic and definitely hungrier OKC team.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:51:16 AM by The Realest »

N`Chync

« Reply #579 on: September 16, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
I wouldn't be so quick to crown them 2013 Champs just yet, even with the addition of Howard I don't have them getting by OKC.
First of all Howard's injured and due to miss roughly 2 months of the regular season, that'll give the Thunder plenty of time to get ahead in the standings.
2nd of all I just don't think they'll match up well with OKC, Westbrook will kill Nash and who's gonna stop Durant?
On the good side (for LA) the addition of Howard will force OKC to play Perkins a lot and that's not a good thing for them.
We're just talking the West, what about Miami should they get through?
Ok Howard should be fine in the post both offensively and defensively but who's gonna cover Wade, Lebron and Bosh, an older Kobe, World Peace and Jamison?
It's nice that they added Howard so he can be the centerpiece of the team in the future, but as constructed as they are now (and older as well) I don't see them challenging a younger, more athletic and definitely hungrier OKC team.

throughout his career everyone has Killed Nash. the factor tho is can they stop Nash. Westbrook can drop 40 points but that comes at a price cuz he doesn't get others involved. Nash can shoot the 3 ball and get everyone involved. people thought Nash and Amare had a good pick and roll game, Nash and Howard is gonna be something special. I'm not crowning the Lakers champs yet but they sure do have a good chance.

Kobe being Kobe, Gasol mostly posting up, Nash and Howard with the pick and roll, if Gasol aint posting then Howard gets a few turns, double team Kobe, Gasol, or Howard and u pay the price, and Nash continue to get his 10 points and 10 assist a game.

at first i wasn't a fan of trading Bynum to get Howard but since they got Nash and still won't get Odom back this works out fine. the biggest problem for the Lakers last year besides  bench scoring was that with Bynum and Gasol there wasn't enough movement and none of the bugs on the bench was able to offset that problem. Now when Odom was there he was a perfect fit to keep Bynum and Gasol in the paint. now with Howard Gasol can have more room in the paint to work. Howard will be giving a lot of picks and crashing the boards a lot while also get some touches in the post. but he won't be stationary like how Bynum and Gasol were last year. Nash will open the floor a lot with his shooting and passing. the pick and roll is gonna be deadly since he has Howard and Gasol to work with. this team is more balanced and mobile than last year. now we'll see if they can pull it off.

never count out the old guys. back in the day Jordan, Pippen and Rodman pulled it off as old men even tho they couldn't guard the young guys like Penny, Grant Hill, Shaq etc. Shaq and Penny killed the Bulls the way Durant and Westbrook killed the Lakers. Bulls won because it was only just Shaq and Penny who were able to do anything. helps that the Bulls had Jordan, Pippen, Harper, and Rodman who were good defenders even tho they were older. at first you can score easily on them, then u get tired cuz they won't stop defending. Kobe and World Peace already do that already but now they're have Howard to clean up boards and run the break.

this is gonna be another good season.

supadupac

« Reply #580 on: October 29, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »

proudlao

« Reply #581 on: November 01, 2012, 06:50:12 AM »
I have yet to see a single game this season.

primetime

« Reply #582 on: November 01, 2012, 08:33:57 AM »
So what's going on with the lakers? They still playing the same way last year or what?

"You see flashes," Brown said. "You see flashes of us moving the ball well. You see flashes of us cutting well. You see flashes of us cutting well. Even defensively, at times, we're doing the right thing, but we haven't put it together for 48 minutes and I talked to the guys about that. We have to put it together for 48 minutes in order to be good in this league, and right now we're not doing it. Especially defensively."

proudlao

« Reply #583 on: November 01, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »
It's early, and give them few weeks to gel together.

supadupac

« Reply #584 on: November 06, 2012, 11:01:39 AM »
yeah, for the lakers, just give it a couple more games, they'll pull, but they're not moving the ball well imo

Advertisements