Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 227411 times)

Wi_sweetguy

Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2014, 04:50:34 AM »
 :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :smileinbox: :smileinbox: :smileinbox: :toothy2: :toothy4: :toothy4:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2014, 01:53:10 PM »
I understand you.  Go for it LUVLYLISA! After all you are the luvly of them all.
:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :smileinbox: :smileinbox: :smileinbox: :toothy2: :toothy4: :toothy4:
thanks wisg! :) i really appreciate it.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 18, 2014, 11:16:27 AM »
I was shocked and scared when I got a text/call yesterday informing me that a good friend had a heart attack.  I sat all day at the office wondering how she was doing.  I finally got in touch with her sister who confirmed that she had to get a stint put in--that one of her main arteries was blocked.  She was lucky that she got to the hospital in time.  She's 32 and was told that she is the youngest case (here in town at least) to a heart patient.  She was discharged from the hospital after 48 hours.  I went to see her yesterday and though we all were laughing and reminiscing about our younger years in college I know in a few days it'll hit her.  Regardless, I'm so happy to see that she is OK.

Life...can't take it for granted and if you really want to live it out you must do all that you can to make sure you live healthy to see it to the end.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

WordGirl

« Reply #813 on: March 18, 2014, 11:25:19 AM »
I was shocked and scared when I got a text/call yesterday informing me that a good friend had a heart attack.  I sat all day at the office wondering how she was doing.  I finally got in touch with her sister who confirmed that she had to get a stint put in--that one of her main arteries was blocked.  She was lucky that she got to the hospital in time.  She's 32 and was told that she is the youngest case (here in town at least) to a heart patient.  She was discharged from the hospital after 48 hours.  I went to see her yesterday and though we all were laughing and reminiscing about our younger years in college I know in a few days it'll hit her.  Regardless, I'm so happy to see that she is OK.

Life...can't take it for granted and if you really want to live it out you must do all that you can to make sure you live healthy to see it to the end.
O0

Hi, luvlylisa! WOW...that is very young to have a heart attack. I'm glad to hear she's okay. I wish her a speedy recovery and no future set-backs.  :) 

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 18, 2014, 12:06:56 PM »
O0

Hi, luvlylisa! WOW...that is very young to have a heart attack. I'm glad to hear she's okay. I wish her a speedy recovery and no future set-backs.  :)
Her older brother WAS the youngest...he had his at 36.  She comes from a family with heart conditions and other health problems.  Mom passed away last year after her stroke; dad had his stroke before mom but made it though lives every day heart broken w/o his wife....they're also diabetic, high blood pressure and high cholesterol as well.

sometimes we can't escape it but we should try our best to not let it get the best of us. 

i know i'm working on my health as well.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »
so it's been almost three weeks since I got my gym membership.  I go at least 2-3 times a week (yeah, I should be going everyday--I know) and though the numbers aren't coming off right away i have noticed that my endurance is getting better.  I'm so proud of myself.  Gotta do this in order to be a healthier me.  I need it and i'm proud of myself for making and taking the time to focus more on myself.  No one else to blame and no one else to do this but me.  I know I'll never be a skinny girl nor do i want to be.  As I've been saying....just healthy enough so I'm not panting like crazy after a flight of stairs.  By December I'd like to get down to a size 16 at the least.  As I told my nyab...I want to lose the weight but I want to be realistic.  It's not that it's not possible but to think that I'd be a size 10 or even 8 by summer is a joke.  It's OK if she wants to set those goals but being realistic I know 1-I can do it and 2-I won't be disappointed.  Besides I want to lose it healthy not a ton at once...otherwi se I would have opted for surgery. 

So yes, let's do this--the sweat is on! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

aboo

« Reply #816 on: March 19, 2014, 05:31:47 PM »
You can do it Luvly....one step, one day at a time O0

btw did you hear back about your application?

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 19, 2014, 10:27:20 PM »
You can do it Luvly....one step, one day at a time O0

btw did you hear back about your application?
thanks it's much appreciated! :)

Urgh, no. Have not heard from grad school--not il April. I'm hoping they mean the beginning of April n not the middle or end since we start n May. ::)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 21, 2014, 03:41:20 PM »
wasn't feeling like hitting the gym yesterday--I so wanted to make a left turn and head home after work but the more i thought about it i made a right turn and headed to the gym.  no one in this but me, right?  once i was there I was good.  that's always the hard part--getting there.  once i'm there i'm always good about staying at least an hour and getting my sweat on. 

today's been a slow and somewhat productive day at the office.  i've been here all day by myself since the boss is out with meningitis and the assistant director was out all day until now. 

anyway, back to reviewing scholarship applicants for the committee and then i can finally go home and start my weekend! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #819 on: March 21, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
You know what is interesting?  The fact that you didn't know which path to take and you took the route to the gym.  I called it the struggle with one self and it happened to me many times.  The hardest thing is not getting to the gym, but once you're there everything is good.  The Muslims have a word for this and it means Gihad or the struggle.  This is the struggle where you have to fight your biggest demons (internal) and external struggles such as anything outside the body. 

Glad you had a good day and have a good weekend.   

Like this post: +1

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 22, 2014, 01:04:37 AM »
You know what is interesting?  The fact that you didn't know which path to take and you took the route to the gym.  I called it the struggle with one self and it happened to me many times.  The hardest thing is not getting to the gym, but once you're there everything is good.  The Muslims have a word for this and it means Gihad or the struggle.  This is the struggle where you have to fight your biggest demons (internal) and external struggles such as anything outside the body. 

Glad you had a good day and have a good weekend.
thanks wsg...it is quite the struggle but that's what makes it worth it at the end.  if it was easy then i'd not be where i am today or how i am today.

i'll be hitting the gym again tomorrow but yes, enjoy ur weekend as well mister. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 24, 2014, 04:30:55 PM »
urgh!  this snow...light flurries or not, is totally ruining my mood.  i'm so over winter...sprin g is here so y not give us the sun and warm temps like we're suppose to have? huh?  please.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

zena

« Reply #822 on: March 24, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »
I'm totally with you about the cold weather.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 24, 2014, 07:57:48 PM »
I'm totally with you about the cold weather.
about 2 hrs ago it was as if a small blizzard came through!  Windy like no other and snow was coming down really fast and heavy...was crazy to drive in you couldn't even see in front of you!  Thankfully, it was only for 20-30 minutes but leaving a soft coat of snow on the ground.  we're suppose to get more later this week.  like common mang!  ::) >:( >:( >:(

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

zena

« Reply #824 on: March 25, 2014, 11:43:09 AM »
Wow.

Advertisements