Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 227442 times)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #825 on: March 28, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »
so it sounds as though i may not hear from the committee about grad school for several weeks.  one of the profs (who is the dean of students and my boss' boss who technically is my boss) stopped by last week (as she was in the area with meetings) and shared that the committee was delayed going through the regular grad applicants therefore have not started looking at the online applicants.  (btw, i applied for the online program so i could keep my job and do school.  the online program was a better fit for my schedule in addition, it is developed for professionals already in the field therefore an assistanship is not necessory.)  I know applicants are suppose to get an interview and if they haven't even looked at applicants then in order to schedule interviews then shoot, I most likely won't find out until a week before classes start! wtf mang!

urgh, moving on.  it'll be almost a month since i've gotten my gym membership.  the first two weeks i went at most twice a week now i've been going at least three times a week.  I've only lost about 7#s.  I'd be lying if I said the #s don't matter but I have noticed that my endurance is kicked in and going 30min non-stop on the treadmill is quite an accomplishment for me.  I'm not comfortable to be running yet but briskly walking at an incline surely is better than nothing.  As a friend said...even if it's slow or me walking at least i'm walking laps around those who are sitting at home on the couch. O0 Right on!  I'm really proud of myself for sticking to it and not making excuses or using "no one is going with me....i have to go alone".  I mean, i PAID for this membership...s o if need be, using my hard earned money as my excuse to go is a good motivator.  and i'm looking at this more as a health issue than about my appearance.  getting smaller is just an added bonus.  O0

had interviews all day today and will be finishing up here in a little bit.  looks like i'll hit the gym today--feeling i should since tomorrow i'll be too tired after work. yep, i work tomorrow--thankfully, it's just tomorrow and not all weekend. 

Like this post: 0
可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 31, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
it was really nice to do some volunteer work with my kids this past sat.  a few of us went to an assisted living residence for elderly folks.  we got the wrong directions so it was a bit frustrating (urgh, ppl who can't organize is rather irritating).  However, they had a table of about a dozen elderly residents who were waiting to play bingo.  three other ladies were waiting for someone to complete their euchre table and one resident wanted to do nothing but play bowling on the wii.  We were there for three hours.  Yes, three hours of bingo.  They played for snack sized chocolate candy bars.  It was really nice being there.  At the end of our service one sweet lady kept thanking us for coming and told us we should come more often.  she said they hardly get visitors and had we not come they've been bored out al day.  "We wouldn't know what we would have done.  The weekends are really boring for us; there's never anything to do--it's so boring." Glad to know our mere presence was all that was needed to make someone's day brighter. 

Monday. *sigh* my longest day of the week.  I'm here doing my usual advising at one of the local high schools.  thus far, only two of my students have bothered to meet with me.  i used to "chase" students down but now I've learn to let them come to me and if they don't--well, then they simply don't.  It's not like they're in trouble however, if they think it's a waste of their time checking in or getting important info (or reminders of things they need to do) then they can't hold it against me.  Anyway, just one more month of tutoring and then the ball snowballs as we prepare and roll into summer.  the dynamics this summer will change indeed.  we have a lot of new students this summer--which can be both good and bad--it'll most definitely be different.  we're still short on teachers but I'm sure we'll make it work--somehow.  I might not be teaching Chinese this summer.  I'm not quite sure how I feel about that but in a sense perhaps that's a good thing.  If I have grad school then I can hopefully set more time aside to that than class prep and lesson planning. 

so on sunday my brothers' accord was leaving gas and died a few blocks from the house.  he's not sure if it's the gas line or the tank that's busted or rusted out but he's hoping it's not the tank.  he's extremely frustrated.  i haven't had a car in years (since my saturn died in 08).  At the time my brother had two cars which he only drove them seasonally.  so i have been "sharing" cars with him since.  being now that he may be temporarily with one car i may have to seriously start looking to buy one of my own.  we were car shopping a few years ago (for me) but didn't find or see anything worth buying.  being young and dumb i shot my credit and have been slowly getting back up (esp. now since i have a decent job). we have a friend who works at a dealership and perhaps in the next few weeks i'll be buying my very first car!  (I've had cars before but i personally didn't purchase them--my first car was a beater my uncle bought me for like $400 and the second car was my mom's car which she eventually gave me and drove her van instead).  i'm excited but being that i have a lot on my plate right now i'm surprisingly not as excited as i should be.  eh, too much going on. but i'm sure i will be when it bring it home.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 07, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »
had a nice weekend.  went up to the cities as i needed to grab some stuff for work. i've not been up there since the beginning of nov last year.  there were no real plans and eventually, my bro and SIL wanted to join me.  thankfully the weather was nice all weekend.  hung out with my bff and her hubby. my bro was craving steak so sunday we made sure to stop by the best steak house on whitebear (we usually stop by there).  saw the guys this weekend and many of them went out the night before....some SIL's bday.  Heard they got plastered fri night.  we were thinking of where to go since we didn't make it to my bff's BIL's khi tes party.  So all the older brothers and cousins wanted a "repeat" of the previous night and so we went with them to an OG club.  I've never been to this one in particular and i guess we really weren't' expecting much.  no hating, ppl do what they want....but wow, all i have to say is it was an interesting night.  i had beer and shots flowing like no other. we danced to two of the songs but i think we had more fun ppl watching than anything.  oh, and the stories i heard while in the girls bathroom!  tips on how to maintain ur alcohol by making urself puke (while ur doing it urself), how so and so's friend won't let their newly ordered mail bride hang out with them bc they may be a "bad influence", interesting stuff. 

i don't know why or how.....but we saw quite a few guys who seemed to be wearing wigs.  they were almost mullet-like.  I guess whatever floats ur boat. 

Met an interesting person over the weekend.  it's a small world indeed as he is my bff's BIL's BIL (his younger bro is married to my bff's younger sister's hubby's sis) AND he knows my cousins since he used to live in CO.  I didn't meet him until towards the end of the night and we talked for a bit...u know, what's ur name...where are you from....how do u know....who do u know, etc. I sensed some chemistry and I saw my bff eyeing me from the other end of the table.  We eventually moved down the table to them since they were waiting for their bowls of pho.  I didn't feel like eating since i was full from all the alcohol already so i passed my bowl to him and we kept passing it back and forth.  he eventually gave it to someone else.  while everyone was eating he kept going over to the guys table and come back and sit next to me while leaning into me and resting on my shoulder.  it wasn't as if he was drunk or anything since he and his sister showed up late (she had to work late) so he wasn't just being "sloppy".  Once we all left somehow he and his uncle ended up in our suburban and went back to my bffs' place (where most of us were crashing or had r cars).  He ended up having to take his uncle, BIL and the BIL's cousin home as they figured he had to be their dd.  I went to say goodbye...."it was nice meeting u" and he said the same and reached his arms out of the car for a hug.  It was a little awkward bc I literally had to hug him through the window--with the door btwn us.  :D 

it's always nice to meet new ppl.  i don't go in "looking" to meet ppl to cling on to and title as boyfriend.  but when u do find ppl who intrigue u and sense a spark it's refreshing and a simple added bonus.  will anything come out of this?  I dunno. But it's always nice to meet new ppl and form new relations whether they be platonic or romantic.   

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #828 on: April 07, 2014, 09:25:09 PM »
It is nice to talk to those people who you knew or had someone known them in the past.  There are some people who you forgot about until they resurface.  You weekend sounded like it was a blast and your meeting with him made it much better, right?  I am glad you had fun, and og parties are the best to meet nice people without having the loud music in the background. 
Did you see Sith too?  If so it was probably him by Village.  He didn't want to buy no phers pho or treat them to buffet so he's been hiding indoors. Claimed no pher was going? LOL...j/kidding  ;D ;D

I am looking forward to more updates and see if anything interesting happens.  Always and forever wishing the one and only msluvlylisa the best time of her life.  Nothing less and much much more great things to happen.  ;)

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 07, 2014, 10:52:28 PM »
It is nice to talk to those people who you knew or had someone known them in the past.  There are some people who you forgot about until they resurface.  You weekend sounded like it was a blast and your meeting with him made it much better, right?  I am glad you had fun, and og parties are the best to meet nice people without having the loud music in the background. 
Did you see Sith too?  If so it was probably him by Village.  He didn't want to buy no phers pho or treat them to buffet so he's been hiding indoors. Claimed no pher was going? LOL...j/kidding  ;D ;D

I am looking forward to more updates and see if anything interesting happens.  Always and forever wishing the one and only msluvlylisa the best time of her life.  Nothing less and much much more great things to happen.  ;)
awww.....that's so sweet of u to say wisg!  Living up to the name eh?  O0

it was a good weekend indeed.  again, the weather was great as well so that surely helped.  it's always nice to see friends and spend time together.  when around good company it doesn't matter what u do....ur bound to have good laughs and fun. Yes, i met someone over the weekend.  again, I dunno if anything will come out of this meeting but for what it's worth, I'm glad to have met him--even if that was the last time I'll see him. :)

Sith?  No, I thought I saw someone who may be resembled him but turned out not to be him.  I hadn't planned on meeting him anyway so no big deal....pho or no pho (actually, i do eat pho but it's not my favorite--sorry).  But like I told him, if I was to spot him I will certainly say hi. 

I, too, hope and only wish nothing but the best to come in ur future endeavors wisg! O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2014, 03:33:04 PM »
bored at work today.  *sigh*

i've got laundry to do later and then will hit the gym. 

thank goodness the weather has been nice these past few days!  spring really is here now.  about time.  i really hope mother nature is not teasing us this time and throws a sh|t load of snow back this way. 

trying to get stuff done and planned for summer....ther e's so much to do but nothing at the same time.

urgh, it's only tuesday.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 09, 2014, 03:23:04 PM »
I finally heard from grad school.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wav: :wav: :wav:

Yep!  Sent in my acceptance form and now I have to pay my deposit and register for classes.  I start May 19th.  I'm excited but nervous at the same time.  I've got a lot of stuff to do prepping for summer so I'm hoping that I manage my time well with work and school.  Wow, back to being a student.  It'll be different and at times very stressful but I know in the end it'll be worth it.  Let's do this Lisa!!! O0

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 11:12:34 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

aboo

« Reply #832 on: April 09, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »
oh YAY!!!!! CONGRATS to you Lisa O0

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 09, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »
oh YAY!!!!! CONGRATS to you Lisa O0
thank you very much!  :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 16, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
just me in the office this whole week and i've been bored out of my mind.  well, i'm working here and there finding things to do/catch up on or staggering it out for the week otherwise i literally will fall asleep at my desk every day.

just registered for my classes yesterday.  i'm still somewhat anxious but it'll be good (at least that's what i keep telling myself).  i went to lunch with an acquaintance who will be graduating from the same grad program--just so i can pick her brain and know what to kind of expect.  unfortunately, she isn't and hasn't had a good experience.  but it was still good to talk and hear her experience--good or bad.

it's very beneficial that i work here on-campus as well....i asked another acquaintance about financial aid and my paperwork and she answered my questions and added that she was also in the program (congratulated me on my acceptance into grad school) and offered me her textbooks for my use if i happen to be using the same ones!  Yes, I just looked online yesterday and I'll need about 4-5 books with a bill rounding about $200.  It's not a ton but that's just this summer session.  I'll take any and all free offers, donations, materials I can get.  Good to me.  I sent her my list of textbooks and she'd go through and see if she has what I need.  Awesome!

I've been missing out on the gym these two weeks.  Bad, I know.  I have been bz w my kids, grad school stuff, prepping for summer, and spring cleaning at the house.  they're doing some smoke alarm and other house inspection stuff tomorrow and we need to clean the house--badly!  Yesterday afternoon i took it upon myself to start in the basement.  it's a fire hazard having my mom's stuff in the lil corridor by the basement stairs.  they've asked us/her to clear the area twice now and she still hasn't done anything.  it's hard explaining to my mother of her "habits".  Though she thinks it's not a big deal with her "stuff" (bags and bags of blankets, pillows, sheets, pillow cases, and random fabric for her quilting and spools and spools of colored string) 'set aside' she doesn't understand that such things are a fire hazard (the materials itself--the furnace is on the other side of the wall) and that it's taken up the entire corridor underneath the stairs which is said to be the "safe zone" for tornadoes or other severe emergencies.  When we owned the house she could do and have things however she wanted but now that we don't own it we have to abide by the landlord which she does not understand.  I nicely tried to tell her about the basement as well as her room (which she has things stacked up along her walls like a fortress with extension cords lined up the whazoo, which again, is a fire hazard!  She of course thinks nothing of it.  ::) OG Hmong folks mang, hoarders like mad crazy!  :idiot2: Funny though, bc I say all this and as i was cleaning, rearranging, and organizing her stuff last night--i looked to throw things out but felt bad doing it.  I didn't want to throw everything away (though it would be a good thing i also know the more room u make the more she's going to find something to fill up the space with) but kept what i thought was in good condition and what she had dups up.  Luckily she only saw the first few things i threw in the garbage pile.  If she came and saw all that i had collected (8 huge garbags bags worth) she'd probably yell at me (that i didn't love her and was being mean) and would have gone through and kept a good 2/3 of it. 

Sadly, we're just getting started.  Gotta do it though--as I told her.  "If you don't like it then do you not want to live in here anymore?  They will evict us if we don't do what they say.  Remember, it's not our house anymore--if we want to live here then we must do what they tell us."  She didn't want to hear what I had to say but knowing that she didn't say anything she knew I was right.  Usually when my mom and I "talk" she's always going off on me and yelling at me (yes, we have THAT kind of a relationship--we always have) but this time she didn't say much other than having a stinky face bc not only was I right but she had to get rid of her crap.  LOL As much as we don't get along I am more sensitive to her than my brother.  I wanted to break the news to her as nice and rational as I could instead of having him talk to her.  What would he have done?  "Mom, lawv kom koj muab koj cov khoom pov tseg na.  Sw sw tsev lawv tsis nyiam na".....and two days later after she comes home from work she'd find that he tossed everything out (not out back in the garbage--he'd take it to a dumpster so she wouldn't be able to drag it back to the house).  He's done it before and she was devastated.  I'm not that cruel--even if he was right.  There's a nice and simple way to do things w/o making others feel like crap.  My brother is very cut-throat....he's usually right but his execution is very cut-throat. Oh well. Good thing I got to her first.     

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:57:02 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Wi_sweetguy

« Reply #835 on: April 17, 2014, 11:32:23 PM »
Congrats on going for your masters.  I hope everything works out and you do the best you can.  I know those students you helped will be proud of you.  I know I will.  I enjoyed hearing about from you.  Have a good night.

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 18, 2014, 02:11:30 AM »
Congrats on going for your masters.  I hope everything works out and you do the best you can.  I know those students you helped will be proud of you.  I know I will.  I enjoyed hearing about from you.  Have a good night.
awww, thanks wisg.  i'd like to think they r proud....thoug h i'm doing this for me this is also for "them".  it's ez for me to tell them to go to school but i, 2, should be taking my own advice and furthering my education as well.  lead by example.  I, too, hope and wish for the best (and eventually some calmness and sanity) as I will need it in the coming months and for the next few years.  it won't be ez but can't let that stop me, right?

thanks for taking time to see wassup w lil ole me.  n yes, have a good night.  i'm off to bed now too.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 21, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »
work has been so boring lately.  oh, kill me! ::)

i have yet to order my books for grad school.  yeah, i'm waiting to hear from other students who may lend me their books...but so far the two girls I've asked said they have older editions of the books I'll need...so i guess it sounds like i'll have to purchase all my books. blah.  can't believe i start classes in about three weeks!  eeek! :o

the weather has been wonderful lately!  :)

hrrmmm....fish ing was fun on sat with my brother.  nyab of course sat in the car...i don't understand y ppl go just to sit in the car. ::)  i need to get my fishing license though.  Yeah, I know...i need to get it.

wow, in just a week or so april will be over with and it'll be may already.  wow, we're almost half way through 2014! 

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 23, 2014, 02:27:03 PM »
is it sad to say that last nights' chat was the liveliest night i've had in a long time?  ???  :D

thanks to all who contributed. O0

gotta drive an hour out today for tutoring and some advising.  fun eh? (no, not really.)  I don't care for the drive.  oddly, i like to drive when i have a lot on my mind or on road trips (minus driving in the dark, on bridges over big bodies of water, or really windy roads--eek!  rhiab rhiab pob tw li!

well, i've got one book down from my list of textbooks for grad school--4 more to get.

it's suppose to rain today--i like rain, but not when i'm driving.

can u believe it's wednesday already?  i had to think twice about what day it was this morning. yeah, it's one of those days.  but i have to work this sat anyway...so blah.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

aboo

« Reply #839 on: April 23, 2014, 05:15:07 PM »
I'm just happy you are getting your classes and books in check girlie ;)

I check the library for some of my books so I don't have to pay for them.  I've gone a few classes without having to buy any books.  I totally understand about the money for textbooks ::)

Advertisements