Advertisement

Author Topic: luvly....is she really?  (Read 227483 times)

minorcharacter

Re: luvly....is she really?
« Reply #870 on: May 16, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »
It's been really helpful in helping me choose my makeup.  Teehee

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
  • ...luv me or hate me...
  • Respect: +267
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »
It's been really helpful in helping me choose my makeup.  Teehee
Good.  I'm glad u found it useful. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2014, 02:35:36 AM »
yep, it's friday night...2:30am and what am i doing?  on my laptop reading my course outline and going over my second syllabus for grad school.  i've finished updating my profile or editing it and now i've gone through and read introductions of 5 of my cohorts.  *sigh* Now having read their writings I'm not nervous at all.  They were so informal (some even with grammatical and spelling errors).  We're asked to introduce ourselves....w hat r undergrad and school was and where we went, why we want to go back to school, our goals, expectations, and fears in our program.  thus far, it sounds like many of us will have the same fear(s)--how to balance life, work, and school in addition to writing papers.  LOL :D 

so yeah, i'm taking a break from my reading.  I should be done by 3:30 the latest.  That's all the hw for now at least.  I have some videos and articles to read in addition to the reading from my textbooks (which I went ahead and organized with sticky notes of due dates).  I think these three classes will be easier than I thought.  Again, it's more about me managing my time.  The online "participation" is no different than me coming on ph and writing here.  LOL so in ways, i'm feeling a lot better about school and less stressed.  if only my face would show that.  (yeah, i'm breaking out again! eeekk!!!)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2014, 03:31:29 AM »
i c many guests r up late.

i find it funny and a lil flattering ya'll want to be reading my daily thoughts...... this late on a friday night.  but hey, no one's stopping u. 8) O0

hope it is fascinating or serves of some service for u. :)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2014, 05:03:52 AM »
OK, finally done.  it took longer than i had wanted it to....but at least i finished it.  i'm tired now (though, the birds r already chirping outside my window) and though i have about four chapters of reading to do i'll save it for tomorrow...i mean later. 99 phers.....n trolls. ;)

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 18, 2014, 04:04:28 PM »
Taking a break from hw to do my laundry. Had to. I was running out of clothes mang! :o

So i finished all my reading about an hour ago only to get an email from my prof of the third syllabus which i have two chapters to read n two articles to read. Urgh, more reading! ::) that n my two discussion posts to do. Technically they're not do til mon n wed but i want to get it done w so i don't have to worry bout them during the work week.

This is the life eh? Though i'm trying to stay afloat i feel if i don't stay on top of my reading n take time out for school n myself i will most def burn out. No one wants that! Nah ah.

I was proud of myself bc i declined going fishing w my bro for the mechanics of APA writing style and the study of rentention w college students. I think the girls were disappointed i didn't go out for drinks w them last night too. However, this is something that they will need to understand. My time is limited n i will have to make some sacrifices whether i want to or like to or not. It's nothing personal--it just is.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:43:12 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »
y am I here?  i'm tired as fawk and i should be and really want to be working on school work.  wow, who knew i'd actually want to work on homework?  LOL :D

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:57 PM »
Yay, after a long day/night of working on my first (real) writing assignment I turned it in this morning and my prof responded back w/n 10 mins!

Oh, Lisa - FANTASTIC post.  I know some of us are huge fans of Upward Bound, and others perhaps didn't hear about it until you introduced yourself to the group.  Thank you for describing how the competencies are evident in your work with UB.  You are like the hall director, academic advisor, career placement officer, activities staff, orientation and family programs staff, all wrapped up in one!  You'll have to let us know if you have any needs from us as you move into the summer season, which I know can be supremely busy......

She said other things but it was more relevant to my hw assignment and questions...ya dda yadda. 

Perhaps I should give some kudos to ph as well.  After being on here for so many years navigating and utilizing the online class is very similar to the forum here.  While many in my cohort r having difficulty navigating (as well understanding course material--more so writing context than anything) I'm zooming around asking questions like it's my job!  LOL ;D ;D ;D

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: May 21, 2014, 11:21:18 PM »
life is crazy.....very hectic and bz.  trying to stay afloat.  fortunately enough, i'm doing rather well.  yay! O0

could go for a nice beer now. *sigh* yeah.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 22, 2014, 01:09:39 PM »
first week of school has been ok.  i've been logged on just about everyday checking to see what everybody has to say.  it's been kind of fun--surprisingly enough.  i've got reading for next week to do--need to do that tonight and tomorrow.

blah, i had a huge pimple on my nose which i of course popped.  (NEVER do that!)  i can't keep my fingers to myself which makes it worse.  so yesterday as well as today i had to put on makeup since i felt like rudolph-yet again. ::) 

i had planned to go to the gym right after work today but realized that i have an interview this afternoon around 4.  hopefully it doesn't take long so i can go around 6:30 at the least.  i want to get home early so i can start my reading.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:17 PM »
since i've started grad school this week it's been crazy.  i've been busy like no other but oddly enough i've been pretty good with time management and getting all that i need to done.  wow, who'd of thought if i just jam pack my schedule i'd be more organized?  bwwaaahahahaha h!  though it may be stressful i'm surprised and delighted that i've been staying afloat. 

i shouldn't be gloating about this though....as i know the storm will be soon approaching as camp is just around the corner and soon enough u'll c my post about death!  LOL  :-\ ;D :D ;D :D ;D

yes, i did go to the gym yesterday....s o glad i went too. O0

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 27, 2014, 10:52:15 PM »
Oh, in case u r here reading.....ju st a FYI....all ****s look the same to me too. ::) 8)

Done with the first week of classes and got my "progress report".  My prof responded (it's the same prof for my three classes I'm taking right now):

Excellent, excellent work.  You have amazing experiences and insights.  I appreciate your willingness to share the joys and challenges of your work - framed in the context of course readings - and not intimidating to those in the group with less professional experience.  So happy to have you in this program and can't wait to meet you in person!

and in another class:

Outstanding work.  I hope the focus on your interpersonal helping skills is a nice contrast to the bigger picture we're studying in SAA 700 and 720.  You did exactly what I asked in these discussions - balancing being vulnerable/sharing with demonstrating knowledge gleaned from the readings. 

in the last class:

EXCELLENT work, Lisa.  I wonder if you want to do your research on the correlation between diverse faculty/staff and the success of diverse students?  You would find plenty of research that demonstrates the value of diversifying our work force.  In discussions this week, you did a good job of showing your understanding of the course materials, and a GREAT job of questioning data, sharing opinions, and generally making-meaning with your peers.  Keep up the wonderful work!

I often find myself questioning what it is that my prof is asking of my cohort and I but this just confirms that I am doing a good job.  Now I have to maintain this momentum and pray that once camp starts I'm not going to fall behind.  That's the last thing I want.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:40:10 PM by luvlylisa »

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 28, 2014, 03:40:53 PM »
working on my last assignment for the week.  yep, a summary which is due at midnight! Eekk!!!

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

Offline luvlylisa

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 01, 2014, 06:45:46 PM »
After several years I finally upgraded my phone.

Starting my third week of grad school it's been interesting to say the least, but I'm glad that I'm doing this. This resource review is kicking me in the butt.

可爱的丽莎。。。爱我还是恨我

zena

« Reply #884 on: June 06, 2014, 02:10:24 PM »
Wow...just yesterday you were talking about applying...it seems.  Glad you've started your new journey.  :)

Advertisements