Advertisement

Author Topic: :)  (Read 2732 times)

Lady_Fallin

:)
« on: December 20, 2010, 12:57:03 PM »
I remember a professor once said shorter poems make the best impact.  Revise this poem into a more simple, and powerful poem.  Feel free to delete, or add. :)

First Round:

My neighbor’s lawn is lusty green, ridden of rainbow’s hues, and golden sparks.  Mine lies beside it: an entangled jungle of blues, and the Lion’s Tooth.  I get the feeling that my neighbor despises the lack of manicure for my lawn, though.  But, I found beauty in the way the weeds wiggled their prevalent souls out of the dirt, portraying proses and poetry, staging sassy psalms of survival. “See me shine between this sea of emeralds.  See weedy me thrive between your beloved.  I’m beautiful too! I shall live!” They echoed…

So, I kept them from dying.   

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

evil_me

Re: :)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:33:03 AM »
too many details, i can't see anything :knuppel2:

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »
I remember a professor once said shorter poems make the best impact.  Revise this poem into a more simple, and powerful poem.  Feel free to delete, or add. :)

First Round:

My neighbor’s lawn is lusty green, ridden of rainbow’s hues, and golden sparks.  Mine lies beside it: an entangled jungle of blues, and the Lion’s Tooth.  I get the feeling that my neighbor despises the lack of manicure for my lawn, though.  But, I found beauty in the way the weeds wiggled their prevalent souls out of the dirt, portraying proses and poetry, staging sassy psalms of survival. “See me shine between this sea of emeralds.  See weedy me thrive between your beloved.  I’m beautiful too! I shall live!” They echoed…

Beyond my green, there lies a flora of rainbow
My various shades of verde, an uncultivated show
It spites and contradicts the norm adjacent
Yet beauty in its own way thats magnificent

The hardy weed is symbolic of my nature
Like myself, I have my own culture
I live today much like how the weed start
I know how I appreciate the beauty of art

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »
too many details, i can't see anything :knuppel2:

That is the point.  Now, you fix it. :D

SV1985

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 08:23:35 AM »

First Round:

My neighbor's lawn sing songs
his glaring eyes sends evil rays at mines
I keep watering
My weeds laugh at him

SV1985

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:24:29 AM »
tell e if u like it ; )

Lady_Fallin

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:20:13 PM »
My neighbor's lawn sing songs
his glaring eyes sends evil rays at mines
I keep watering
My weeds laugh at him

Wow! I like it. Very powerful, and gets the message across. :)  I like the comedy, too. :D

evil-in-deed

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »
First Round:

my neighbor's lawn, town's golden prize...
the jungle side, of which mine lies...
is just as nice, within my eyes...

Advertisements