Advertisement

Author Topic: iPad 2  (Read 2773 times)

employing_wings

iPad 2
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
Was thinking of purchasing the iPad 2 and was wondering what people thought of it and what people thought of the iPad 1. Its a big purchase and I've read PCMag and CNET but I need real users to give me their thoughts.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Eyedumgai

Re: iPad 2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »
I don't have one now but I wanted to get one for the kids to play with so they don't mess with my phone. Kids are smart these days. You give them a toy laptop or one of those V-Tech storybook readers and they just chuck it away and go back to your expensive electronics...

So I'm most likely going to get one for them.

employing_wings

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 12:06:57 AM »
I don't have one now but I wanted to get one for the kids to play with so they don't mess with my phone. Kids are smart these days. You give them a toy laptop or one of those V-Tech storybook readers and they just chuck it away and go back to your expensive electronics...

So I'm most likely going to get one for them.

Yeah I'm such a parent too. That's what triggered me to want to get one. I thought about my kids playing with the new crayola app! LOL

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 03:37:16 AM »
When I have kids, they're not going to have ipads and what not, I'm going to make them stay out in the yard and play stuff like football basketball soccer just anything. 

I dont want obese kids.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

incutebus

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:40 AM »
Use your money on something better than a product that is basically the same thing... but with a new hat.

employing_wings

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 02:32:12 PM »
Use your money on something better than a product that is basically the same thing... but with a new hat.

It wouldn't be the same thing to me cause I don't currently have the iPad 1.

employing_wings

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »
When I have kids, they're not going to have ipads and what not, I'm going to make them stay out in the yard and play stuff like football basketball soccer just anything. 

I dont want obese kids.

Well, if you want you're kids to be able to compete technically with the outside world, you will need them to use computers and whatnot.

employing_wings

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 07:55:17 PM »
Uncle HPA just got the original iPad(s) for my nieces as Christmas gifts a few months ago.  Great educational devices with very robust apps for learning purposes.   O0  Got them the WiFi models only.

iPad 2?  Looks like fun.   O0

Thanks! I have the iPhone and its the most used device I own. I know some folks are not impressed with the technology and they can say what they want, but its really the convenience and the user friendliness of it that makes it my favorite device. I'm hoping that the iPad will be a big hit in my family as the iPhone was. Unfortunately, hard to get my hands on an iPad 2 right now, but I'm in no hurry. I know I'll use it more than my laptop, that's for sure.

N`Chync

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »
iPad 2 great device even if u already have the first. Why do people expect more from a upgrade? In a successful product this year's model is much different from last incarnations which is why they're easily identified as the product. What almost always get is better performance.

The iPad is a great device even tho I would never get one because I have a iPhone 4 and llannon getting the iPhone 5 with the same A5 processor :) the iPad tho does everything well for the consumers. It's goes online with the easy to use touchscreen, it's a eReader, it plays games,  it's a camcorder, u can video chat. It's not for everyone but then again not everyone knows what they want.

I dont want obese kids.
Having a iPad doesn't make ur kid obese, food does. Plus plenty of fat kids play sports. I grew up on technology and video games but I also play in soccer leagues and basketball tournaments. Gotta have something to talk about when u playing sports and most the time it was about video games and technology :)

wolverine

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
ipad 3 with retina display..i'm waiting for that instead.

August Night

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 08:30:39 PM »
We bought 3 ipad2.  1 is 16GB wifi w/Verizon.  2 are 32GB wifi w/ATT.  We opened an acct with Verizon and using the Verizon one since they have a wider coverage area and the uploads/downloads are much faster.  Thinking about putting the other 2 on ebay.  So far, the ipad2 is sort of just a novelty for us right now.  I have my iphone4 so I haven't really found an interest in what the ipad2 can do.  From what I've seen, the camera quality sucks, my iphone can take better quality photos and Facetime is better on the iphone4.  Anyone who's owned an iphone or ipod, it's just basically the same except with a much larger screen.  My daughter uses it to watch netflix, online videos, facetime, and skype.  My husband is putting it to better use with his meetings.  He's using it to vpn or ssh to his workplace without getting the laptop out.  We also have the Huawei S7 tablets which is great for surfing and doing everything the ipad does and it can actually makes calls like a cell phone.  My husband LOVES gadgets, but I think these are all just expensive conveniences.  He could have taken me on a cruise instead.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
maybe one day when laptops have become obsolete...  :2funny:

Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

August Night

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
You selling iPad 2?

They're already sold. 

Advertisements