Advertisement

Author Topic: Where do I find strings for the classic guitar?  (Read 5834 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Where do I find strings for the classic guitar?
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:27:05 PM »
I've been told the strings are nylon. But I'm not sure where to find them.

I have two guitars: an acoustic that was given to me and a classic that I bought for $40.00. Both are new-looking. I just need strings for the classic guitar. The other one already has the 6 regular, metal strings.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 12:06:10 AM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

chingy-vang

Re: Where do I find strings for the classic guitar?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 10:17:53 PM »
anywhere that sell guitar strongs. Guitar Center or watever, just ask for nylon strings

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
anywhere that sell guitar strongs. Guitar Center or watever, just ask for nylon strings

Thanks. I'll go check some of the local music instrument stores then.

"...

chingy-vang

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 12:29:30 AM »
you have a youtube channel with that Guitar?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »
you have a youtube channel with that Guitar?

No, I don't. It's plain with no connectors of any sort. How do I get a youtuge channel for it?

At first, I didn't know it required nylon strings. So I was going to look for metal strings to match like the other one already had. But I bought a beginner's guitar book and it said a classic guitar uses nylon strings. hehe...at first I also thought the acoustic and the classic were not different from each other.

"...

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
Have you tried Guitar Center?

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »
Have you tried Guitar Center?

No. But after I've read you two's suggestions, I looked it up. There's one in Roseville close to me. There's one in Oakdale, too.

But, wow...those classical guitars are expensive!!

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:00:18 AM by Reporter »

"...

chingy-vang

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 12:14:24 PM »
No, I don't. It's plain with no connectors of any sort. How do I get a youtuge channel for it?

At first, I didn't know it required nylon strings. So I was going to look for metal strings to match like the other one already had. But I bought a beginner's guitar book and it said a classic guitar uses nylon strings. hehe...at first I also thought the acoustic and the classic were not different from each other.

lol, no i just meant do you have a Youtube channel where you post videos of yourself playing guitar? dont worry, i put metal strings on my first classical guitar also.  :)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
lol, no i just meant do you have a Youtube channel where you post videos of yourself playing guitar? dont worry, i put metal strings on my first classical guitar also.  :)

haha...no, not yet. Once I'm a bit more professional or something, I'll record myself and put it on youtube. Today, a girl called me and wanted me to go sing for her and her friends at one of those radio conferences. She and I have sung to each other before, but I told her I wasn't ready yet, too. Do you have a youtube video out? Let's see it!

How long have you had your classical guitar? I'm surprised I got mine for just $40.00. But those new ones at Guitar Center are like $300.00 up to $1,700.00 or so.

"...

chingy-vang

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 08:57:13 PM »
haha...no, not yet. Once I'm a bit more professional or something, I'll record myself and put it on youtube. Today, a girl called me and wanted me to go sing for her and her friends at one of those radio conferences. She and I have sung to each other before, but I told her I wasn't ready yet, too. Do you have a youtube video out? Let's see it!

How long have you had your classical guitar? I'm surprised I got mine for just $40.00. But those new ones at Guitar Center are like $300.00 up to $1,700.00 or so.

yea I just play on my cousin's channel "poorfamz". i've posted a few videos on here a few times but havent gotten the time to do more covers. ive been playing for about 2 years but ive kind of stopped playing now. to much COD lol

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
No. But after I've read you two's suggestions, I looked it up. There's one in Roseville close to me. There's one in Oakdale, too.

But, wow...those classical guitars are expensive!!

There's also one in Sac (Arden) as well.  I had a friend who worked there a while back; was able to buy stuff for me for CHEAP.  Well, cheaper than they would normally be.  It's a fun store to be in. 

kyrie_eleison

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »
I don't care for Classic Guitar, personally.  The music is too precise and there's not a lot of room for creativity. 

chingy-vang

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »
I don't care for Classic Guitar, personally.  The music is too precise and there's not a lot of room for creativity. 

same here, i prefer the sharp sound of steel as opposed to plastic. also classical guitar have some strict ass rules; no left thumb over guitar neck, can't use right pinky, gotta play with guitar rested on lap, etc. but i love the music though

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
yea I just play on my cousin's channel "poorfamz". i've posted a few videos on here a few times but havent gotten the time to do more covers. ive been playing for about 2 years but ive kind of stopped playing now. to much COD lol

:2funny:

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 06:53:09 PM »
There's also one in Sac (Arden) as well.  I had a friend who worked there a while back; was able to buy stuff for me for CHEAP.  Well, cheaper than they would normally be.  It's a fun store to be in. 

Yeah, I understand. Whenever I go into a music store, I always enjoy looking around at the variety of things they have there.

"...

Advertisements