Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)  (Read 227055 times)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 09:04:36 AM »
***Stay on track***

Interesting how this Thread has gone downhill... All, please keep this clean. I started this thread in hopes of really helping those like me that have a geniune interest in Laos culture. Please start another thread, if you so desire.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:58 AM »
Dude..I know who you is..now.   I saw you  in a 3 piece suit on a hot azzed day with dark glasses  8) and carrying a metallic suit case, at the New Year.  I had great admiration, everybody thought you was someone very important!  O0 O0   j/k...no, seriously  ;)

anyways..Laos & Thailand...the best times of anyone's life if they ever get to go.  Next year's plans are in place..taking my mom to re-do her trek, while escaping mortars and capture during the flee from Laos to Thailand.  Of course this time..I will be the one carrying her and without the dangers. 

Enjoy!

Mr. President-

What an awesome thing to do for your mother... I envy you! As a kid, my parents used to tell us kids stories of how they escaped from Laos into Thailand. But to actually go back and retrace her steps, to walk every trail they walked on, to see every river they crossed and to rest under every tree they slept near. That's awesome. WOW!

Please keep a log and let us know how it goes...

focker

« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »
Didn't see this thread until now...I will be in Laos, LAV52 area Nov 4 to Nov 22.  Those that are going around the same time, maybe we can meet up for a 'tea date'?

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:10 PM »
Didn't see this thread until now...I will be in Laos, LAV52 area Nov 4 to Nov 22.  Those that are going around the same time, maybe we can meet up for a 'tea date'?

Today is the 2nd already and you're leaving on the 4th.  Could have told me earlier and maybe I can have my only uncle (my mom only sibling/brother) in Lav52 buy me some stuffs and you can bring it to back to me.  Have fun and take some picture and share later when you come back and be on the safe side and don't do anything stupid/regretful over there.........

Mr. President-

What an awesome thing to do for your mother... I envy you! As a kid, my parents used to tell us kids stories of how they escaped from Laos into Thailand. But to actually go back and retrace her steps, to walk every trail they walked on, to see every river they crossed and to rest under every tree they slept near. That's awesome. WOW!

Please keep a log and let us know how it goes...

My  husband if he ever go to Laos it just to retrace his life back in Saraboury too.  He saw a video during New Year at one of the booth and someone went to that same place where he grew up and from the look of everything with no houses, just plain dirt road, etc.  My husband can still recalled everything that was along those road, area, etc.  I told him you must be older than you are to recalled such good details of everything in that video even though the video just captured empty area.........

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »

It would be great but as we know it, the country has changed a lot since we've arrived her in the USA. There might still only be a few houses that is standing. It would be much different if you were to traveled to some secluded place (part of the laos) where it has not become city like.. like in the npa naw area (Sorry, I hope I spell this right)..hahaha.

I know that when our cousins went back to Laos and took some videos. Some of the places still standing. My parents were able to still recognize their old garden. Some trails are still there but pretty much everything has changed within the 30 years.

That would be funny Sweet Tears.... I am sure alot has changed in 30 years... Like "Oh Crap... see that house and kitchen there, my son,  WELL, that used to be where our bathroom stood, I remember taking dumps there!" :2funny:

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:17 PM »

Unfortunately. .. I will not be there til the beginning of December... Sorry bud, next time. Have a safe trip.

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47:38 PM »

Only if you remembered the landscape. Otherwise, you will never be able to find your old house. LOL But the old folks.. they do not know the roadmap, instead... they remembered..th ings like "Our house used to be by this one big tree next to some papaya".. LOL I can't believe you... hahahaha.... talking about dump.  :2funny:

The movie we have that my husband point out everything.... ..the landscape is the same but just missing houses, vendor booth, etc. but he can still picture everything.  So unless someone can still picture the same landscape they will remember a little of everything. 

At least you know where you was born or area your parent live.......... ...I don't even know about myself at all.  I do know that my mom always refer us to the Hmong in Xieng Khoung???  Were more known as Hmong Xeev..........

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2012, 05:56:26 PM »
Unfortunately... I will not be there til the beginning of December... Sorry bud, next time. Have a safe trip.

I just heard my bil is going again this year and just purchase his ticket but my husband forgot to asked him what date he's leaving.  His wife told me that if he go again this time she is going to officially leave him but we'll see if she really does have the gut to do it because no one can get through him.  Last year when he took off she move out and got a place of her own for almost 4-6 months and came back to live with him again and now this again......... My sil said he'll be on the phone with girl in Laos and will only speak the White dialect for hours.  I told my husband if his brother screw up then forget him because in the future if there is ever anything he need help or whatever he can forget about us and that my husband better just tell him to asked his other friends who are in the same situation as him for help.......... ..  I don't know why my bil is doing this to my sil.  He never was the one to tell her to leave or move out on her own she did it and came back on her own will.........s o.........

baddabing

« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »
I just heard my bil is going again this year and just purchase his ticket but my husband forgot to asked him what date he's leaving.  His wife told me that if he go again this time she is going to officially leave him but we'll see if she really does have the gut to do it because no one can get through him.  Last year when he took off she move out and got a place of her own for almost 4-6 months and came back to live with him again and now this again......... My sil said he'll be on the phone with girl in Laos and will only speak the White dialect for hours.  I told my husband if his brother screw up then forget him because in the future if there is ever anything he need help or whatever he can forget about us and that my husband better just tell him to asked his other friends who are in the same situation as him for help.......... ..  I don't know why my bil is doing this to my sil.  He never was the one to tell her to leave or move out on her own she did it and came back on her own will.........s o.........

once your husband starts going off to Loas with or without your permission you might as well file for divorce, unless you don't mind him treating you like a dirt bag.  It's even worst if he goes there to have sex with the prostitutes and then comes back and sleeps with you again.

i know of many guys who does this to their wives and I feel very sorri for their wives for taking it.  I hope i don't do the same to my wife too later on in life. :)

and som of theses women r smart people,,,but i think theyre afraid of divorce n being alone or wat ever so they jus put up n stayed on.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 01:39:08 AM by baddabing »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »
once your husband starts going off to Loas with or without your permission you might as well file for divorce, unless you don't mind him treating you like a dirt bag.  It's even worst if he goes there to have sex with the prostitutes and then comes back and sleeps with you again.

i know of many guys who does this to their wives and I feel very sorri for their wives for taking it.  I hope i don't do the same to my wife too later on in life. :)

and som of theses women r smart people,,,but i think theyre afraid of divorce n being alone or wat ever so they jus put up n stayed on.

True some of them are just afraid to leave.  It take a lot of gut to get up and leave without looking back.  My sil is a good person but her husband is all about Thailand and Laos.  Went to Thailand 2x and Laos last year and Laos again this month.  The 1st time he went to Thailand she just bought a ticket and went at the last minute. Trip was suppose to be 1 month but they came back in 2 1\2 weeks.  Just said it was boring.  The following year he had to make sure to go alone.  They been  having problem but he just don't tell her to leave but more like the door is open.

My husband is very different and he doesn't care about Thailand or Laos as a vacation.  If he ever go then it just to see his birthplace and retraced his life in Laos.  My husband did go to Thailand for 1 week with his oldest brother but only stay in Bangkok.  I was not happy with him going but at the same time I couldn't haha about it because my bil need his help with paperwork to bring his young bride home.  My bil paid for the plane ticket.  Everyone would say I'm evil for accusing or talking nonsense to my husband if it did happen.  I just left it alone and no matter what he shared about the trip, people he met, etc.........I just ignore it.

I know many who has good wife or husband but they screw up.  One cousin of my husband his wife divorce him.  He found a new wife in Laos.  He want my husband to help bring his wife here.  I won't let my husband ever put himself in that situation otherwise I would said he support what they are doing.  That cousin even said that at the end if he can't bring her then he want my husband to do it and said she's his fiance.  I was not there when he said those words otherwise I will tell him I'm not happy at all for him disrespecting me like that..........  He hasn't contact us lately about his situation otherwise I will tell him straight out about how I feel and that he's not going to bother my husband cosigning..... ....  This cousin when his wife divorce him.  They had 30k but he won't give her 10k.  He got all the money.  When he was talking to us he said he spend 20k in Laos already and have nothing left.  No job so that why he want my husband help.  My oldest bil that my husband help cosign......He spend 20k too.  His Thailand wife is so evil that there are time he bring up how much he wasted on her.  He got himself in the mess and no one drag him there.

baddabing

« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2012, 01:35:27 AM »
True some of them are just afraid to leave.  It take a lot of gut to get up and leave without looking back.  My sil is a good person but her husband is all about Thailand and Laos.  Went to Thailand 2x and Laos last year and Laos again this month.  The 1st time he went to Thailand she just bought a ticket and went at the last minute. Trip was suppose to be 1 month but they came back in 2 1\2 weeks.  Just said it was boring.  The following year he had to make sure to go alone.  They been  having problem but he just don't tell her to leave but more like the door is open.

My husband is very different and he doesn't care about Thailand or Laos as a vacation.  If he ever go then it just to see his birthplace and retraced his life in Laos.  My husband did go to Thailand for 1 week with his oldest brother but only stay in Bangkok.  I was not happy with him going but at the same time I couldn't haha about it because my bil need his help with paperwork to bring his young bride home.  My bil paid for the plane ticket.  Everyone would say I'm evil for accusing or talking nonsense to my husband if it did happen.  I just left it alone and no matter what he shared about the trip, people he met, etc.........I just ignore it.

I know many who has good wife or husband but they screw up.  One cousin of my husband his wife divorce him.  He found a new wife in Laos.  He want my husband to help bring his wife here.  I won't let my husband ever put himself in that situation otherwise I would said he support what they are doing.  That cousin even said that at the end if he can't bring her then he want my husband to do it and said she's his fiance.  I was not there when he said those words otherwise I will tell him I'm not happy at all for him disrespecting me like that..........  He hasn't contact us lately about his situation otherwise I will tell him straight out about how I feel and that he's not going to bother my husband cosigning..... ....  This cousin when his wife divorce him.  They had 30k but he won't give her 10k.  He got all the money.  When he was talking to us he said he spend 20k in Laos already and have nothing left.  No job so that why he want my husband help.  My oldest bil that my husband help cosign......He spend 20k too.  His Thailand wife is so evil that there are time he bring up how much he wasted on her.  He got himself in the mess and no one drag him there.

Tell your husband to never support these idiots to bring their wives/fiancee's over here, unless it's really for a good reason.  The reasons you mentioned are fukk up and wrong reasons, let them deal with it themselves.

It gets very out of control for these married men to get involved with girls from over there.  It's no different to getting involved with drugs...girls over there are young/pretty and will treat them very very nice especially over the phone.  what 40 or 50 or even 60 year old guys can refuse that?

Truth is most of the girls there don't even like these married old man, they just sucked it up for a better life and to get money.  From what i've heard personally from some girls over there, these old farts over here sends them a lot of money, not 40 or 50 bucks but a couple of hundreds at a time becus these old farts what to impress the girls and don't want them disappointed.. .I guess we can also conclude they are desperate for these younger girls.  95% of these girls  from over there will never see that kind of money in a whole year.  Folks living in vientaine and working 9 to 5 decent paying jobs only earn up to 1 hundred dollars in a month.

If you support a person's wrong doing then you're not much better than them. ;)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:14:03 PM by baddabing »

baddabing

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 01:55:01 AM »
these married men and old farts going oversea are crazy and out of their minds, don't support them let them take care of their own stupidity.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
Tell your husband to never support these idiots to bring their wives/fiancee's over here, unless it's really for a good reason.  The reasons you mentioned are fukk up and wrong reasons, let them deal with it themselves.

It gets very out of control for these married men to get involved with girls from over there.  It's no different to getting involved with drugs...girls over there are young/pretty and will treat them very very nice especially over the phone.  what 40 or 50 or even 60 year old guys can refuse that?

Truth is most of the girls there don't even like these married old man, they just sucked it up for a better life and to get money.  From what i've heard personally from some girls over there, these old farts over here sends them a lot of money, not 40 or 50 bucks but a couple of hundreds at a time becus these old farts what to impress the girls and don't want them disappointed.. .I guess we can also conclude they are desperate for these younger girls.  95% of these girls  from over there will never see that kind of money in a whole year.  Folks living in vientaine and working 9 to 5 decent paying jobs only earn up to hundred bucks in a month.

All,

I don’t mean to be unsympathetic to your cause and I would be lying if I say I have not heard of these problems before…

But this is much more than a “Laos” issue; this is a universal issue with cheating husbands and wives. To say Laos is to be blamed for everything would be wrong and untrue. If your husband or your wife is going to cheat… he or she will cheat on you, no matter which country or economic situation they are in. Bad people will do bad things. To drive down a point, it’s like blaming guns for killing people. NO, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Yes, it is true that guns make it much easier to kill, but the point is people will do what they want to do.

If these people are willing to cheat on you if they vacation in Laos or Thailand, what makes you think they have NOT cheated on you here? What’s going to stop them from cheating altogether? My guess is that prior to going to Laos or Thailand, he/she already has it in his or her mind to do these things.

I see Laos for what it is; a place where I was born and where my parents grew up. I see Laos as a country with a rich and beautiful culture, as with many southeast asian countries; I see rice patties, hiking trails, street markets, street vendors, forgotten relatives, dirt roads and breath taking hillsides.

I have always been a half-glass full type of person… and to generalize Laos in such a negative view would be a dishonor to yourself. You would have missed out on too much beauty and culture.

With this said, can everyone please stay on track. This thread is really for those who are interested in going to Laos for cultural and historical purposes… to enjoy the land, it’s culture, to reconnect with forgotten relatives, see what it means when people say “that’s how we used to live” and nothing more. Again, please contribute but please stay on track.

Thank you,

LHG

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:08:48 AM by LonelyHmgGuy »

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »

Truth is most of the girls there don't even like these married old man, they just sucked it up for a better life and to get money.  From what i've heard personally from some girls over there, these old farts over here sends them a lot of money, not 40 or 50 bucks but a couple of hundreds at a time becus these old farts what to impress the girls and don't want them disappointed.. .I guess we can also conclude they are desperate for these younger girls.  95% of these girls  from over there will never see that kind of money in a whole year.  Folks living in vientaine and working 9 to 5 decent paying jobs only earn up to hundred bucks in a month.

My bil that went is going back to Laos this month.  He made fun of those other cousins that went there and already got wife but none of the wife came is here yet.  When he was telling us how dumb they are and everything.  I almost wanted to tell him.......he's no better than them because he's doing the same.  My sil was telling me how he would be on the phone trying to be another person when in the US he's nothing special.  He would be on the phone with them for hours speaking the White dialect when were all Green.

True....... I don't support anyone in this situation help bringing their lover to the US.  They need to do it on their own.  For my oldest bil........it really sound like my husband didn't have a choice but to help because his brother did have a job and everything but his income would not support his 6 kids, him and the new wife so my husband had to cosign but at the same time my bil is kind of illiterate so will depend on my husband for every document.  Every piece of document came to our house and not his......my husband pretty much just did everything.  The bil biggest mistake is that he should have just look for someone in the US instead of a young bride.  His divorce is not because of him but his ex-wife screwing a Mev.  Ex-wife took 2 kids while he got 6 of them.  Of course a new young bride is not going to love her stepkids who are just 2-5 year younger than her in age.  She only been here for 7 year and she got problem and drama all the time. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
these married men and old farts going oversea are crazy and out of their minds, don't support them let them take care of their own stupidity.

Right now were not just talking about those old fart.  We got a lot of them people who are in their early and mid 30's doing the same stuff.  A month ago went to a distant cousin house for their New Year thing.  My husband point out to me that the lady in the black high boot all dress up is a 2nd wife to that guy that was just sitting down talking to us.  I'm like.........  Like my husband said many that married their wife from Thailand and Laos......just the look and appearance there is plenty of them here in the US and no need for those 2 country.  If they find one that is very hot, sexy and pretty then it be a big "Wow" and no disappointment ........ 

All,

I don’t mean to be unsympathetic to your cause and I would be lying if I say I have not heard of these problems before…

But this is much more than a “Laos” issue; this is a universal issue with cheating husbands and wives. To say Laos is to be blamed for everything would be wrong and untrue. If your husband or your wife is going to cheat… he or she will cheat on you, no matter which country or economic situation they are in. Bad people will do bad things. To drive down a point, it’s like blaming guns for killing people. NO, guns don’t kill people, people kill people. Yes, it is true that guns make it much easier to kill, but the point is people will do what they want to do.

If these people are willing to cheat on you if they vacation in Laos or Thailand, what makes you think they have NOT cheated on you here? What’s going to stop them from cheating altogether? My guess is that prior to going to Laos or Thailand, he/she already has it in his or her mind to do these things.

I see Laos for what it is; a place where I was born and where my parents grew up. I see Laos as a country with a rich and beautiful culture, as with many southeast asian countries; I see rice patties, hiking trails, street markets, street vendors, forgotten relatives, dirt roads and breath taking hillsides.

I have always been a half-glass full type of person… and to generalize Laos in such a negative view would be a dishonor to yourself. You would have missed out on too much beauty and culture.

With this said, can everyone please stay on track. This thread is really for those who are interested in going to Laos for cultural and historical purposes… to enjoy the land, it’s culture, to reconnect with forgotten relatives, see what it means when people say “that’s how we used to live” and nothing more. Again, please contribute but please stay on track.

Thank you,

LHG

Sorry your thread is going off topic.  Its very common these day that everyone is traveling to Laos.  I have no problem when they are doing it in a good way but for some...... life is happy back home and better but they just want to seek trouble. 

Advertisements