Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)  (Read 227265 times)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)
« Reply #360 on: April 01, 2013, 04:57:53 PM »
cool bro, cool stories and cool pics and videos... Thank you for posting her in Ph land but you should have made a BLOG, would have been more of a private place for you to share your stories and pics from your journey

Hey Miles...

How have you been bro! Thanks for reading the stories... and I am only sharing only things I WANT to share. LOL.

Seriously, I have nothing important to hide.

LHG

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 01, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »
Dang.  That video really screwed Hmong reputation.

Oh...LHG, did May and you made it?

Hey Beautiful!!!

Keep reading... this movie is only starting! I hear the ending is going to be good. Stay tuned.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 01, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
Larger than life…

Emotionally, leaving None Hai was harder than I thought. Like many things in my life, something so simple turned into something complex and so wonderful. At first glance, my trip to None Hai was just a 4 day visit to see my aunt and uncle. But instead, luck intervened and I met a kind, intelligent and beautiful woman.  What happen to me in None Hai was certainly not expected or planned, but nonetheless, I welcome it. Life is funny like that sometimes, the best stories are the ones you didn’t plan and the best times are rarely ever scheduled.

To know someone is to walk a day in their shoes, I am told. With May, not only have we walked in each others shoes, but I am sure we have lived each other’s life before.

We all need someone in our life, someone who’s larger than life, and someone who’s almost a superhero, an unweaving figure who can withstand any adversity. We need someone who will take us by the hand and tell us everything is going to be ok, no matter how dark the storm ahead may be. For me, that person was my mother.  For May, there was no one. Everyone who has every touched her life has let her down. Her father is in jail, her mother is barely able to support her family, he ex-husband beat and tortured her, and her relatives abandoned her when her needed them the most. In essence, she is alone. I wanted to save May. I wanted her to feel safe and I wanted her to feel needed. I wanted to know she was going to be ok, because deep down inside, I wanted all those things for myself too.

I gave May a hug and said my goodbye. She handed me lunch, a boiled chicken and some rice, for my trip to KM52. (No tears though, May is also coming to KM52 in a few days, to visit her Grandmother…that’s right, she misses her grandmother! So what?!)

I was right about the thunderstorm from the night before. Because of the recent rain, leaving None Hai was not as dusty or hot, even the roads seemed a little less bumpy. We left my aunt’s house a little before 1:00 PM, she kept my cousin and I for as long as she could. I hate goodbyes personally. Even on my trip back to Laos, only my sister was allowed to drop me off at the airport. However, leaving None Hai was different and I knew it. I had no control over whom or how many people were going to come by. My worst fears were realized later that morning, it seemed like the whole village came to see us leave. I was fine, up until my aunt stated to cry and told me how much she was going to miss me, and suddenly a flood of emotions came rushing in. Tears streamed down my face as we climbed into the back of the truck.

My cousin and I did spoke very little on our way back to KM52; there wasn’t a tone of excitement in our voices like the days before, when we were coming to None Hai. Too much had happen and it was already too late in the day. We stopped at the same rest stop we had been a few days earlier. Only the day was different, the same people, the same vendors, and the same food and merchandises were there. Even the smell was the same. I exited the pickup truck and took a quick glance of the crowd nearby. Against all logic, I was hoping to see the young Hmong mother and her sick child again. They were still on my mind and I wonder how the boy was doing. I pray he is doing better wherever he may be.

We arrived in KM52 a little before 4:00 PM.

Talk to you all soon,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 01, 2013, 05:08:57 PM »
Alright LHG!!! Havent been back reading your blog for a while.  But you make me proud! I'm rooting for you and this girl May. :D  I visited None-Hai while i was in Laos too.  But most of my experience was only at the main market and a guesthouse nearby.  I was told there were plenty of pretty girls in Non-Hai, but i didnt even get the chance to see any while i was there. :(

I know how you're feeling bro.  Its the same exact feeling i had with this girl i met in Phonsavan.  Although we just met, it felt like we've already known each other for years already.  And her attitude, character and values were so attractive.  On the day i left, she made me boiled chicken and rice for my trip.  Her act of kindness set my heart trembling.

Speaking of traveling back, have you visited a town called Pak-Sa and Mueng Fueng that is in between None-Hai and KM52? The view of the Pak-Sa cliffs are breath taking.  Keep us posted!  And you should definitely go back to visit May!  Safe trip bro!

MenyuamHmoob - Good to hear from you... None Hai was cool.

My aunt lives in a small town call Puusan (not sure of the spelling) and we went to Phalueng and Pasaan. Mueng Fueng is just up the road and we did not make it there. Maybe next time.  I will be heading to Vang Vieng in a week, I hear the views from there is also pretty good.

LHG

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #364 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36:30 PM »
I enjoy reading your blog. It's like reading a book.

I'm sadden you had to leave May behind but hope you two can meet up when she visits her grandma in the next few days.

BTW, I have a feeling you left out some hot and juicy details between you and May. Do share.  ;D

boO

« Reply #365 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:44 PM »
*waits anxiously on update about may trip to vist LhG in KM52*

yoursunrise4ever

« Reply #366 on: April 02, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
LHG, I gues it was good that I didn't go with you huh? Otherwise, you would have not met May. Like the rest, I am anxiously waiting to hear of your re-connection with May.  :D ;)

NceegVaj

« Reply #367 on: April 02, 2013, 08:22:28 AM »
Larger than life…

Emotionally, leaving None Hai was harder than I thought. Like many things in my life, something so simple turned into something complex and so wonderful. At first glance, my trip to None Hai was just a 4 day visit to see my aunt and uncle. But instead, luck intervened and I met a kind, intelligent and beautiful woman.  What happen to me in None Hai was certainly not expected or planned, but nonetheless, I welcome it. Life is funny like that sometimes, the best stories are the ones you didn’t plan and the best times are rarely ever scheduled.

To know someone is to walk a day in their shoes, I am told. With May, not only have we walked in each others shoes, but I am sure we have lived each other’s life before.

We all need someone in our life, someone who’s larger than life, and someone who’s almost a superhero, an unweaving figure who can withstand any adversity. We need someone who will take us by the hand and tell us everything is going to be ok, no matter how dark the storm ahead may be. For me, that person was my mother.  For May, there was no one. Everyone who has every touched her life has let her down. Her father is in jail, her mother is barely able to support her family, he ex-husband beat and tortured her, and her relatives abandoned her when her needed them the most. In essence, she is alone. I wanted to save May. I wanted her to feel safe and I wanted her to feel needed. I wanted to know she was going to be ok, because deep down inside, I wanted all those things for myself too.

I gave May a hug and said my goodbye. She handed me lunch, a boiled chicken and some rice, for my trip to KM52. (No tears though, May is also coming to KM52 in a few days, to visit her Grandmother…that’s right, she misses her grandmother! So what?!)

I was right about the thunderstorm from the night before. Because of the recent rain, leaving None Hai was not as dusty or hot, even the roads seemed a little less bumpy. We left my aunt’s house a little before 1:00 PM, she kept my cousin and I for as long as she could. I hate goodbyes personally. Even on my trip back to Laos, only my sister was allowed to drop me off at the airport. However, leaving None Hai was different and I knew it. I had no control over whom or how many people were going to come by. My worst fears were realized later that morning, it seemed like the whole village came to see us leave. I was fine, up until my aunt stated to cry and told me how much she was going to miss me, and suddenly a flood of emotions came rushing in. Tears streamed down my face as we climbed into the back of the truck.

My cousin and I did spoke very little on our way back to KM52; there wasn’t a tone of excitement in our voices like the days before, when we were coming to None Hai. Too much had happen and it was already too late in the day. We stopped at the same rest stop we had been a few days earlier. Only the day was different, the same people, the same vendors, and the same food and merchandises were there. Even the smell was the same. I exited the pickup truck and took a quick glance of the crowd nearby. Against all logic, I was hoping to see the young Hmong mother and her sick child again. They were still on my mind and I wonder how the boy was doing. I pray he is doing better wherever he may be.

We arrived in KM52 a little before 4:00 PM.

Talk to you all soon,

LHG

YOu could write a book.  Most people can't express in writing like you.  I need this.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:22 AM »
I enjoy reading your blog. It's like reading a book.

I'm sadden you had to leave May behind but hope you two can meet up when she visits her grandma in the next few days.

BTW, I have a feeling you left out some hot and juicy details between you and May. Do share.  ;D

Sleepless... (pssssttt, don't tell anyone) It was a just made up story so she can come visit me. May doesn't really have a grandmother in KM52, hence, my sarcastic remark earlier.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 02, 2013, 10:14:17 AM »
*waits anxiously on update about may trip to vist LhG in KM52*

Hey Boo... I miss her. Hopefully she will be here soon.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 02, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
LHG, I gues it was good that I didn't go with you huh? Otherwise, you would have not met May. Like the rest, I am anxiously waiting to hear of your re-connection with May.  :D ;)
Sunrise... No worries. We're just good friends. Still trying to figure things out. I just hope she keeps her promise to come visit me. I will let you know.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 02, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
YOu could write a book.  Most people can't express in writing like you.  I need this.

Hey Beautiful... Thank you for the compliment. Hearing this from someone as pretty as you, it just makes my day!

Thank you,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 02, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
Good Evening from KM52

It was such a beautiful morning and I did not want to waste any of it waiting for our guests to arrive. So, I decided to put on my running shoes and run to meet the rising sun. Mornings in Laos are so special, and I know I will never do it justice by describing it to you here.

Just as the sun is about comes up, the air is mild, sweet and full of fragrance. A cool and damp breeze rushes by because of the humidity that’s in the air. There is a stillness and silence that exists only here and no where else, it is both calming and peaceful. A place void of car engines, freeways, factories, helicopters and police sirens. Instead, one can hear the cries of a new born baby wanting to be fed breakfast, birds chirping in the trees, dogs barking at school kids, chickens and roosters fighting for scraps of food and the voices and laughter of children coming from their houses. Smoke rises from every house and home, slowing climbing, as though pointing the way to heaven.

This morning I ran passed an old Buddhist temple, one of many temples that lines Route 13. A monk, sweeping the entrance of his temple, looked up as though to say hello. He smiled but did not speak. I passed an old man pushing a handcart full of firewood, on his way to the market. I pass a young boy, herding his cows to pasture, with a wooden stick in his hand. I passed a pond, with white and red water lilies appearing from under a cool mist that had formed overnight. I ran passed an old woman and her daughter, huddled in front of their fire, cooking the morning meal. All simple things, really, but all are still special and unique in their own way.

I came back to an already busy home; all the men have already gathered in the back of my aunt’s house, where the cow was to be butchered. The women, already busy washing vegetables, boiling water and making rice. And there were kids everywhere, talking, laughing and joyful. Everyone smiled and greeted me; I have never felt so special or needed in my life.

To be continued tomorrow. It has been a long day and I am tired.

LHG

SleeplessBeauty

« Reply #373 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Hey LHG, it'd be nice if you could share some pictures.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 02, 2013, 05:01:25 PM »
You write like one of my favorite writer "Nicholas Sparks". I enjoyed every bit of it. Good night!

Hey TH... thank you for the compliment, it's a pleasure to write for you all.

LHG

Advertisements