Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)  (Read 227066 times)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)
« Reply #405 on: April 12, 2013, 07:54:10 AM »
OMGEE!!!!

EeK!!!!

LHG and May sitting in a tree.. K I S S I N G!!

Sorry, I dont know what came over me..

* waits anxiously for further update*

LOL... sorry to keep you waiting. I did not get a chance to visit the internet cafe.

LHG

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 12, 2013, 07:56:42 AM »
LHG, if there's one thing that i regret not doing, it was taking the boat ride on the dam (aka. Pas Dej Tauv) and eating the food cooked there. :(  In your case, you can take May on that romantic boat ride while you and her have a candle light dinner!  O0

I'm guessing her only grandmother in KM52 was grandma LHG right? Lol.  Are you planing to go anywhere else other than KM52 and None Hai?

The Lake was really low and we thought the boat ride with dinner thing was just to "touristy", so we skip it. Maybe next time. We did visit the dam and drive around the lake a little. It is still very beautiful.

LOL... May does not have any relatives in KM52...

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 12, 2013, 07:57:42 AM »
awe.... how cute... here's a song for you and may...

thanks for the thought... but cant view this video in Laos. Maybe when I get back.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 12, 2013, 07:59:32 AM »
With all this mooshy talk of how great/fun Laos is, don't forget there is a dark side to it as well.

I know of some people both married/single who's lives are all ruined, both financially and emotionally because they kept going there year after year. 

Going to Laos is like exchanging your well being for fun.

No doubt... like all things in life, moderation is the word. Know your limits and have your morals. Bad people will ruin their life regardless of where they are or what they do.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 12, 2013, 08:06:17 AM »
A haze in everyone's future right now....

It is planting season in Laos and the whole country is engulfed in a haze, the kind you find in Los Angeles on a hot summer’s day. It’s hard to breath, it’s hard to see and it takes away from the beauty of this land.  Farmers everywhere from Luang Prabang to the north all the way down to Vientiane and beyond to the south, is cutting, clearing and burning land in preparation for rice planting. In a country where over 80 percent of the population still farms, one has to wonder when will it end. There are government has set restrictions everywhere and yet jungle, virgin jungle is still being clear. It’s hard to feed a starving nation, so most officials turn a blind eye to the practice of “slash and burn”. It makes me appreciate the things I have and the food that’s on my table every night I am here.

The heat is oppressing and there seems to be no immediate relief in sight. Everywhere you go, people are hoping for the rain to come soon. Those that can afford have portable AC, those that can’t, have fans and those that have neither, hide and bare the heat as best they can. The small streams and rivers offers some relief, but even those are starting to dry up now.  In May’s village, there are 10-12 families that share a common well and the well is now dry. It takes 15-20 minutes to fill her pale when she goes to draw water. Some families stay up all night and wait in line just to have enough water for the next day. The more I grow attached to May, the more I begin to worry about her future.

I told May I have been having nightmares and she asked if I wanted to spend the night with her… I told her it would not be proper and that we should not rush into things. I know most readers would find this shocking or would doubt it … but it is true.  I kiss her good night and left.

May and I drove up to the Lake and Dam, it took us over 2 hours for the trip. We left early to beat the heat and also because we wanted plenty of time to spend on the lake. The lake level is low, really low, even for this time of the year. We ate at a restaurant near the lake and for the most part, just talked. It felt so good just to be with her, just to have that much attention to myself.  For me, it has been so long since anyone has cared so much for me or wanted to be with me. I will have to admit, the attention was nice.

We got home a little after 4:00 PM, an exhausting and hot day, but will worth it.  Tomorrow, May is going home. Her store needs her as Pei Mai is about to begin and I will be heading up to Vang Vieng. I am going to miss May. I could not bring myself to tell May nor can I find the right words, but I think I have fallen for this women. Something I told myself that must not and should not happen… CRAP, I am fuked!

Talk to you all when I get to Vang Vieng!!!

LHG

boO

« Reply #410 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
LHG!

Do something!!!!!!

yoursunrise4ever

« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2013, 08:59:22 AM »
LHG, whatever decisions you make, know that I will be happy for you. You deserve to live and be happy once again. I wish you the best! Take care.

baddabing

« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2013, 02:04:02 PM »
No doubt... like all things in life, moderation is the word. Know your limits and have your morals. Bad people will ruin their life regardless of where they are or what they do.

LHG

However, if you're single and you're not a trouble maker you'll have a really good time there.

Back on the subject of being responsible, many white folks going there to have fun and party have been coming back in body bags.  Many deaths over the years took place in Vang Vieng, where they tube and jumped into the river.  Just recently many of the bars in vang vieng have been shut down by authorities due to this problem.

Good luck when you get to vang vieng, hope not everything have been shut down there, cause that's one of the funniest most bueatitful town/place to hang out at.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 13, 2013, 07:19:22 AM »
LHG!

Do something!!!!!!

Boo... You know, May does have a younger sister! LOL.

Should I give her your number?

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 13, 2013, 07:20:04 AM »
LHG, whatever decisions you make, know that I will be happy for you. You deserve to live and be happy once again. I wish you the best! Take care.

Sunrise... PM me.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 13, 2013, 07:25:58 AM »
However, if you're single and you're not a trouble maker you'll have a really good time there.

Back on the subject of being responsible, many white folks going there to have fun and party have been coming back in body bags.  Many deaths over the years took place in Vang Vieng, where they tube and jumped into the river.  Just recently many of the bars in vang vieng have been shut down by authorities due to this problem.

Good luck when you get to vang vieng, hope not everything have been shut down there, cause that's one of the funniest most bueatitful town/place to hang out at.
Baddabing -

I am single and NOT attached in anyway and I don't advocate that anyone follow my steps or do what I am doing. This is by no means a commercial for everyone in the USA. Just so there is NOT any misunderstandi ng, May and I have problems to overcome... but that's what dating a person is all about. So, you get to know them... And again, we're only starting out.

Vang Vieng - all the bars near the river are shut down and all the swings have been cut down. I see a lot of vacancies at the restaurants and hotels. There is rumor that the government will lift the ban for Pei Mai, but I will not know for sure until tomorrow.

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 13, 2013, 07:27:17 AM »
Happy New Year from Laos!!!!

I was hoping to see May one more time, but she left early this morning. I got a phone call from her at 8:00 AM and she was already on a taxi heading towards None Hai. I miss her already, she left me her shirt and her scent still lingers. I miss her so much. If not the the hotel reservations in Vang Vieng, I think I would follow her home this minute.  I feel so empty and aimless today. Have you ever wanted some so bad, you can almost taste it? It’s is within reach of your hands and yet you can’t hold it. Such sweet torture.

My cousin drove me to the bus station in KM52 and we passed the Pho Restaurant where May and I had dinner last night. I swear, I could still see her sitting there and laughing at me, her bright and beautiful smile. I don’t know what I will do for the next 3 days. I wish she could have come with me. I wish she did not have to go back to her store. I wish I was with her right now.

The bus ride to Vang Vieng was long, much longer than I remembered. I am sure thinking about May and the constant checking of my phone made the trip seem longer. She did not called.
 There is a warm breeze blowing today in the town of Vang Vieng, much of the smog that has been holding over the town is now gone. The lush green limestone mountains are so beautiful and all are within  sight. The air is fresh with only a linger of smoke from the hills nearby.

Near the airport, a carnival has sprung up, with tents, vendors and games. All for the New Year Celebration, I am told. There is a bumber car, darts and balloons, clothing venders, bbq meat and fruit stands. Reminds me very much of Fresno Hmong New Year or 4th of July at Como Park.  Kids and adults running around and music blasting away. Walking to my hotel, I was spray with water, twice. I guess the celebration started early.
Tomorrow, I will explore the town. Pei Mai (Lao New Year) has begin.  I wish May was here.

LHG

boO

« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2013, 08:48:19 AM »
Boo... You know, May does have a younger sister! LOL.

Should I give her your number?

LHG

LHG

;D

How awkward... :-[... I'm a female..

I do like girls but it's unfortunate I do not bat for the same team. I love *insert word* too much.

I wish may's there with you too.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 08:51:39 AM by boO »

baddabing

« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2013, 05:07:05 PM »
Baddabing -

I am single and NOT attached in anyway and I don't advocate that anyone follow my steps or do what I am doing. This is by no means a commercial for everyone in the USA. Just so there is NOT any misunderstandi ng, May and I have problems to overcome... but that's what dating a person is all about. So, you get to know them... And again, we're only starting out.

Vang Vieng - all the bars near the river are shut down and all the swings have been cut down. I see a lot of vacancies at the restaurants and hotels. There is rumor that the government will lift the ban for Pei Mai, but I will not know for sure until tomorrow.

LHG

is it just the bars on/by the river shutting down, or the whole tourist area being shut down too?

It's sad that these white folks are so irresponsible and caused such problem to the area.  Now the locals there are afraid of the river and don't want to go near it, saying there's bad spirits in the river now that there's been many deaths in it.

baddabing

« Reply #419 on: April 16, 2013, 01:20:44 AM »
Happy New Year from Laos!!!!

I was hoping to see May one more time, but she left early this morning. I got a phone call from her at 8:00 AM and she was already on a taxi heading towards None Hai. I miss her already, she left me her shirt and her scent still lingers. I miss her so much. If not the the hotel reservations in Vang Vieng, I think I would follow her home this minute.  I feel so empty and aimless today. Have you ever wanted some so bad, you can almost taste it? It’s is within reach of your hands and yet you can’t hold it. Such sweet torture.

My cousin drove me to the bus station in KM52 and we passed the Pho Restaurant where May and I had dinner last night. I swear, I could still see her sitting there and laughing at me, her bright and beautiful smile. I don’t know what I will do for the next 3 days. I wish she could have come with me. I wish she did not have to go back to her store. I wish I was with her right now.

The bus ride to Vang Vieng was long, much longer than I remembered. I am sure thinking about May and the constant checking of my phone made the trip seem longer. She did not called.
 There is a warm breeze blowing today in the town of Vang Vieng, much of the smog that has been holding over the town is now gone. The lush green limestone mountains are so beautiful and all are within  sight. The air is fresh with only a linger of smoke from the hills nearby.

Near the airport, a carnival has sprung up, with tents, vendors and games. All for the New Year Celebration, I am told. There is a bumber car, darts and balloons, clothing venders, bbq meat and fruit stands. Reminds me very much of Fresno Hmong New Year or 4th of July at Como Park.  Kids and adults running around and music blasting away. Walking to my hotel, I was spray with water, twice. I guess the celebration started early.
Tomorrow, I will explore the town. Pei Mai (Lao New Year) has begin.  I wish May was here.

LHG

I could have told you about your sadness of missing the girl ahead of time but I wanted to let you experience it full blast.

There's this kool hmong song sing by a guy, The song is about, "time to leave and say good by", listen to that on your last day there...and see if you can hold back on the tears.

Advertisements