Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)  (Read 227034 times)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)
« Reply #585 on: October 29, 2013, 11:19:07 AM »
So what happened? Did you marry May?  ???

Good to know you're still alive and kicking. :)

Good to hear from you Anchor... I am doing fine.  May and I are still very good friends and talk everyday. I miss her alot and will see her in a few weeks. Please shoot any good vibes you can spare my way... I am going to need it.

Talk to you soon,

LHG

« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:41:21 PM by LonelyHmgGuy »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: October 29, 2013, 11:22:20 AM »
I'm well. Hope you are well too! Keep us posted when you can.  O0

Hey Bro...

I am doing well. I am just a little frustrated and anxious... but I will be fine. Work is letting up a bit right now and I have requested for some time off. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 29, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
***Update on New Years for Laos***

If you are planning to visit Laos for Hmong New Year, airline tickets will be at their cheapest during the last week of October. You should purchase your ticket now, if not already. For those that are interested… New Years for Phonsavan, Laos is schedule for December 3, 2013. All other parts of Laos has not yet been determined... my guess is that it will also fall into that same period.

If you do go, please have a safe and fun trip. Also remember that you’re a guest in a foreign country so please act like a guest.

Happy Travels,

LHG

Like this post: -1

couchpotato

« Reply #588 on: October 30, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »
Good to hear from you Anchor... I am doing fine.  May and I are still very good friends and talk everyday. I miss her alot and will see her in a few weeks. Please shoot any good vibes you can spare my way... I am going to need it.

Talk to you soon,

LHG

Awww. Good luck! I think you should marry her if things fall into place.  :)

Like this post: -1

MenyuamHmoob

« Reply #589 on: November 01, 2013, 08:35:01 AM »
***Update on New Years for Laos***

If you are planning to visit Laos for Hmong New Year, airline tickets will be at their cheapest during the last week of October. You should purchase your ticket now, if not already. For those that are interested… New Years for Phonsavan, Laos is schedule for December 3, 2013. All other parts of Laos has not yet been determined... my guess is that it will also fall into that same period.

If you do go, please have a safe and fun trip. Also remember that you’re a guest in a foreign country so please act like a guest.

Happy Travels,

LHG

Happy travels LHG!!!  I truly wish I can go again this year. :(  You got me going back to my video/pictures from last year and missing those good old times.  :'(  Wish you and MAY the best!

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 01, 2013, 10:03:03 AM »
***Cheapest Air - China Easter Airlines***

http://www.vayama.com/fly/result/index.jsp?s=41311606&vayamaVisit=0&clickThrough=N&originArray=SFO,VTE&destArray=VTE,SFO&dateArray=28102013,22112013&cabinClass=Y&carrPreferance=&noAdults=1&noSenior=0&noChild=0&noInfants=0&noStudents=0&nonStops=&timeArray=0,0,0,0&couponCode=&tripType=RT&random=0.6239040523162536

Average/Person $950USD

Travel Dates: Nov. 28, 2013 → Dec. 22,  2013

China Eastern Airlines
SFO   12:00p  → VTE  10:45a
 3 stops (PVG...) 31h 45m

China Eastern Airlines
VTE   2:50p  → SFO  9:30a
2 stops (KMG...)
33h 40m

Please note that the layover in China is about 12 hours, but for a great price.

Happy Travels,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 01, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
Happy travels LHG!!!  I truly wish I can go again this year. :(  You got me going back to my video/pictures from last year and missing those good old times.  :'(  Wish you and MAY the best!

Yo MenyuamHmoob!!!

How's going! and How's the married life buddy! hahahahaha

Good to hear from you. Ya, wish you could go with me too. A ton of people are going this year from what I have heard so far. I am so ready for a vacation and so ready to see May again!

Thanks for the well wishes and talk to you soon,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 01, 2013, 10:06:24 AM »
Awww. Good luck! I think you should marry her if things fall into place.  :)

Thank you... I will let you know what happens for sure!

LHG

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:27:50 AM by LonelyHmgGuy »

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 08, 2013, 02:15:57 PM »
Well, I am all packed... 2 large suitcases, 1 carryon and 1 backpack with my laptop and all of my electronics. I have my eticket in hand and got my passport back from the Lao embassy a few days ago. It will be exactly 7 days and 12 hours until my plane takes off from San Francisco.

I still need to visit the Postal Office and have them hold my mail, I still have to mow my lawn, I still need to visit my bank and withdraw some spending money and I still need to arrange for a ride to the airport.

It has not really hit me yet that I will be going to Laos. It still feels like it will be months from now.  I am nervous, scared and excited, all at the same time.

I will update this blog in about a week…

Happy Travels,

LHG

blablablablabla

« Reply #594 on: November 08, 2013, 02:28:01 PM »
have fun there! I'm envious of you!  8)

Gawmp

« Reply #595 on: November 11, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Good luck and have lots of fun  O0. I'm still waiting for the day when you update us and tell us that May and you are one and she'll be coming over soon.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 12, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
have fun there! I'm envious of you!  8)

Hey Blablablablabl a,

Nothing to be envious over... I am not sure of your current life or financial situation, so I will only give you or anyone who's reading this just one advice. This is given from the heart.  :)

First, ask yoursrelf this question. 10 years from now, 20 years from now... or even 5 years from now. Will you be able to do things you're currently doing today? We often take our current situations for granted, I know I have... but everything can change at a moment's notice. So, if you're able to travel and have the means, you should do it. Don't save it for tomorrow. If you're single, go by yourself. If you're married, take your wife/husband. Go and see the world. Remember... in the end, what will you want to remember, being at work til 5:00 PM or being in Laos with your loved ones?

The choice is clear if you think about it... No one ever says they wished they had worked an extra hour of overtime on their deathbeds.

Happy Travels,

LHG

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:09:16 PM by LonelyHmgGuy »

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 12, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
Good luck and have lots of fun  O0. I'm still waiting for the day when you update us and tell us that May and you are one and she'll be coming over soon.

Hey Gawmp...

Good to hear from you. I was wondering when you might show up! Of course I will keep you posted! LOL.

Thanks for the good vibes again and talk to you soon,

LHG

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 12, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »

A good friend of mine email this link yesterday... I have never heard this song before and I don't know who the singer is, so please accept my apologies. The song is sung in Hmong Green, my buddy tells me.

If you're wondering why I am sending you there... this song reminded me of my own mother who passed away several years ago. And if you remember correctly, it was my mother's passing that started my odyssey to Laos 2 years ago. For those that have also lost a loved one, I dedicate this song to you. The words are simple but sung with so much conviction... enjoy.

I hope and wish everyone a safe and happy holiday period.  Please remember those that have come before you and those that are still near to your heart… remember to tell them you love them today.

Happy Travels,

LHG

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 12, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »
Have a wonderful trip! I wish I was going too.  I'll have eggs and ramen diet for the next two years and hopefully my wish may come true.  We'll see.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Advertisements