Advertisement

Author Topic: Is an all in one computer good?  (Read 1073 times)

Missterious

Is an all in one computer good?
« on: February 13, 2014, 09:17:46 AM »
Last year I found out that all in one pcs existed. Is it as good as a regular desktop? Or is it more like a laptop without the lap part? I know there are some with batteries and some without? If it's just as good as a regular desktop then I'd be interested in getting one.  :-\

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: Is an all in one computer good?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:23:17 AM »
Depends, what do you plan on doing with it?

Missterious

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:29:49 AM »
Personal and academic uses. So like a lot of internet browsing, youtube, occasional music downloads, pictures, type papers.... I don't play games or do anything real intensive like that.

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 09:35:13 AM »
Then it would be perfect for you.  May I suggest just getting a lighter laptop that will be easier on your budget.

Missterious

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 09:43:31 AM »
I have a laptop right now and I've decided I don't want to deal with bad battery and charging issues anymore with laptops. If the all in one can just plug in to the wall and work then I'd prefer that. Right now my laptop battery doesn't even work and I don't want to waste money on a replacement battery because I've read too many reviews that replacements are not that good anyway. Plus for my old laptop I went through tons of replacement battery chargers before that thing gave up. As of right now I basically am using my laptop just plugged into the wall because of the bad battery and my charging port is messed up so the slightest nudge will disable the charge and laptop will just shut down automatically. Yes I know too many issues!

minorcharacter

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »
Pros and cons with both.  Anyways I just recommended a laptop since you'll be able to get the same speed and power as an all-in-one pc for less.  Let me know if you do indeed get one and how you like it.

Missterious

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:55:31 AM »
I just hope the all in one cons aren't as bad as the laptop cons.  :-\ :)

minorcharacter

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:04:10 AM »
Most people I know with an all-in-one usually purchase a wireless keyboard and mouse.  That was the biggest thing for them; misplacing those.

Offline hmoobmuas

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:46 PM »
Well, that is where the technology trend is heading (all-in-one).  Wife just bought one from Costco (Dell All-in-One 27").  Great for everyday use in general.  She loves it because it's "All-in-One".  No wires and cables running all over the place.

Advertisements