Advertisement

Author Topic: Night Fishing for Cats  (Read 11676 times)

sifuwong

Re: Night Fishing for Cats
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »
...i've gone to some secluded lake to ice fish and you see one hamong group there and while walking around you see some freshly drank asian redbull cans on the ice.. tsk tsk hamongs.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

V-Maxxx

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2014, 10:19:52 PM »
Seems like nobody wants to show me any catfish spots.. Thats fine.. I only catch and release..

HUNG TU LO

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 11:51:54 AM »

Got this guy within the downtown St. Paul section of Sippi pool 2 - a baby 12lbs. We also got a 13lbs, 25lbs, and we snapped off a possible 40lbs+. You don't have to travel far. Flatheads don't succumb to fishing pressure like other fish and though there are barges and lots of people in metro St. Paul, flats don't give a shit and do not fear us.

Harriet Island. There are many booze cruiser boats and couples walking around. I highly doubt any cops kick people out of there until after 2am. I went there once early season in May and stayed until 12:30am - no cops. I reckon most of you would venture beyond 12am anyway.

494 bridge boat launch at Hardman Ave and Vonderosa. Technically, it's a boat launch and not a park and the regulars who go there at fishingminneso ta.com forums have never been kicked out. Expect people there but the whole damn shore is fishable so you'll never run out of space.

Grey Cloud Island in Cottage Grove. So many people during the day but night falls and there's two cars and you'll have the place by yourself. Fish the west bridge because there's a deep pool that is over 15'. You probably have zero chance of flats here though as it's too backwater from the main river channel.

Lion's Park - you'll be fishing a bay area so it's hit or miss but it's right there by the river channel so you shouldn't do too bad.

These places have visitors daily. Arrive late like after 9pm so people and boats are gone. Besides, flats will almost never move around during the day. Keep in mind that where people were catching flats in May and June, those areas are dried up by now because water level has been low since late July.

I would say wait 2-3 more weeks until it really gets cooler - that's when I'm going. This will force flatheads to move around and you'll get them in shallow water like back in May and June. Good luck!

V-Maxxx

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 06:40:08 PM »

Got this guy within the downtown St. Paul section of Sippi pool 2 - a baby 12lbs. We also got a 13lbs, 25lbs, and we snapped off a possible 40lbs+. You don't have to travel far. Flatheads don't succumb to fishing pressure like other fish and though there are barges and lots of people in metro St. Paul, flats don't give a shit and do not fear us.

Harriet Island. There are many booze cruiser boats and couples walking around. I highly doubt any cops kick people out of there until after 2am. I went there once early season in May and stayed until 12:30am - no cops. I reckon most of you would venture beyond 12am anyway.

494 bridge boat launch at Hardman Ave and Vonderosa. Technically, it's a boat launch and not a park and the regulars who go there at fishingminneso ta.com forums have never been kicked out. Expect people there but the whole damn shore is fishable so you'll never run out of space.

Grey Cloud Island in Cottage Grove. So many people during the day but night falls and there's two cars and you'll have the place by yourself. Fish the west bridge because there's a deep pool that is over 15'. You probably have zero chance of flats here though as it's too backwater from the main river channel.

Lion's Park - you'll be fishing a bay area so it's hit or miss but it's right there by the river channel so you shouldn't do too bad.

These places have visitors daily. Arrive late like after 9pm so people and boats are gone. Besides, flats will almost never move around during the day. Keep in mind that where people were catching flats in May and June, those areas are dried up by now because water level has been low since late July.

I would say wait 2-3 more weeks until it really gets cooler - that's when I'm going. This will force flatheads to move around and you'll get them in shallow water like back in May and June. Good luck!

Thank You much brother!
That is just what i needed.. Ill go give it a shot.. I dont keep any cats just like to fish for em.. I just love the sound of the bait clicker go off Zzzzzz .. ZzzzzzzZ .. Just makes my blood pump.. LOL!!
But thanks again..

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 03:49:17 AM »
I'm dreaming of night fishing for cats.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 03:21:33 PM »
Okay I'm going to go catfishing tonight.  Open invite.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
Darn too tired to make the drive now... Need sleeping.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 12:31:35 PM »
Only fished in the morning.  I managed to get a smaller catfish only about 20".  I had several other bites, but was too Snaggy so I didn't hook them.  I also snagged and broke my 50# braid line.  The spot is ruined now with that braid line snagging up everytime.  I guess I can't fish that spot anymore.

Dark Angel

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2015, 12:35:19 PM »
Night fighing for cats is alot of fun. We used to do it all the time.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »
I think I will go do some nite catfishing tonight. Its supposed to thunderstorm.

Dark Angel

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
I think I will go do some nite catfishing tonight. Its supposed to thunderstorm.

That's when the cats come out! But becareful. We onced fished during a thunderstorm. I'm scared of being electrocuted.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2015, 12:46:52 PM »
That's when the cats come out! But becareful. We onced fished during a thunderstorm. I'm scared of being electrocuted.
That's why I pick the spot under the bridge.  Its awesome shelter from rain.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
Open invite, I've got bait and I should use it.

Dark Angel

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2015, 12:51:58 PM »
Becareful, lots of racist people out there.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2015, 12:56:41 PM »
I don't look like a fob.  ; . I look more whitewash.

Advertisements