Advertisement

Author Topic: IBUYPOWER's Revolt  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +26
    • View Profile
IBUYPOWER's Revolt
« on: December 08, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
Does anyone think this system is good. I just thought the design of the case looks awesome and looks like a gaming console. I thought about this system long and hard and I had a feel that I can build my own using the same specs and get a better price. The case, however I don't know where I would be able to buy it as it seems to be not sold on Amazon or Newegg.

Like this post: 0
"Noj zaub yuav rau roj, ua neeg nyob yuav tsum ua siab loj"

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: IBUYPOWER's Revolt
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
I don't know what the exact price is since it's out of stock on their site, but I've found that you can ALWAYS build it for cheaper.  Essentially you're just skipping the cost thrown in by the middleman who assembles it.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:25:21 PM by minorcharacter »

Sifu

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 01:24:07 PM »
I have never heard of this product but the listed price of $1k sure makes the prospect of building your own (more powerful) PC a better proposition. 

minorcharacter

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:26:40 PM »
I honestly think that half the joy of building your own computer goes into learning and appreciating the parts you put together.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 01:36:30 PM »
I agree with you minorcharacter, building your own computer is pretty fun and exciting. Right now I'm just saving enough money to start my 2 build as the first one I returned it because it was a low cost build. I have an empty NXZT case just sitting around so I might as well put it to use. I'm going to build a hackintosh and run Final Cut Pro on it. I have been working with Hackintosh on my current desktop using a 500GB laptop hard drive connected to it. Whenever I connect the hard drive to my ASUS Q500A, it doesn't show up as a working hard drive because of the hardware change. I'm also planning on programming a Raspberry Pi to run Linux as a server host.

Offline Risingstars

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »
Also if I can get a case small like a gaming console, I can bring it to work and run my server while I'm at work.

minorcharacter

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:54:53 PM »
Let me know how you go about with the raspberry pi.  I've been wanting to build a small machine simply for programming, but hardware isn't exactly my forte.

Advertisements