Advertisement

Author Topic: Approached  (Read 2315 times)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
Approached
« on: March 10, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »
People enjoy being admired or liked or the anticipation of some kind of relationship. Women just can't wait to tell their friends about how some guy may have shown some signs of interest in them; they feel lifted and thrilled.  Men have gone the distance of even bragging to boost up their egoes among their friends, even when there's no real sign of someone being interested in them.

I'm not bragging. Nor do I care if some girl has shown some interest in me.

But this past week a woman approached me in some strange way and I'm just going to ...ok...admitt edly, do a little bragging about it. Or let's see what you think of the situation.

There was a long line of defendants--people who have been sued--during their first criminal court appearance at this suburban courthouse that I was out to represent one at.  Among the many standing in line was a beautiful Asian woman who kept staring at me as I was talking to my client. I couldn't help but notice her smile just a few other  persons away. So, I smiled back and nodded to show I noticed her appearance...u m...presence, I mean.

The line slowly approached the check-in counter.

I put my folder down on a bench and sat down to wait for my case to be called.

The lady finished her check-in and sat back down at two benches away from me. As I turned to her...um...to my client, I noticed her staring at me again, smiling as if she wanted to know who I was. Then she showed no fear of her interest: she got up and came straight to greet me.

"Hi," she said. "Are you Hmong?"

"Yes. You are, too?"

"I'm Chinese. But the Hmong are Chinese, right?" she said.

"We have ancestors in China, so in a sense, we are."

"I'm Jenny. I was brought here for just having an expired driver's license."

"Of course."

"Did I get a good deal? Can you tell  me? They told me they'd just have me pay a fee and make it a non-moving violation," she said.

"That's at least good for insurance. And if you don't fight more, that's probably all they will give you to finish your case," I said.

Then I realized I wasn't even representing her but I was already ready to work on her case.

"I told your client I knew you," she said. "And that you are a good lawyer...But I don't even know you."

"Right. You are a good marketer though."

"I am. I work for an advertising company. Do you have a card?"

I pulled one out from my vest and handed it to her.

"That's a nice place you are located at," she said.

"Yes. We have good parking."

"How do you advertise yourself?"

I told her that I just put stuff out on the Hmong radio and newspaper--I haven't used the newspapers yet--and that I have dropped off my business cards at various locations throughout the Twin Cities.

"I can promote you. Let's talk some more after today and we can meet up for ...is coffee, ok?"

Now you know why I said earlier in this journal entry that I am not bragging. She's interested but not in me; just in getting my business.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 11:40:51 PM by Reporter »

Like this post: 0
"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Adverstisement

minorcharacter

Re: Approached
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »
No, no, no.  Reporter, you're doing this all wrong.  First, you need to start the thread with "I don't mean to brag, but this woman" and then you end the title with something like "approached me."

Then in your thread you're supposed to put more lucrative and imaginative things that may or may not have happened in there.

minorcharacter

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »
Okay, I reread the thread and reporter I know it's against some code of conduct to use your position to solicit sexstuff, but before you are a lawyer you are a bro.  We bros have a code too, and I want you to PM me the finer details of what happened after this little meeting.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 12:24:02 PM »
Thanks for all of the advice, guys. But I know women well. I've survived many temptations. If I succumb to any other interests, she's going to get her business interest for sure. I know what sales people and advertising people do and are good at. I'm not interested in her business. So I had better keep all other interests out, too.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:29:12 PM »
When a girl smiles at you, the reasonable thing to do is smile back. lol

But girls who know me know that that's all they get back! lol

reporter, sounds like you got caught in a line! don't tell me all it took was a look and smile?!  oh wait, you did!  ;D

let me tell you something, pretty women are the most deadly/successful sales people.  Since I'm not a lawyer I cannot offer any advice but I would caution you in meeting this woman alone, and like Minor have said, we have a "BroCode" to uphold...let me go with you:2funny:

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 01:29:58 PM »
I think she was trying to work out some kind of net.

She's was networking. ;D However, not you but most men would just be happy if a girl smile at them.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 01:31:07 PM »
lol

People don't know how strong my observations of codes are.

Okay, I reread the thread and reporter I know it's against some code of conduct to use your position to solicit sexstuff, but before you are a lawyer you are a bro.  We bros have a code too, and I want you to PM me the finer details of what happened after this little meeting.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
lol

If I did that, she'd have her business guaranteed, via subsequent threats on me.

there's a lot to gain when a women is obviously flirting with you, it doesn't hurt to approach her and ask..."hey, I notice you were looking my way and I find you interesting, can we have dinner at my place?  I would be glad to give you a free consultation!"   O0 O0

"...

Advertisements