Advertisement

Author Topic: hmong Sacrificial food  (Read 6681 times)

FetishDream

hmong Sacrificial food
« on: April 19, 2015, 08:40:44 AM »
I remembered being invited to a Buddhism ritual where they would offered food to their dead ancestors and after the session, we get to eat the food.  I thought I was tripping but no matter how good the food looks, it was flat and cold.  It is like eating leftovers since the spirits had eaten up the good energy from such dish. 

Now with the hmong, I was invited to a jingle bell and to my understanding, they have to offer a chicken and/or a pig to the underworld something something.  I ate the food and then I got dizzy right away.  It made me feel weak.  It was 7 different courses made from the same pig.

Anybody have any reference to this?  I do know that the hmong christians will not eat these sacrificial food. 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

chidorix0x

Re: hmong Sacrificial food
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
/\/\

... kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Was it a HA'MUNG jingle bell ritual you attended because traditional Hmong Shamanism do not sacrifice chickens, pigs, cows, and livestock to the underworld nor are there sacrifices to something something or 7 whatever ... KEKEKE ...  :idiot2:

The HA'MUNG might but not 100% sure. Maybe the HA'MUNG can better info all of us.

And r u familiar with placebo and self-prophecies ... kekeke ...  >:D

FetishDream

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:30:12 AM »
/\/\

... kekeke  ...   :2funny:

Was it a HA'MUNG jingle bell ritual you attended because traditional Hmong Shamanism do not sacrifice chickens, pigs, cows, and livestock to the underworld nor are there sacrifices to something something or 7 whatever ... KEKEKE ...  :idiot2:

The HA'MUNG might but not 100% sure. Maybe the HA'MUNG can better info all of us.

And r u familiar with placebo and self-prophecies ... kekeke ...  >:D

Correction..  My interpretation might not be so clear with such hmong tradition. 

Placebo can not produce a 100% results.  Even with placebo, some will win and some will lose if you run the same trial over and over again.  From what I have seen with countless of my own personal experiences, the food is COLD like it is dead like kissing a dead person.  Perhaps the food been stall and sitting out there for way too long due to such ritual. 

If it is self prophecy then I want it to be good and taste good because it looks good.  Wrong prophecy there.   :2funny:

Giggles_Shyly

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:29 AM »
Beliefs and preceptions can do things to the mind. Depends on how strongly you believe in things. Your mind will act accordingly.

My parents took a trip to Vegas with two aunts and their hubbies. Both aunts and uncles are church goers and belief in it religiously. They are seriously against gambling but my parents are happy go lucky free minded. My parent didn't encourage non of them to gamble. Towards the end of the night my one of my uncles decided he wanted to try just once, he put in ONE DOLLAR, after a few minutes he is complaining about a headache and says God is punishing him for gambling, LOL. I am sure it's from the cigs and noise from the place or something he ate, logically, but he insisted that it was from the gambling.

LOL, but when people do eatings, most host will make non-ritual food for the guests who are church goers. My mom always remembers because we have aunts & uncles that go to church.

chidorix0x

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »
Correction..  My interpretation might not be so clear with such hmong tradition. 

Placebo can not produce a 100% results.  Even with placebo, some will win and some will lose if you run the same trial over and over again.  From what I have seen with countless of my own personal experiences, the food is COLD like it is dead like kissing a dead person.  Perhaps the food been stall and sitting out there for way too long due to such ritual. 

If it is self prophecy then I want it to be good and taste good because it looks good.  Wrong prophecy there.   :2funny:

... kekeke  ...  :2funny:

So is that your something something and 7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld ... KEKEKE ...  >:D

( Or are you inherently a sideline casual observer religious expert still ... kekeke ...  ::))

FetishDream

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »
... kekeke  ...  :2funny:

So is that your something something and 7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld ... KEKEKE ...  >:D

( Or are you inherently a sideline casual observer religious expert still ... kekeke ...  ::))

This Ha'mong can't read. 

I quote for you again

"It was 7 different courses made from the same pig. "

Who said anything about 7 different sacrifice to the underworld? 

Sydney

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 08:54:50 PM »
The food is unclean and unhealthy because the ghosts probably had their fills already.  Just food for thoughts. 

FetishDream

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:07 AM »
The food is unclean and unhealthy because the ghosts probably had their fills already.  Just food for thoughts.

Perhaps it has roots to that old snow white tale about an apple, a food that has magical powers due to someone putting a spell onto it.  Like perhaps a student who is in love with his teacher so he got an apple, prayed to it, said some chants to it and then have his teacher eats it.  I forgot how the story goes but he still got an A out of such class.   :2funny:

I have never seen anyone eaten them offering food that sits right in front of a Buddha statue.  Offering food, I don't believe in it but have to respect it. 

chidorix0x

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
This Ha'mong can't read. 

I quote for you again

"It was 7 different courses made from the same pig. "

Who said anything about 7 different sacrifice to the underworld?

... kekeke ...  :2funny:

Reading isn't the issue/problem ... KEKEKE ...  8)

But clearly the ha'clueless HA'Mung has shortcomings rooted in comprehension above all else amidst some religion centric practices of something something and livestock sacrifices to the underworld with a 7 course meal ... kekeke ...  :idiot2: ... KEKEKE ...  >:D

FetishDream

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
... kekeke ...  :2funny:

Reading isn't the issue/problem ... KEKEKE ...  8)

But clearly the ha'clueless HA'Mung has shortcomings rooted in comprehension above all else amidst some religion centric practices of something something and livestock sacrifices to the underworld with a 7 course meal ... kekeke ...  :idiot2: ... KEKEKE ...  >:D

This ha'monk needs help in sticking with the same story.  Let me requote for sharing.

From "7 whatever" to " 7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld" to now " 7 course meal " 

what's next?  7-11?   :2funny:

chidorix0x

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »
This ha'monk needs help in sticking with the same story.  Let me requote for sharing.

From "7 whatever" to " 7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld" to now " 7 course meal " 

what's next?  7-11?   :2funny:

...  kekeke  ...   :2funny:

The/a ha'clueless HA'Mung ...   :idiot2:  ...  cannot even recall their spat.  Here is the original post "QUOTE"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

Now with the hmong, I was invited to a jingle bell and to my understanding, they have to offer a chicken and/or a pig to the underworld something something.  I ate the food and then I got dizzy right away.  It made me feel weak.  It was 7 different courses made from the same pig.

Anybody have any reference to this?  I do know that the hmong christians will not eat these sacrificial food.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 06:45:06 PM »
7 different courses from one pig. That must be.......

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »

The/a ha'clueless HA'Mung ...   :idiot2:  ...  cannot even recall their spat.  Here is the original post "QUOTE"  ...  KEKEKE  ...   >:D

And the HA'RUAM can?  ;D ;D ;D

HA'RUAM can't even remember claiming Traditional Hmong marriage is "perfectly legal".. ;D ;D ;D

HA'RUAM also think the Zeb Yaj vs. Alain Lee incident was "rehearsed" and a "movie" in the making... ;D ;D ;D

chidorix0x

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 07:24:58 PM »
/\/\  ... kekeke ...    :2funny:

Says the ha'clueless HA'Mung that incessantly ha'rant to be more and more becoming HA'Mung ...  KEKEKE  ...  >:D 

FetishDream

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 04:41:03 AM »

Ha'monk chanting in beautiful colors again  kakakaka

Now tell us again.  Where did I say  "7 whatever" to " 7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld"  that made your chanting so colorful?  kakakaka

how is "7 whatever" even related to "7 whatever sacrificed to the underworld"   :2funny:

Advertisements