Advertisement

Author Topic: Youtube vs. Pandora  (Read 4087 times)

zena

Youtube vs. Pandora
« on: June 03, 2015, 08:15:26 PM »
Now that Youtube is streaming, do you prefer it over Pandora?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: Youtube vs. Pandora
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »
To be honest, I've never used Pandora before. I know what it is but I've never used it. I've always used youtube.

What did you use before YT began to stream?

zena

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
I was using youtube and just listening to one music at a time or how now they have multiple albums as one. That's how I've been listening to them.

You're not talking about live streaming are you?

Exactly how i felt.

btw. I only got my itouch spring 2014 and got an iphone around november of last year.  So it's not like I ever really used this stuff..
itouch because i needed a new mp3 player.. phone, well i didn't buy it. mine died and i'm using my sister's.

So you don't stream music at work? I guess if you work in a place where you can't have music in the background or don't have an office or if you are still in school then this might not apply????

I used to always put on Pandora in my office at work.  At home too but I switch between Pandora and itunes.  Now, I have YT as a 3rd choice and have secretly started listening to YT more because I am able to search exactly for the songs I want and then YT just streams from there.  Kinda nice.  I have a feeling Pandora will need to make lots of changes otherwise YT will take over.

I use Pandora for working out so I'd be sad if it disappeared.  I don't have YT app on my phone purposely.

Sifu

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:50:40 PM »
Google play.  Upload my favorite songs and shuffle.

minorcharacter

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 08:40:47 AM »
Yes, I've always preferred Youtube.  Pandora lacks the diversity that youtube has, and Pandora needs to  start incorporating more non-English music.  A lot of my stations are also kind of screwed up.  I have a station for The Church and The Cure and then out of nowhere they started playing Greenday.

zena

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:25 PM »
I've started to listen to YT more now.  I even put it up on my TV (when I'm cleaning or cooking) whereas I don't recall ever doing that with Pandora although I think I can but don't remember ever doing.  Wonder if Pandora will either be sold to a bigger corp or if they will die out or if they will find a unique area to fit into and stay in the game.  It will be interesting to keep an eye on.

Offline Yebleng

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +176
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 04:23:56 PM »
It depends on what I'm in the mood for. If its top 40's I'll use Youtube and Pandora for EDM and older songs that you can't get on the radio

Advertisements