Advertisement

Author Topic: why are people so afraid to disagree or ask their bosses honest questions?  (Read 3606 times)

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
So my new boss is being a douchebag to my co-workers. Just talks to them like kids. He hasn't been a douchebag to me (yet), but I'm pretty upset. My new boss always preach about having a good vibe at work, respect, etc... Next time there is a meeting/training about the subject, I'm gonna ask, "How can we even begin to become an example for others to follow when my own boss can't even become an example for me to follow?". The room will be filled with other bosses/employees. Yes, my boss will be in there too.  If my boss is doing the preaching, I'm gonna ask him that very question in front of my co-workers.

A very brutal, but honest question I'm going to ask the instructor/my boss. Anyone in here a boss? Don't be a douchebag because there will be people like me who will embarrass you in front of others and you can't fire me either. :D

« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:40:23 PM by Toua »

Like this post: 0
Never risk your life for those who will not do the same...

Adverstisement

Sifu

Re: why are people so afraid to disagree or ask their bosses honest questions?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »
You say that you can't be fired?  Many have said that before and still got fired.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 05:06:11 PM »
last time my buddy was being honest he got fired the next day  >:(

Offline thePoster

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:26:59 PM »
Yeap, could get fired.

Unless you change your last name to vang...first name chai.

I went through all 15k posts and those 2 quotes I found were the only ones so I guess that would make it "everytime".  Feel free to go through all 15k posts and verify by quoting them all.  You need to quote them all to verifying prove "everytime".   Please verify that Im wrong.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
soulless
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:23:05 AM »
But he had no problem shaming my coworkers in front of everyone else.. if the boss can't be a professional, can't expect me as a lead to be one too.  Respect is earned. Not demanded.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
Gonna put him on the spot a few days before I quit.. Even though he isn't being a douchebag to me, i hate seeing how he treats my coworkers sometime. Been with company for 14 yrs and gonna leave sometime.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 08:35:21 AM »
I also do not want a pissed off coworker to go postal

Sifu

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 09:20:53 AM »
You want to be black listed after working 14 years in your industry?  Then verbally attack your boss and let us know how than pans out.  The vast majority of the people we do not hire are due to a simple phone call to their previous boss.

If you have the unfortunate luck of a crappy boss then you can fight it but 8 out of 10 they will win.  Even if they now they are wrong they will likely let you go before your boss.  If the entire department says things then it'll be easier for them to go but stick your neck out and let us know how many got your back.  There's a right way and a wrong way to approach this and you can probably figure out where this is headed.

Using "my boss was a douche so I left" isn't going to fly at your next job interview.  That shows a very negative characteristic and we'd rather not take the chances.  Leave, don't burn your bridges.

Offline Toua

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »
I don't try to reason with douchebags. I can't even reason with him on simple stuff like line adjustment. His way or the highway. Not even bragging, but I am the most valuable employee in my department. I can do anyone's job and any job on the fly. Let's put it this way... I know everything.

When i quit, i already know some coworkers will too. Spoke with some of them about me quitting and they've already begun searching for a new job. One good guy just quit 2 weeks ago. This other good guy who has been with the company for 10+ yrs is having an interview.

When people start to drop like flies, the new boss will have to answer for it and all of our reasons why we quit will be the same.

Sifu

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2016, 12:02:32 PM »
There's a very, very simple rule in business.  Everyone is expendable.  Workers, supervisors, managers, owners.  Leaving your long term job and starting over might not be a bad thing for them.  They can hire younger employees and pay them peanuts.  Leaving for yourself may in turn be beneficial as well.  Nothing is worse than a toxic boss.

It's your neck.  You can do whatever you'd like but the mentality that you can't be replaced is inaccurate.  Upper management will rather everyone leave than looking like they made a mistake.  When you're gone and they have fired your old boss, chances are they're not going to offer you your old job back.

I'm set in my position.  I get along very well with my coworkers, boss and patent company.  I also receive many perks that others do not.  I'd be lying to myself that I couldn't be replaced. 

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 10:42:34 PM »
So my new boss is being a douchebag to my co-workers. Just talks to them like kids. He hasn't been a douchebag to me (yet), but I'm pretty upset. My new boss always preach about having a good vibe at work, respect, etc... Next time there is a meeting/training about the subject, I'm gonna ask, "How can we even begin to become an example for others to follow when my own boss can't even become an example for me to follow?". The room will be filled with other bosses/employees. Yes, my boss will be in there too.  If my boss is doing the preaching, I'm gonna ask him that very question in front of my co-workers.

A very brutal, but honest question I'm going to ask the instructor/my boss. Anyone in here a boss? Don't be a douchebag because there will be people like me who will embarrass you in front of others and you can't fire me either. :D

There are countless times where the boss puts me in a position that entices me to verbally assault his plans/philosophy for the business and would not care if I get fired or not. But I just can't bring myself to instill hate. I can only hope he drives the company to bankruptcy.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 06:09:10 PM »
I say do it, then privately send him your resignation letter before he fires you plus don't put in a two week notice.  Just quit the next day and don't go into work.  That way everyone will think he fired you for speaking up.  Let the rumors make like a lady's legs and spread.

FetishDream

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:52 PM »
I've taken a step further.  Same situation so I went back to college and got my masters and applied for the bosses boss job.  Got it and guess what of a surprise it was when he found out that I became his boss.  I fired him shortly after, shakes the hands of all the employees that was under him and told everyone that my job here is done.  I quit and went to the competition.   O0

Offline nightrider

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 09:10:37 PM »
I say do it, then privately send him your resignation letter before he fires you plus don't put in a two week notice.  Just quit the next day and don't go into work.  That way everyone will think he fired you for speaking up.  Let the rumors make like a lady's legs and spread.

You see, if I do that I can't get un-employment. I was counting on that unemployment money as I'm just too damn tired of work-work-work, some time off to travel around the world would do me wonders. So quitting isn't an option for me, but getting unreasonably fired or laid off works for me.

zena

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2016, 09:03:56 AM »
I've always been honest to all my bosses.  Some of them didn't like me for it and some really liked it.  It just depends.

Advertisements