Advertisement

Author Topic: The Girl on the Train & Gone Girl  (Read 1448 times)

zena

The Girl on the Train & Gone Girl
« on: November 27, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
WARNING: Rated R Movies and and rated R reviews.

Saw both of these movies.  Rented Gone Girl 'cause it came out a year or two ago and went to watch The Girl on the Train on Black Friday.

The Girl on the Train

I read the book before going to see the movie.  Would have gone sooner but the book was waitlisted until a couple of weeks ago.  This was one of those odd situations where the book was just okay but the movie was really good.  It wasn't the greatest movie or anything, but the actors were fabulous.  They picked the perfect people for the characters.  I was really impressed.  The book took place in London but the movie's setting was in New York.  I was bummed by that 'cause I liked the idea of London better.  The shrink was supposed to be darker skinned too but I was happy with the guy they chose.  I though the was pretty hot.  The guy who played Scott (Megan's husband - Megan's the girl who got murdered) is hot too!  He plays Gaston in the live retell of Beauty and the Beast.  They made him not have an accent in The Girl on the Train but his accent is so cool.  I was watching an interview and he is actually a Lord.  I don't know British etiquette or whatever you call their royal process but he's in preparation to become knighted.  How cool is that?  I love it.  My husband didn't read the book and he really enjoyed the movie.  Said they did a good job at hiding who the real killer was.

Gone Girl

The book was really good.  I had a hard time getting into it at first because it felt like reading someone's diary...turns out, I was pretty much doing that.  But, it turns out that it was all fake.  This was such a psycho read.  Anyway, the movie wasn't bad. I liked it but I didn't think the actors were very good.  I really liked the part where Amy was with Desi and the psycho way she got rid of him.  Well done on screen.  I thought Neil Patrick Harris (who played Desi) was probably the best actor of the cast.  I mean, he's gay and he plays a straight guy who makes love to a pretty hot girl and he played it so well I thought he was hot...LOL. Seriously.  I knew he was a good actor, just didn't know he was THAT good.  Ben Affleck was a bit stiff.  I could tell he was acting.  Rosamund Pike who played Amy is so pretty but I didn't think she was that great at acting too.  This was a real sick psycho read and a psycho movie.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 01:38:12 PM by moonangel »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

Re: The Girl on the Train & Gone Girl
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 02:05:48 PM »
I never watched that show (How I Met Your Mother) but yes, Neil Patrick Harris.  I always thought he was good looking and even when I learned he was gay, I still thought he was okay.  After Gone Girl, he's hot...LOL!  Don't care if he's gay or not.  He's just damn hot.

Both these movies are rated R, so be careful. One has more sexual content than the other but the other has a sickening gory gruesome murder scene, similar to the kind you'd find in GOT but modern.

enjoy.  >:D

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 02:08:39 PM by moonangel »

zena

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
I've seen gone girl. :) 
He is hot.  No denying that.

What did you think of it?

zena