Advertisement

Author Topic: Although I don't go to the theaters as much now, it's good to see these upgrades  (Read 2414 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
It was very comfy for my whole body (head to feet) while I watched "Dr. Strange" O0:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

zena

We have recliners like that here too.  We've had them for about 3 years or so.  Except ours has a move-able tray to set your drinks and food on.  You can order food and they bring it to you.  For the first couple of years they offered gourmet stuff and then they switched it down to sandwiches and fries but still really good stuff.  This is one reason why I started going to the movies more but tickets recently have consistently been sold out so I'm left going to the regular theaters which are annoying.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
these are the only movie theaters i go to nowdays, ours are reserve seatings but i rather pay a extra dollar more to have extra space, a comfortable seat, no waits in line and dont have to look for seats when it gets to pack

zena

I think they are all reserved seatings.  Makes the move experience much more enjoyable.  :)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Some theaters don't even charge extra for the new seats. They renovate and upgrade all their screen rooms but charge the same in hopes of getting customers back from their online competitors... i.e., Netflix

I used to work for the Post Office and the declined attendance at the movie theaters reminds me of how email killed a good portion of the USPS' first class mail business...

That's just how it is as change happens.

zena

That's right, they haven't increased their movie prices but they have increased their food prices.  A small hotdog and a small drink is $6 each.  The "food" they bring to us costs an arm and a leg but it's really fun to have them bring food + like I mentioned, the food is really good.

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
the regular theater at my place are usually 8-10 bux, the movie theater with recliners seats are 10-12 bux thats what i meant to say i will pay a extra dollar or 2 for more space and to be comfortable and i get to drink beer in there legally aha

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
That's right, they haven't increased their movie prices but they have increased their food prices.  A small hotdog and a small drink is $6 each.  The "food" they bring to us costs an arm and a leg but it's really fun to have them bring food + like I mentioned, the food is really good.

I wouldn't know as I don't do the overpriced food at the theater. What my wife and I usually do is eat at a restaurant before the movie or eat after but never there because it's such a rip off...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
the regular theater at my place are usually 8-10 bux, the movie theater with recliners seats are 10-12 bux thats what i meant to say i will pay a extra dollar or 2 for more space and to be comfortable and i get to drink beer in there legally aha

I'm sure theaters that still have both types of seating arrangement will charge more for the new and improved seats until they can renovate the whole theater...

zena

I was trying to find a photo I took earlier this year or last year of the dine in theater but couldn't locate it so I took a couple when I went to see Assassin's Creed.

The screen was huge in this theater but I think they normally run the 3D movies on the huge screens.

btw, I didn't get a chance to see Dr. Strange.  Would have liked to since I like Benedict Cumberbatch.

can

one of my best theater experience was when we brought in wine and hotdogs. can't remember what we watch but we left early cause we ran out of wine. the chairs were okay. 

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
i should probably go check out this place in Los Angeles

Advertisements