Advertisement

Author Topic: Besides the NFL playoff seeding process, like to see this OT rule changed too  (Read 754 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Right now, if the first drive resulted in a TD, that team automatically wins...

New format: Both team should have an opportunity to try and score until time expires in OT...

Just that I have not seen an OT session in any major sport where the first team that score automatically wins...I know the NFL has changed it to TD but the other team still never had an opportunity to score...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +555
    • View Profile
Change is definitely needed. It was pathetic to see the opposite team just watching simply because they didn’t get the coin toss option.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
I don't see it as that big of an issue because other major sports have been doing it for a long time (both opponents have equal opportunities in OT period), and don't hear as many issues as the amount of issues with the current NFL overtime format. Nothing new though as the majority of fans have been pointing the bad NFL OT format out for years now. Sure, the game could be long but I'll take the college football version over the NFL's version any day between the two. If they cut down the time instead of a full quarter and each team gets to start at the opponent's 35 yard line, I'm good with that too...as well as mandatory two point conversion. A playoff game is that important.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Yep, agree PL.

If it's a meaningless preseason or even regular season game, it's not that big of a deal but when it comes to the playoff, "Change is definitely needed" with the NFL's OT format...

Don't think it'll happen anytime soon though as the majority of the NFL fans have been pointing it out for years...

Look how long it took college football bowl games finally adding somewhat of a playoff system... Although not quite there yet, there's definitely less argument about who's #1 at the end...

Advertisements