Advertisement

Author Topic: Chinese cheating ring caught.  (Read 544 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Chinese cheating ring caught.
« on: May 02, 2019, 11:00:51 AM »
Talking about Cheating Chinese, I remembered back in my Senior year of College, I took a Signals and Systems Analysis class with these Chinese students.  They would all get their homeworks done when I struggled through mine.  Then I discovered they were just copying from the one or two really smart ones in the library and turning it in.  They all passed the course, but when it came to the Midterm and Finals, I did way better than most of them.  Just the one or two that did all the real work did as well or better than me.  It's okay though, they were all Electrical Engineering students so this class was crucial to the success of their future courses while I was a Compsci student and just took the course as an elective because it involved a lot of math which I was able to do at the time.

Article:
https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/ucla-cheating

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese cheating ring caught.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:06:33 PM »
My girlie roomie is a business major in mis.  She got this big briefcase from former students of previous tests and projects thus helping the girl passed the course.  Once out in the fields at national semiconductor company, she don't know chit thus came scrutiny by the industry leaders.  It is a benefit to join a club or join a frat.  They party the day B4 exam days n have tests to study upon.  It is like a cult.  You join it to get previous students past exams to study upon. Everyone taking the same courses with the same professors to get the same exams. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese cheating ring caught.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 01:37:48 PM »
Yup, I've known plenty of fraternities that keep exams from classes to share with their frat brothers.  It's a very common practice.

Advertisements