Advertisement

Author Topic: "Average Joe" price vs. my corporate contracted discounted price regarding car  (Read 197 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
..rental cost. I've been hearing that rental car cost has gone way up during this pandemic era so I was curious to see the cost difference between regular customers vs. my corporate discounted rate and WOW, sucks to be the regular customers  ???  ;D ...

Regular customers rate:

My corporate discounted rate:

Side by side comparison:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Here's an article about it:

Why your next rental car might cost more than a plane ticket
Rental cars never commanded much of a traveler’s attention or budget — until now

Chris Fore was taking all the steps to make his family’s first trip to Hawaii in July affordable: using credit card points for plane tickets, staying in a timeshare and bargain hunting for a rental car months in advance.

That’s where his plans hit a snag.

“I usually shop the heck out of things for the best deals,” said Fore, a high school principal from Apple Valley, Calif. “And now I’m regretting not pulling a trigger on a rental car back in November.”

Back then, the prices for an SUV or van were a little higher than his $700 budget for the 10-day trip with his family of five. Now, he’s finding options closer to $1,600.

Fore is not an outlier in his struggle. As millions more Americans get vaccinated against the coronavirus every week — and millions take to the skies — demand for travel is skyrocketing.

That growing interest is running smack into a dearth of vehicles after rental car companies shed hundreds of thousands of their cars during the earlier days of the pandemic. And in many cases, the cars that are available are extremely expensive.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile

Advertisements