Advertisement

Author Topic: Rent Moratorium  (Read 3881 times)

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Rent Moratorium
« on: August 02, 2021, 02:48:04 PM »
So I have a tenant and he took advantage of the rent moratorium, live free for almost 1 year now.  As soon as that expires, he starts paying rent again.  Now, if that were to extend again, he'll take advantage of the system again.  I'm thinking where did all that stimulus $$ go?  As a landlord, I  have bills to pay too.  So, my thought, no more extension.

Like this post: 0
But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Rent Moratorium
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 02:52:28 PM »
You can charge him for 12 months of back pay

and kick him out  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 03:00:16 PM »
So I have a tenant and he took advantage of the rent moratorium, live free for almost 1 year now.  As soon as that expires, he starts paying rent again.  Now, if that were to extend again, he'll take advantage of the system again.  I'm thinking where did all that stimulus $$ go?  As a landlord, I  have bills to pay too.  So, my thought, no more extension.

Apply for those free money
No shame

Like this post: +1
God did not created man...man created god

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 04:00:30 PM »
Apply for those free money
No shame
Don't mind people applying for stimulus but just don't take advantage of the rent moratorium.  Some people will and that's why I'm not advocating for extension.  The Gov't already gave enough rounds of stimulus.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 10:22:41 PM »
Don't mind people applying for stimulus but just don't take advantage of the rent moratorium.  Some people will and that's why I'm not advocating for extension.  The Gov't already gave enough rounds of stimulus.

I thought you didn’t own any real estate ???

Anyway

You, the landlord, would apply for the small business free welfare money
Your tenant would apply for the free rent assistance money welfare

WE ALL WON AND EAT THAT SOUP!

Offline Cali Guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +650
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2021, 12:50:52 PM »

Anyway

You don’t need to be jealous of Dok, you want something, go work towards it. Cheap real estates in WI.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2021, 01:01:15 PM »
You can't kick them out now and get a new talent cuz the new tenant will not pay your back pay. 

You apply with the government to collect the back pay cuz the government do have the money set aside for it.  It might take a long time cuz their process is slower to a crawl.  Once you collect, you can do an eviction if they don't or can't pay.  Gotta catch them when the ban is lifted though. 

If I'm not in need of money, I'll let my tenant live for free until they are back on their feet.  Tenant and landlord relationship should be tight.  I treat them like family and they take care of my house like a family would or should.    O0

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2021, 01:08:56 PM »
You can't kick them out now and get a new talent cuz the new tenant will not pay your back pay. 

You apply with the government to collect the back pay cuz the government do have the money set aside for it.  It might take a long time cuz their process is slower to a crawl.  Once you collect, you can do an eviction if they don't or can't pay.  Gotta catch them when the ban is lifted though. 

If I'm not in need of money, I'll let my tenant live for free until they are back on their feet.  Tenant and landlord relationship should be tight.  I treat them like family and they take care of my house like a family would or should.    O0

You both apply for the FREE WELFARE MONEY
everyone win

No need to be SHAME

these same people who comes in PH and bash other
Eat it already too
Bunch of weirdo

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2021, 02:50:27 PM »

Anyway

That soup has to be paid someway somehow and if I'm not paying now my kids will.  I'm all about helping people but I'm also all about not wasting $$ as well.  There are so many jobs available now and not enough people to fill on top of the several stimulus so people have no excuse for not paying rent.  I really have no sympathy when the moratorium ended.  I know there's a fight to keep it going and that's a bad idea. As soon as it's extended, my tenant will take advantage of the loophole and many others too.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2021, 05:57:52 PM »
Luis Vertentes, a tenant from East Providence, R.I., stands before Judge Walter Gorman during an eviction hearing, Monday, Aug. 2, 2021, in Providence. Rhode Island tenants facing eviction after the lifting of a federal moratorium on being ousted for unpaid rent plead their case in court. Vertentes agreed to leave his residence, which he has not paid rent on in four months, in about three weeks. (AP Photo/Charles Krupa)
https://www.wvnstv.com/news/national/landlords-tenants-fill-courts-as-eviction-moratorium-ends/

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2021, 06:27:09 PM »
You don’t need to be jealous of Dok, you want something, go work towards it. Cheap real estates in WI.

;D ;D ;D

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2021, 06:28:52 PM »
  That soup has to be paid someway somehow and if I'm not paying now my kids will.  I'm all about helping people but I'm also all about not wasting $$ as well.  There are so many jobs available now and not enough people to fill on top of the several stimulus so people have no excuse for not paying rent.  I really have no sympathy when the moratorium ended.  I know there's a fight to keep it going and that's a bad idea. As soon as it's extended, my tenant will take advantage of the loophole and many others too.

Dok,

You're talking to a person that said, stealing things from the store or commit insurance fraud is no big deal because those businesses can just write it off.. :idiot2: ;D

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2021, 08:33:29 PM »
Actually, HmongRocks has some good points.  I can understand the viewpoints he's speaking from.  Corporate welfare is huge in this country and sometimes $$ need to trickle down to the little folks.  Those corporate welfare are the sweat and blood of the little folks.  Some folks can and do benefits from the rent moratorium.  I'm venting because my tenant hasn't paid since the rent moratorium took effect and that was months ago but as soon as it got lifted, he was quick to hand me the rent. 

AND I can understand those folks for corporate welfare and against rent moratorium too.  If I have to pick, I'm rooting for the little folks.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2021, 10:13:49 PM »
Actually, HmongRocks has some good points.  I can understand the viewpoints he's speaking from.  Corporate welfare is huge in this country and sometimes $$ need to trickle down to the little folks.  Those corporate welfare are the sweat and blood of the little folks.  Some folks can and do benefits from the rent moratorium.  I'm venting because my tenant hasn't paid since the rent moratorium took effect and that was months ago but as soon as it got lifted, he was quick to hand me the rent. 

AND I can understand those folks for corporate welfare and against rent moratorium too.  If I have to pick, I'm rooting for the little folks.

I told you what you need to do already
Apply for the small business free money
Your tenant apply for that rent assistance free money

AIN’T NO SHAME
don’t let these PH troll fool you
They eating welfare too
We all are

They come in here, with grease lips, and bash other for eating

FUNNIEST SHYT EVER

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »

don’t let these PH troll fool you

Especially this one:

hmgrock you're the biggest troll i swear... i honestly don't think your online persona is real other than to troll..

Bro HR,

I called you a negative nancy.  I also said INO is a day trade because of the volatility.  At least get your information right.

If you are here to help people, why are you the biggest troll in this forum?  In addition to being the biggest troll, you don't even understand trading. 

Purposely go "underground" to steal from the poor and then "make fun" of them by giving them "spoilage" food is not a good thing so DON'T BE THAT GUY.. :idiot2:

Advertisements