Advertisement

Author Topic: Is this where we're at with higher learning?  (Read 344 times)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
Is this where we're at with higher learning?
« on: August 31, 2021, 10:16:07 AM »

https://www.startribune.com/u-research-digs-into-why-people-with-generous-unemployment-benefits-take-longer-to-find-work/530858221/
It takes a university study to figured out why people with generous unemployment take longer to find work?  :idiot2: :idiot2:
Are there no common sense left in the world today?
Hey, Minnesotans... is this where your education is taking you?

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Adverstisement

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
Re: Is this where we're at with higher learning?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 02:14:49 PM »
Lots of styles on how this unemployment game is being played. 

The U of M can take my case study if they wanna. 

When I was laid off, I ate it clean, milked it till it is done then went looking for work when I felt like I needed some income.  I was young, had no bills, just needed some money to finance them women for dates.  I was on a long vacation.  I had money saved up though.  I didn't really need that unemployment check but for the California max at the time of $400 a week?  Do you spend $400 at the club every week?  So I was able to travel and stayed in MN and WIS where I overstayed and broke hmong girl's hearts.   :2funny:

But to keep it real, when you do look for job again, one of the question on the application is why is there a gap in your employment.  The longer you are out of work, the more harder it is for you to dodge this type of question. 

Now my dad retired early.  He didn't have to work but he did so just to milk the unemployment benefit.  To him, if you take X amount of money from his paycheck, he will find a way to get it back.  With unemployment for california, they go by quarters and hours and units and stuff like that.  So my dad was clever enough to work enough to qualify, then goes on unemployment on purpose by telling his boss to lay him off and then he just milked it all.  Next thing you know, the guy goes back to work to get them units or hours in to qualify once again and he would do the same thing again.

So you see, different stroke for different folks. I know people who gets payed more with unemployment plus that stimulus weekly bonus check than had they gone to work.  This is probably a reason why some people rather stayed on welfare than work for min wages.  The whole overall package if added all together like medical, housing assistance, electrical and water bill and cable assistance for being low income plus food stamps all added up to way more than a stinky min wages job with no benefits at all.  So I can't blame them.  They are doing what they can to survive and the system is broken for that reason.  If it is legally done by them then it is their rights to harvest it.  Sounds like fair game to me. 

Like this post: 0
X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Advertisements