Advertisement

Author Topic: China Government says no to effeminate men  (Read 554 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1323
    • View Profile
China Government says no to effeminate men
« on: September 03, 2021, 04:14:29 PM »
China bans men it sees as not masculine enough from TV

BEIJING (AP) — China’s government banned effeminate men on TV and told broadcasters Thursday to promote “revolutionary culture,” broadening a campaign to tighten control over business and society and enforce official morality.

President Xi Jinping has called for a “national rejuvenation,” with tighter Communist Party control of business, education, culture and religion. Companies and the public are under increasing pressure to align with its vision for a more powerful China and healthier society.

The party has reduced children’s access to online games and is trying to discourage what it sees as unhealthy attention to celebrities.

Broadcasters must “resolutely put an end to sissy men and other abnormal esthetics,” the National Radio and TV Administration said, using an insulting slang term for effeminate men — “niang pao,” or literally, “girlie guns.”

That reflects official concern that Chinese pop stars, influenced by the sleek, fashionable look of some South Korean and Japanese singers and actors, are failing to encourage China’s young men to be masculine enough.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
Re: China Government says no to effeminate men
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 06:10:11 PM »
Sounds almost like an Onion article but then it sounds legit also.

Umm, I do see a lot of (and not just some) South Korean and Japanese singers and actors acting and looking unmanly--this is based on my definition of what "unmanly" is.  But have no fear, there's a sector of society that accepts effeminate men because they believe in accepting everyone as they are.  But, remember, too, that there are still many people on the other side of the spectrum who are reluctant to accepting effeminate men because it doesn't agree with them.  These people's views should be respected also, right?

I see effeminate men as wanting to bend the rules--they don't want to be seen as neither men nor women.  But, people have to remember that the lines of what it means to be a man vs a woman have been defined for a long time.  Not everyone is comfortable with seeing a rise in effeminate men.  to some people, effeminate men do not convey "strength" and "masculinity".  Maybe people want to feel protected?  And if they are surrounded by a lot of effeminate men, it makes them feel unsafe against enemy men from the outside who do show strength and muscle?

Anyway, it boils down to the question of, How important is it to follow social norms?  If not important, is it OK for adults to act like children and for children to act like adults?  Is it OK for people to act like apes?  LOL.  I don't know.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 06:37:14 PM »
China government is banning BTS look a like? 

wow, girlie men 

Where all them chinese macho men at?  They need more air time. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 01:09:15 AM »
It's probably more important to be a Zombie Apocalypse survivor.  :2funny:

...and no, I don't twerk no mo...

but I wouldn't mind wearing a flowery summer dress when it's summer.  >:D

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 03:55:24 AM »
There are effeminate men in the U.S. , but it doesn't make U.S. look weak.  Dayum, CCP these days don't have logical reason. All they care about is appearance instead of using their head. When foreigners made of fun of them, their pride hurt.  Brawn over brain. ;D

I can't say about the effeminate men. They are born that way and we can't force their will to change their nature. When they hit a plateau, they'll change their mind and heart. If CCP force them harshly someday CCP gonna reap what they sow. There'll be less population in China.

Just remember that Jackie Chan's biological father used to work for the CCP and he ran away. Don't forget that Taiwan and Hong Kong dislike CCP from the beginning. CCP are in same position as N. Korea. E.g. More Korean women and men are fleeing from their homeland.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 07:25:02 AM »
China should keep the former royal Chinese traditional use of eunuchs though. Such men don't molest the wives of the royal court or the leading figures of the country.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 10:41:43 PM »
Hmong people ain't different to the Chinese when it comes to effeminate.  ;D ;D

https://fb.watch/7SCcT40iOY/

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements