Advertisement

Author Topic: How bad do you think inflation is atm.  (Read 1744 times)

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
How bad do you think inflation is atm.
« on: October 27, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »
Do you believe the feds that it’s not that bad or are you feeling the effects too? I’m seeing skyrocketing prices everywhere these days.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
Re: How bad do you think inflation is atm.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 10:54:54 AM »
Do you believe the feds that it’s not that bad or are you feeling the effects too? I’m seeing skyrocketing prices everywhere these days.

Depends on who you ask
If you ask a trump guy, they going say its that $15/hour :2funny: :2funny:

At the end of the day
When the game is over
The score has been told

ITS ALWAYS THE FED
they control the money supply and the money printer
YOU BELIEVE THEM
They will tell us and let us know

WE HAVE A REALLY STRONG CENTRAL BANKING SYSTEM

God did not created man...man created god

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 10:57:07 AM »
Inflation is real and bad right now.  House prices (due to extremely low interest rates), rent prices, food prices have all gone up a lot.  Groceries are charging more for food and beverages.  A 12-can case of Coke was $5.99 last year, now it's $7.99.  Restaurants are charging $4-$5 dollars more for a lot of their dishes too.  A dish I used to get from this one restaurant was $12, now it's $17.  I think they upped their menu prices because of: 1) shortages of the ingredients (due to drought this summer), 2) overall increase in prices for everything, 3) slow economy.  The increase in menu prices might make up the difference for not having enough customers and the cost of inflation that they are experiencing to keep their businesses in operation.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 10:59:07 AM »
Me... personally
I don’t think its baddd
It just a supply issue
You got ship waiting at the port waiting to be unload

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 10:59:58 AM »
I'm feeling the effect too, yes to skyrocketing prices.  My favorite fish sauce is now lowest $7.99 to $9.99 and used to be highest at $4.99. I was at the grocery store the other day and most everything went up.   

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »
Depends on who you ask
If you ask a trump guy, they going say its that $15/hour :2funny: :2funny:

At the end of the day
When the game is over
The score has been told

ITS ALWAYS THE FED
they control the money supply and the money printer
YOU BELIEVE THEM
They will tell us and let us know

WE HAVE A REALLY STRONG CENTRAL BANKING SYSTEM
good point about the Feds. I think they’re printing and pumping around $120billion into the economy monthly to keep banks and rich investors happy.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 11:20:06 AM »
good point about the Feds. I think they’re printing and pumping around $120billion into the economy monthly to keep banks and rich investors happy.

the FEDS just buy the bonds and stock, man
i told yall to start playing this white man's stock market game

old screenshot... im up big time

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 11:37:08 AM »

the FEDS is really powerful man
more powerful than the president

they are the puppet master who run the show here in the USA
they have data and number that is unavailable to us common man

when FED CHAIRMAN J POWELL say it's a supply issue
it's a supply issue

you don't even need to open your mouth and agrue

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 11:57:58 AM »

Depends. This isn't something that happened suddenly. It's been progressively worsening since the 70's-80's. We can't just print more money despite what other's seem to think. Take a look at Venezuela.

Inflation is bad and it's gotten worse. No buying power. Gaps in wages/salary significantly lower than what models have shown/predicted. The potential lost of the middle class. We're now in two groups; those that have and those that have not.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 12:17:03 PM »
Depends. This isn't something that happened suddenly. It's been progressively worsening since the 70's-80's. We can't just print more money despite what other's seem to think. Take a look at Venezuela.

Inflation is bad and it's gotten worse. No buying power. Gaps in wages/salary significantly lower than what models have shown/predicted. The potential lost of the middle class. We're now in two groups; those that have and those that have not.
that’s exactly what the Feds are doing and they’re not hush hush about it either. They’re justifying it by saying inflation is not that bad. But when they do their calculations they cut out the high end and low end and keep just the items that are moderately priced only. This doesn’t really reflect real inflation. Middle and lower class people are feeling it. The rich hasn’t yet because an extra dollar a pound doesn’t  Affect them that much.   

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 12:24:42 PM »
that’s exactly what the Feds are doing and they’re not hush hush about it either. They’re justifying it by saying inflation is not that bad. But when they do their calculations they cut out the high end and low end and keep just the items that are moderately priced only. This doesn’t really reflect real inflation. Middle and lower class people are feeling it. The rich hasn’t yet because an extra dollar a pound doesn’t  Affect them that much.

Thank Reagan and trickle-down economics. The Feds are throwing down inner tubes for everyone else but they've got life boats for Co's and Corps. Saving them doesn't save us. It never has nor will it ever.

But don't print money willy nilly. Take it from the Co's and Corps.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 12:29:01 PM »
If you sit down and really think it over...
Like really think it over...

The FEDS can’t let big corp like walmart, amazon, etc.. go down
Because we would all be eating shyt and drinking piss
They have to $$$$ support it
I HATE IT TOO
BUT THATS LIFE

Now invest in $WMT
Because can’t beat them
Join them

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 01:20:09 PM »
You can tell if inflation is going up or down by looking at your wallet.  Do you have more or less money? 

Is bit coin going up or down?  Up meaning inflation but down like right now, correction or inflation scare is just a hoax. 

Goods and services have gone up but with that, so should your wages to balance things out.   So a pound of feather or a pound of brick, which weigh more? 

Vietnam dong currency is around 22,000 per every $1USD.   If we make vietnam currency in USD, 1 dong for them is $1 USD then it would be the same cuz I don't wanna carry around a wad of cash of 22,000 dong notes.

As long as everything is in a balance, meaning that if your goods or services is rising, so should your wages as well then it should balance things out.  Only thing sucks is the money you saved up yesterday is losing her value to the currency of the new inflation of today. 

My cuz from mn told me that if I were to invest $100 in Shib crypto currency back in jan of 2021, Id be a millionaire by now.  Not sure if that is true cuz I haven't invested in Shib but it is mind blogging.  $100 with inflation is nothing right?  Lets go by some now.  Shib is @    0.000048 wow, 4 zeros, better than the penny stock market  :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 02:07:36 PM »
If you sit down and really think it over...
Like really think it over...

The FEDS can’t let big corp like walmart, amazon, etc.. go down
Because we would all be eating shyt and drinking piss
They have to $$$$ support it
I HATE IT TOO
BUT THATS LIFE

Now invest in $WMT
Because can’t beat them
Join them

That's true to an extent and probably beyond what the public, myself included, can understand.

But as someone near the bottom rung of the ladder, nothing is coming down my way. Intentions and Expectations are one thing, what actually happens is another. The Feds can't enforce what private businesses are doing even when it's the Feds bailing out Co's and Corps.

Rock, if anything even beating them at their own game means squat. Look at Robinhood and Gamestop. Who's cashed in?

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2021, 02:49:10 PM »
That's true to an extent and probably beyond what the public, myself included, can understand.

But as someone near the bottom rung of the ladder, nothing is coming down my way. Intentions and Expectations are one thing, what actually happens is another. The Feds can't enforce what private businesses are doing even when it's the Feds bailing out Co's and Corps.

Rock, if anything even beating them at their own game means squat. Look at Robinhood and Gamestop. Who's cashed in?

Bro

Im just a common guy
I’ve been preaching about investing to other
For fawk sake I even wrote a guide

Can’t beat them
Join them

Gotta max out those Roth ira $6k

http://www.pebhmong.com/forum/index.php/topic,396083.0.html

Advertisements