Advertisement

Author Topic: Another first for Hmong  (Read 806 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Another first for Hmong
« on: November 04, 2021, 10:39:27 PM »
Inspiring the Next Generation: First Hmong Principal in U.S. Works Beyond the Classroom

Kaying Xiong's passion for education and community goes beyond her work in the Eau Claire Area School District

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Solemn Wind

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +59
    • View Profile
Re: Another first for Hmong
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 06:54:20 AM »
Inspiring the Next Generation: First Hmong Principal in U.S. Works Beyond the Classroom

Kaying Xiong's passion for education and community goes beyond her work in the Eau Claire Area School District

How long has Kaying Xiong been principal? There have been Hmong principals for  quite a few years now. And no, I’m not talking about those Hmong schools that are in places like St. Paul and Sacramento but just your regular traditional American public schools.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 07:57:04 AM »
Agreed.

I personally know two from at least two decades ago. Both were women.  I have the autograph of one.

How long has Kaying Xiong been principal? There have been Hmong principals for  quite a few years now. And no, I’m not talking about those Hmong schools that are in places like St. Paul and Sacramento but just your regular traditional American public schools.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 08:03:19 AM »
The source of the claim that she’s first in elementary school is the Hmong Cultural Center.

This center may be relied on for cultural information or even the Hmong Archives but not for news or history. Try the Center for Hmong Studies for news and history like this.

But Kaying became principal only recently—in the Covid-19 “ era.” The lady I got an autograph of was principal of an elementary school in Burnsville, Minnesota about 20 years ago.

There are very few professions that still have no Hmong in. Very few. We already have one at NASA and one on top of the world Olympics.

I’m serious. ;D

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 12:48:56 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2021, 11:29:48 AM »
The source of the claim that she’s first in elementary school is the Hmong Cultural Center.

This center may be relied on for cultural information or even the Hmong Archives but not for news or history. Try the Center for Hmong Studies for news and history like this.

But Kaying became principal only recently—in the Covid-19 “ era.” The lady I got an autograph of was principal of an elementary school in Burnsville, Minnesota about 20 years ago. She was a Lee.

There are very few professions that still have no Hmong in. Very few. We already have one at NASA and one on top of the world Olympics. Both are Lee clan members.

I’m serious. ;D
Not true...

"Dr. Kaying Xiong-Vue would go on to complete the teacher education program and become the first Hmong American woman principal in the United States in 2001. "

https://www.facebook.com/HmongWomen/posts/2962073433827446

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2021, 12:03:36 PM »
She was doctor a long time ago. Sure. Perhaps true. But her alma matter Hamline University has it on its Covid page just now that she's first Hmong principal for elementary school.

It's not that she's not a Lee that I don't acknowledge her first-ness. It's just that the news just came out now.

How long has she been principal at Eau Claire, Dok?

Not true...

"Dr. Kaying Xiong-Vue would go on to complete the teacher education program and become the first Hmong American woman principal in the United States in 2001. "

https://www.facebook.com/HmongWomen/posts/2962073433827446

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 12:10:19 PM by Reporter »

"...

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 02:31:56 PM »
According to info..2001  and that sounds about right, before COVID era for sure.

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 02:56:55 PM »
I met the other two way in the 90s.

"...

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 02:57:31 PM »
She’s first for Eau Claire.

"...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2021, 03:34:04 PM »
Better let "Eau Claire Area School District" or the writer of the article know.. ;D

Advertisements