Advertisement

Author Topic: I've already paid that much at CA and CA so meh...doesn't shock me  (Read 922 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Gas prices soar to record levels in California amid Ukraine crisis, tax hikes. The state average could reach $5 a gallon soon, experts say. Residents react to higher gas prices amid the ongoing conflict with Russia.

I've paid very high gas prices in California on several occasions near five dollars a gallon and up so nothing new to me:

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I've already paid that much at CA and CA so meh...doesn't shock me
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2022, 10:07:51 PM »
And a few times in the other CA (Canada):

Offline NtsesHnub

• PH Regular
  • FishSun
  • Respect: +242
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2022, 10:37:21 PM »
Canada goes by liters?

Like this post: +1
Different 💩 same smell

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 03:54:36 PM »
Yep!

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 10:17:25 PM »
The truth is many complaining Americans are just spoiled as many other countries have been paying this kind of gas price and up for years now...

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 10:05:35 PM »
Look at what this country pays for gas compared to their monthly salary  :o:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2022, 09:11:47 PM »
Not just in poorer Africa areas/countries, I took this photo while in Europe as some European countries have been paying more for gas than us Americans in the U.S. for years with comparable living wages. This is a well-known and popular gas station brand in Europe:

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 12:52:38 PM »
I've paid very high gas prices in California on several occasions near five dollars a gallon and up so nothing new to me:

Love how the Lefties/Demmies tried in desparation to pin the high inflation on the conflict.

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 04:37:13 PM »
As stated, I've already been there, done that many times especially in other coutries so I'm not "blown away"...:

Drivers 'blown away' by spiking gas prices as Ukraine-Russia crisis fires up oil

Even before Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, U.S. gas prices were rising rapidly — and are now marching toward a national average of $4 per gallon or higher in the coming months with the crisis showing no signs of abating.

As sanctions isolate Moscow and crimp Russian energy supplies, skyrocketing crude oil and gas prices will impact consumers and businesses already facing the highest inflation levels since 1982. On Thursday, Brent (CL=F) briefly flirted with $120 per barrel, with U.S. oil (MCL=F) not far behind at $116.

“I wish that we've peaked. I think we're a long way from that. Unfortunately, on an average year, gas prices go up 25 to as much as 75 cents a gallon between March and Memorial day,” Patrick De Haan, head of petroleum analysis at GasBuddy, told Yahoo Finance Live this week.

On Monday, the national average was $3.61 a gallon, according to AAA. By comparison, the average U.S. gas price was about $2.65 a year ago.

In California, where prices are now averaging $4.82 a gallon — up 5 cents from last week — the situation is already grim. A year ago, the Golden State’s average pump price was about $1.16 cheaper.

Los Angeles and several other areas across the Southland follow the trend of topping record high averages. The average price for regular gas has now hit $4.89 a gallon in the Los Angeles area. That's the 22nd record high in the last 25 days. It's also 10 cents more than last week and about $1.14 more than a year ago.

At one Chevron gas station in Los Angeles county, customers are paying $6.25 per gallon over the weekend, causing them to dig deeper into their pockets at the pump.

“I am just blown away like I couldn’t imagine we would get this high so quickly. It's just really surprising,” Janine Pibal, a Los Angeles County resident, told Yahoo Finance in an interview.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 10:21:50 PM »
Speaking of the Repsol brand, I'm sure they have to think about hiring and maintaining a security guard to personally guard their $2 million motorcycle per the photo I took below  ;D:

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2022, 11:16:16 PM »
Sure we'll probably pay the most ever but compared to places like Hong Kong, we are still paying less with similar living wages:

Californians resigned as gasoline prices spike

California drivers are paying an average of more than $5 for a gallon ($1.34 per liter), according to the American Automobile Association (AAA)...

In Hong Kong, drivers were already paying US$2.50 per liter in 2021, according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.

On average, Americans pay around $1 per liter, according to the AAA, and even California's $1.34 per liter is well below the prices paid by Europeans.

"It's expensive but it's always been more expensive here in California, so I guess we're used to it," said Harry Lee, as he fueled up on the way to work in Los Angeles on Friday.

"I'll be happy when it goes down but so far it doesn't impact me too much," he added.

"My cousin, who drives for Uber here in LA, is complaining a lot though. I guess it can be hard on him if gas remains at this level for too long."

....For others, there is a simple solution to paying through the nose.

"I just bought a Tesla," said Matthew Reynl.

"That's my solution to the gas prices going up."

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2022, 09:56:31 PM »
Not just CA..other parts of the country seem bothered too even though they are still paying California's old rate:

NJ gas prices hit record-breaking all-time high. How to make your tank take you further. The average price of gasoline in New Jersey hit an all-time high of $4.09 per gallon on Sunday, up more than $1.10 in the last year, according to AAA Mid-Atlantic.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2022, 10:29:42 PM »
Remember that them sanctions are to punish the Russians and not us

Even if gas prices are at $10 a gallon, I don't mind paying.  See it as a necessary to help win the war.  We pay ten bucks but make sure the Russians are paying $100 per liter.  This will cripple their economy and let their own people to gang up and stop Putin. 

We already have Young Russian soldiers sabotaging their own tanks and surrender just to quit the war.  They need more civilian and top business leaders voices in Russia to stop Putin from the inside. 

Assassinate the fool for all I care and help build up a different Russia, one where we can feel safe and proud to book a vacation trip there to see the new Russia. 

Too much power given to one guy and this is what commie dictatorship is all about. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2022, 01:21:35 AM »

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2022, 05:23:23 PM »
Not good if so... ???:

Are oil and gas companies price gouging consumers at the pump?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/03/07/gas-prices-gouging-oil-companies/9412322002/?gnt-cfr=1

Advertisements