Advertisement

Author Topic: It's redneck WI, not surprised they said "harmless" when mistreating Hmong & Lao  (Read 394 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1333
    • View Profile
...Wisconites  ???:

Wisconsin School District Claims Teacher’s Anti-Asian Slurs Were Harmless

Members of the Asian American community in Wausau, Wisconsin, are outraged that the school district has put a teacher it admits used racist and sexist language back in the classroom.

“While a preponderance of the evidence shows that Mr. Perkins did not engage in harassing or discriminatory behavior, he did engage in insensitive and unprofessional conduct,” the district superintendent wrote in a letter this week.

“Witnesses indicate that he did use language that could be insensitive to students of different protected classes, including race and sex, but that language does not rise to the level of discrimination or harassment.”

An open letter signed by Asian American leaders in Wausau—which is 81 percent white according to census data, but has a large Hmong-Lao population—said they were outraged by the reinstatement of high school band teacher Robert Perkins.

“Despite corroborating statements confirming Mr. Perkins’ use of anti-Asian, racist slurs such as ‘chink’ and ‘ching chong,’ as well as statements from other witnesses that Mr. Perkins’ conduct caused unease among students from protected classes, the WSD investigator still found no grounds for a determination of harassment,” the letter reads.

“This decision sends a strong message that using racist, sexist, and homophobic slurs are permissible, so long as they made are in good faith, and that is just unacceptable to us.”

The school district’s letter, which summarized its internal investigation into a student complaint about Perkins, said that “all students report that Mr. Perkins uses humor to engage students and create a ‘fun’ environment.”

It then went on to say, somewhat confusingly, that while Perkins does say things that causes students “unease,” the students also believe he creates a “safe space” and “does not meant to harm anyone.”

The student who complained told the investigator he believes Perkins knows what he doing and that students will “cover for him” because they like him.

At a school board meeting this week, several students spoke out in support of Perkins, who was named Teacher of the Month in January, and urged the district to reinstate him.

Perkins has not publicly commented on the situation. The father of the boy who complained said his son was so upset he had not been in school for two weeks.

“When I saw it in my son’s eyes as he’s crying on the floor, it broke my heart that a grown man can do this to my son,” Tha Vongphakdy told WAOW.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline ProudLao

• Mekong In My Heart
  • Administrator
  • Still a little boy running free in Laos
  • Respect: +561
    • View Profile
Hillbilly for sure.

I take refuge in the Buddha.
I take refuge in the dharma.
I take refuge in the sangha.

Theravada

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
...Wisconites  ???:

Well, Wisconsin is a majority Left/Dem state so I understand... they virtual signal but do the opposite in private.
However, I bet this would be a big big issue and all over the MSM if the slur was against blacks...

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
To survive in the white man's world, redneck world, you somewhat got to play by their rules.  Turn a blind eye and even give your daughter for them white boys to date. 

I know what I said is disturbing but that's how my cousins who lives in redneck cities are doing it.  They blend on in with the white folks and they do things not to offend the white men.  Where I'm coming from, we show the world our azn pride.  Our neighbors are usually minorities so they understand the rules of engagement.  Throw parties with roasted pig and loud noises?  No problem.  Them mexicans have their own parties that doesn't bother you non.  If you live next to white folks, let me see you make a stinky cultural dish in your backyard where the smell would fly to your neighbors.  These types of cultural stuff like cooking your fish sauce to make it taste better are not done by my midwest cousins.  If they do cultural stuff, they do it indoors.  Outdoors where your neighbors can see are stuff that them rednecks are doing too like BBQ just your typical hotdogs hamburger and steak where the smell is something they are accustomed to.   

It takes an outsider to go into their world to tell them the truth but will they listen?  Nah, it's normal order for them over there.  Wait til you get hated upon cuz you azn but then again, if you act white, how can they hate you for being white?   :idiot2:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
Parents are not informed? They don’t know where to go next?

Here:

How to File a Discrimination Complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (Rev. May 1999)

U.S. Department of Education
Office for Civil Rights: Ensuring Equal Access To Quality Education

Responsibiliti es of the Office for Civil Rights

The Office for Civil Rights (OCR), in the U.S. Department of Education, is a law enforcement agency. It is charged with enforcing the federal civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, and age in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. These laws are as follows:

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (prohibiting race, color, and national origin discrimination)
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (prohibiting sex discrimination)
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (prohibiting disability discrimination)
Age Discrimination Act of 1975 (prohibiting age discrimination)
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (prohibiting disability discrimination by public entities, including public school districts, public colleges and universities, public vocational schools, and public libraries, whether or not they receive Federal financial assistance)
The civil rights laws represent a national commitment to end discrimination in educational programs. The laws also work toward promoting the Department's mission -- ensuring equal access to education and promoting educational excellence throughout the nation. Most of OCR's activities take place in OCR enforcement offices around the country. In Washington, D.C., the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights provides overall leadership and coordination.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
As outrage grows over Wausau teacher who used racial slurs, Asian community demands action

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Wisconsin teacher accused of using anti-Asian slurs against student resigns

A high school band teacher in Wisconsin has resigned following allegations of harassment and discrimination . Under investigation: Robert Perkins, a band teacher at Wausau East High School, was accused of using racial and sexually dehumanizing slurs against an openly gay Asian American senior student.

P90xbox

yeah Wisco is the new south..white Folks in the south are actually really nice...well maybe not very friendly, but they will help, answer, or look after you if you're in need of help or something..jus t like people...the ones you can trust a little more are the ones who keeps it neutral..not too friendly...not too snobby...haha

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
Well, Wisconsin is a majority Left/Dem state so I understand... they virtual signal but do the opposite in private.
However, I bet this would be a big big issue and all over the MSM if the slur was against blacks...

Take it from a sconey. It's not.

Have a nice car? Is it a rental?
Have a nice house? Are you here to mow the lawn?
Have a decent job/career? Are you here to clean the office?

Advertisements